The Guardiola Paradox

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Guardiola Paradox

Postby BrianF » Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:31 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Mase wrote:It's clear he doesn't want to be here anymore. And if people like Sterling won't sign a new contract because they want Pep's commitment to the club he's got a fuckin weird way of showing he wants to play for Pep.

With Klopp he gets shit players playing for him. They'd die for that German nonce.

The players at the moment look like they could careless, and that comes from Pep looking like he's not arsed.

Mase - Baldie has the best squad in world football and wolves have just done the double on us after us being 2 nil up...disgraceful tactics by him at half time.

Hes not a fuckign genius at all..hes been taught a lesson by a few managers this season(Embarrassed by some of them ) and he just enforces opposing fans views that without the best players on the planet in his first squad hes as average as most managers out there.

I have never felt Pep was a World class manager.A good manager yes.

Hence why Bayern Munich were happy to let him go.

The true great managers do it consistently in Europe.Pep did it with the best Barcelona team in the last 50 years, that included Messi and has done nothing since.

His inability to be pragmatic, and flexible,coupled with his inflated Ego, and arrogance are the reasons.

We should have been European Champions last season.He,and he alone was the reason we were not lifting that Trophy.Season before in the Liverpool away leg of the Champions League it was ridiculous tactics by him that made it game over for the second leg.

His success story with us was built mostly on the foundation of others. Players he inherited like Vinny,David Silva,Fernandinho,Aguero are the cornerstone of his success story.His signings have not been that good.

I am eