The Guardiola Paradox

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Guardiola Paradox

Postby Outcast » Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:05 pm

Mase wrote:Also, why can't we win it every season? Go on, give me a reason. We've got the "the best manage in the world"

FFP, VAR, Injuries, exhaustion, desire after two intense seasons ? Just a thought..

I have no doubt we will bounce back next season if we refresh the squad. We need young quality players with desire.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mase » Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:16 pm

Outcast wrote:
Mase wrote:Also, why can't we win it every season? Go on, give me a reason. We've got the "the best manage in the world"

FFP, VAR, Injuries, exhaustion, desire after two intense seasons ? Just a thought..

I have no doubt we will bounce back next season if we refresh the squad. We need young quality players with desire.

:lol: excuses. We've got "the best manager in the world"
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Outcast » Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:31 pm

Mase wrote:
Outcast wrote:

Let's bring Bobby Manc back, he must be the answer :roll:
Outcast

Postby Mase » Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:36 pm

Outcast wrote:
Mase wrote:
Outcast wrote:

Nah he's not the answer. Why would he be when we've got the best manager in the world.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Outcast » Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:47 pm

Mase wrote:
Outcast wrote:
Mase wrote:
Outcast wrote:

Nah he's not the answer. Why would he be when we've got the best manager in the world.

Your solution? I think you're a little upset Otter is not in the starting line up :lol:
Outcast

Postby Mase » Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:50 pm

I'm not upset. We've got the world greatest manager whose just beat Ole.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby HBlock Cripple » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:00 pm

Bloody hell, get a grip. Maybe none of you were watching in the 70's
HBlock Cripple
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby City64 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:05 pm

We are so easy to play against with our shite defence , average teams just counter attack us it is as simple as that . We wont win fuck all until its sorted , luckily we only have Oxford United and Port Vale in the domestic cups and we have already qualified for the CL last 16 so plenty of time to address that issue with Laporte due back in January and a new CB and left back essential buys the transfer window .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Outcast » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:14 pm

Mase wrote:I'm not upset. We've got the world greatest manager whose just beat Ole.

Maybe the whole team didnt turn up, maybe we could blame them for once? Yes Pep has flaws and sometime his team selection can be bafflng, maybe there are other behind the scene issues we are not aware of?
Outcast

Postby Mase » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:15 pm

Outcast wrote:
Mase wrote:I'm not upset. We've got the world greatest manager whose just beat Ole.

Maybe the whole team didnt turn up, maybe we could blame them for once? Yes Pep has flaws and sometime his team selection can be bafflng, maybe there are other behind the scene issues we are not aware of?

Pep doesn't have control of the dressing room??
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby city72 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:07 pm

City64 wrote:We are so easy to play against with our shite defence , average teams just counter attack us it is as simple as that . We wont win fuck all until its sorted , luckily we only have Oxford United and Port Vale in the domestic cups and we have already qualified for the CL last 16 so plenty of time to address that issue with Laporte due back in January and a new CB and left back essential buys the transfer window .

You fucking melon
city72
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester city

Postby City64 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:10 pm

city72 wrote:
City64 wrote:We are so easy to play against with our shite defence , average teams just counter attack us it is as simple as that . We wont win fuck all until its sorted , luckily we only have Oxford United and Port Vale in the domestic cups and we have already qualified for the CL last 16 so plenty of time to address that issue with Laporte due back in January and a new CB and left back essential buys the transfer window .

You fucking melon

Fuck off using my sayings
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:22 pm

s1ty m wrote:Your best midfielder playing at CB is maybe a problem, Pep. Just a thought.

This is a major problem. Discussing this at the game today my view was that it would be better to switch Rodri with Fern. That gives more height to the back 4, Fern plays where he's most effective, and both can still deliver a decent pass.
However, despite all our injuries and the dodgy officials and VAR calls, I think our biggest problem is the lack of an on-field leader in the squad since Vinnie left. Despite Dave's obvious genius over the last decade he is not a natural leader on the pitch. We lack a VK-type who will galvanise the other players, hand out bollockings when needed, not be afraid to yell at other top players if that's what's required. Yes, there are areas where we need to strengthen in January, but imho one who can lead is a must (preferably from CB!).
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby City64 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:28 pm

Bluemoon4610 wrote:
s1ty m wrote:Your best midfielder playing at CB is maybe a problem, Pep. Just a thought.

This is a major problem. Discussing this at the game today my view was that it would be better to switch Rodri with Fern. That gives more height to the back 4, Fern plays where he's most effective, and both can still deliver a decent pass.
However, despite all our injuries and the dodgy officials and VAR calls, I think our biggest problem is the lack of an on-field leader in the squad since Vinnie left. Despite Dave's obvious genius over the last decade he is not a natural leader on the pitch. We lack a VK-type who will galvanise the other players, hand out bollockings when needed, not be afraid to yell at other top players if that's what's required. Yes, there are areas where we need to strengthen in January, but imho one who can lead is a must (preferably from CB!).

So what about the fact average teams with a bit of pace are counter attacking us to fuck ie Wolves Newcastle and the Rags ?
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:39 pm

City64 wrote:
Bluemoon4610 wrote:

So what about the fact average teams with a bit of pace are counter attacking us to fuck ie Wolves Newcastle and the Rags ?

Fern in his natural position would stop most counter attacks reaching our back 4, and a strong leader wouldn't allow the rest of the team to amble back as they seem to do at present. Problem solved! Who needs Pep's genius, just employ me for half his wages!!! :lol: :lol:
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:20 am

Pep has no more ideas - he needs all 11 world stars to follow his plan - any injuries to main players and he’s basically clueless .

He’s shown us how limited he is as a so called top manger when he has a few injuries to top players - he tries to be “cute” by playing Fernandinho in a stupid fucking position when he has defenders on the bench that can fill that position and it’s come back to bite him on his Catalan arse

He’s been a shite manager for us this season so far and his body language says he’s fed up .

Something has to give.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Nick » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:35 am

Wank. Everyone. Peps boring. Fix it.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby zabbadabbado » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:36 am

Bringing on Gundogan whilst 2-1 down instead of Fodden was astonishing,really astonishing.

I agree with those that think it couldl be his last season.

It is like the whole team have took a Sabatical for the season,all but confirmed with Pep Freudian aftermatch slip "we will be better next year"

His tactics are stinking the place out,and are actualy compounding our injury problems.

The players look unfit,one or two carrying too much wieght..What happenned to tracking back ?

It is not funny that every team looks like scoring against us at the moment.And he point blank refuses to change things because it undermines his Ego.

i know it sounds ridiculous,but i feel like he is deliberately fucking us up,leaving us over exposed at the back.

I mean seriously Angelino was James Bitch from minute 1.

We didnt lose by 4/5 goals because Pep saw us being exposed and over run and remedied it,We didnt lose by 4/5 Goals because rthe Rags were shit at finishing.

He handed that game to them on a Silver Platter.

Running around laughing and joking at the final whistele,blowing smoke up their arses in his Press conference.New for you Pep THEY ARE A SHIT MID TABLE SIDE that you made look like in their pomp Barcelona.

You were fucking Schooled by Noddy.

About time his Ego took a back seat and the good of the Team took precedence.If we set up like this to play the worst Arsenal side in Years,and Leicester a blip will become a full blown crisis.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby Dimples » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:52 am

Something is not right in that camp.

We do not work hard enough when the opposition have the ball. We used to.
Something up with Kevin as well. Hands in the air and moaning to the other players, etc...
He is not the only one with a bad attitude though.

Pep's weakness has always been defending.
He covered it through possession, attacking play and hard work when the other team got the ball.

We have stopped doing the basics that Pep's style relies on.

I wonder why?
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby zabbadabbado » Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:35 am

Dimples wrote:Something is not right in that camp.

We do not work hard enough when the opposition have the ball. We used to.
Something up with Kevin as well. Hands in the air and moaning to the other players, etc...
He is not the only one with a bad attitude though.

Pep's weakness has always been defending.
He covered it through possession, attacking play and hard work when the other team got the ball.

We have stopped doing the basics that Pep's style relies on.

I wonder why?

Remember when he repeatedly subbed Sane for not tracking back ?

Now half the side do it.

KDB has had a Face like a slapped Arse all season.I to have seen him remonstrating with team mates.Saw him pulling out of a 50/50 tackle today.

I also think he is starting to look a bit fat.Maybe he is visting the same Kebab House as Gundogan.

He needs to put his Face right and start enjoying his game again.

It was not that long back i thought he was a future Capitain leading by example.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum