The Guardiola Paradox

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Guardiola Paradox

Postby Mase » Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:58 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:The Goat is saying the opposite, which ex player do we put our faith in?

Either of them still involved with the club?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:01 pm

Mase wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:The Goat is saying the opposite, which ex player do we put our faith in?

I think the Goat is an ambassador.

Fwiw I do think Foden should be getting more of a run out, I'm looking forward to his 50th senior appearance for the club on Wednesday.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:12 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Mase wrote:
Wooders wrote:Looking at what is happening to Foden and Garcia I can’t say I blame Sancho for doing one

It was only last week that SWP commented on Foden's situation and said he'd get more game time doing a Sancho.

When you have players like SWP coming out with what some of us fans are saying then there is very little room to argue otherwise .

Sancho was leaving the minute the ££££££££££££ were under his nose a 17yr old kid should not be dicking around our owners, management and any manager we have. He is not flavour of the month at Dortmund, Chelsea here he comes another move engineered.

I’m sure inner circles like SWP knows more than us mate - you could be right but I tend to pay more attention to players like SWP who comments on our young players like Foden , we can only comment on what we read.

Foden has to play I could not agree more mate been screaming for it, Saturday would have lifted the whole place. Sancho like Sturridge a cock of the first order, doing the same now at Dortmund, well documented his attitude stinks.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby stupot » Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:33 pm

Sancho is a prick as you say doing exactly the same there.
That other kid who left us, the scouser Duncan who wanted to go home has now pissed off and left them as well.
None of them were cock ups by our management in thinking they weren't good players.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby salford city » Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:52 pm

stupot wrote:Sancho is a prick as you say doing exactly the same there.
That other kid who left us, the scouser Duncan who wanted to go home has now pissed off and left them as well.
None of them were cock ups by our management in thinking they weren't good players.

Agree we don't let good prospects go we may miss a late developer but a genuine talent going is not going to happen. Sancho undoubted talent but Billy big bollocks with a bad attitude
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Mase » Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:10 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Mase wrote:

Fwiw I do think Foden should be getting more of a run out, I'm looking forward to his 50th senior appearance for the club on Wednesday.

Foden? 38 matches for the senior team hasn't he? 28 as a sub and 10 starts.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:00 pm

Mase wrote:
Mase wrote:

Wickipedia makes it 44 appearances and 8 goals
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby zuricity » Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:11 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Mase wrote:
Mase wrote:

Is that the Candle lighters Wiki :lol: :lol:
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby PeterParker » Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:15 pm

PeterParker wrote:What scares the fuck out of me is his judgment of the players vs his ideas. Sancho, which I am not a fan at all, was sent away because he didn't see him as a genuine decent player to have a chance in our squad.

Now one year later, Sancho is one of the most interesting young players in the world.

Foden and Garcia look really fantastic, as Sancho did, but we are in danger to have a similar pattern.

Your timeline is a bit skewed there mate, Sancho had just turned 17 when he decided he wasn't going to join up with the senior squad for preseason, that was 2 years ago.

I'm not defending his policy with youth players but Sancho is not a stick to beat him with, he was being offered very good terms and promoted to the first team squad at 17.

Didn't Sancho leave in the summer of 2018 and went in the first team of Dortmund that season also?
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Mase » Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:15 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Mase wrote:
Mase wrote:

Whoscored is where I got mine from. Just had a look on a few website and they all have different stats :lol: Pep's mindgames.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:16 pm

Mase wrote:
Mase wrote:

49 and 17 starts

https://www.statcity.co.uk/Players/1032/Phil-Foden
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby nottsblue » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:04 pm

salford city wrote:
stupot wrote:Sancho is a prick as you say doing exactly the same there.

Agree we don't let good prospects go we may miss a late developer but a genuine talent going is not going to happen. Sancho undoubted talent but Billy big bollocks with a bad attitude

If I was a fan of a club looking to buy him for a fee approaching £100M I’d be very concerned about his perceived attitude. Been fined a few times at Dortmund for tardiness and missing team meetings. He appears to have an attitude issue, which if true would be a reason not to touch him with a barge pole. Certainly we as a football club prioritise the character of a player as much as his ability and we are by no means alone with this.

Foden on the other hand seems a decent character who has made all the right noises in public. As such I reckon he will get a run of games soon and it’s then up to him to make himself undroppable
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby PeterParker » Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:39 pm

Allegri would be better than Pooch.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Mase » Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:42 pm

It's clear he doesn't want to be here anymore. And if people like Sterling won't sign a new contract because they want Pep's commitment to the club he's got a fuckin weird way of showing he wants to play for Pep.

With Klopp he gets shit players playing for him. They'd die for that German nonce.

The players at the moment look like they could careless, and that comes from Pep looking like he's not arsed.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:47 pm

Mase wrote:It's clear he doesn't want to be here anymore. And if people like Sterling won't sign a new contract because they want Pep's commitment to the club he's got a fuckin weird way of showing he wants to play for Pep.

With Klopp he gets shit players playing for him. They'd die for that German nonce.

The players at the moment look like they could careless, and that comes from Pep looking like he's not arsed.

Mase - Baldie has the best squad in world football and wolves have just done the double on us after us being 2 nil up...disgraceful tactics by him at half time.

Hes not a fuckign genius at all..hes been taught a lesson by a few managers this season(Embarrassed by some of them ) and he just enforces opposing fans views that without the best players on the planet in his first squad hes as average as most managers out there.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby zabbadabbado » Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:10 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Mase wrote:It's clear he doesn't want to be here anymore. And if people like Sterling won't sign a new contract because they want Pep's commitment to the club he's got a fuckin weird way of showing he wants to play for Pep.

Mase - Baldie has the best squad in world football and wolves have just done the double on us after us being 2 nil up...disgraceful tactics by him at half time.

Hes not a fuckign genius at all..hes been taught a lesson by a few managers this season(Embarrassed by some of them ) and he just enforces opposing fans views that without the best players on the planet in his first squad hes as average as most managers out there.

I have never felt Pep was a World class manager.A good manager yes.

Hence why Bayern Munich were happy to let him go.

The true great managers do it consistently in Europe.Pep did it with the best Barcelona team in the last 50 years, that included Messi and has done nothing since.

His inability to be pragmatic, and flexible,coupled with his inflated Ego, and arrogance are the reasons.

We should have been European Champions last season.He,and he alone was the reason we were not lifting that Trophy.Season before in the Liverpool away leg of the Champions League it was ridiculous tactics by him that made it game over for the second leg.

His success story with us was built mostly on the foundation of others. Players he inherited like Vinny,David Silva,Fernandinho,Aguero are the cornerstone of his success story.His signings have not been that good.

I am eternally grateful for the success he has delivered us.But also mindful of the fact he dont really give a shit about us.

If our owners would rather hire Pochetinho or Alegri on a 5 year deal for the rebuilding job than retain Pep on Might Stay/Might go Circus every 6 month debate i will support them.

Pep is a good manager nothing more.

I am certain others with the right backing will continue our success story,and maybe add to it in Europe.

I dont see Pep ever winning the Champions League.........He would only ever go 5 at the back 2-0 up away at Wolves than do it in a Real Madrid/Barcelona Semi Final away leg.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby sheblue » Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:59 am

What's Gio V Bronkhorst at these days, can he not give pep a hand?
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Mase » Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:17 am

sheblue wrote:What's Gio V Bronkhorst at these days, can he not give pep a hand?

The club has employed him to wonder round the training ground aimlessly.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby sheblue » Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:49 am

Mase wrote:
sheblue wrote:What's Gio V Bronkhorst at these days, can he not give pep a hand?

The club has employed him to wonder round the training ground aimlessly.

It's all been very quiet since he arrived. Thought he was off to New York, dont follow MLS though. Can he not step into arteta shoes and coach? He is supposed to be a good coach..
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby BrianF » Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:31 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

I have never felt Pep was a World class manager.A good manager yes.

Hence why Bayern Munich were happy to let him go.

The true great managers do it consistently in Europe.Pep did it with the best Barcelona team in the last 50 years, that included Messi and has done nothing since.

His inability to be pragmatic, and flexible,coupled with his inflated Ego, and arrogance are the reasons.

We should have been European Champions last season.He,and he alone was the reason we were not lifting that Trophy.Season before in the Liverpool away leg of the Champions League it was ridiculous tactics by him that made it game over for the second leg.

His success story with us was built mostly on the foundation of others. Players he inherited like Vinny,David Silva,Fernandinho,Aguero are the cornerstone of his success story.His signings have not been that good.

I am eternally grateful for the success he has delivered us.But also mindful of the fact he dont really give a shit about us.

If our owners would rather hire Pochetinho or Alegri on a 5 year deal for the rebuilding job than retain Pep on Might Stay/Might go Circus every 6 month debate i will support them.

Pep is a good manager nothing more.

I am certain others with the right backing will continue our success story,and maybe add to it in Europe.

I dont see Pep ever winning the Champions League.........He would only ever go 5 at the back 2-0 up away at Wolves than do it in a Real Madrid/Barcelona Semi Final away leg.

I have to agree with you on this. It does look as though he is a one trick pony, prove me wrong Pep and I will gladly hold my hand up.
BrianF
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum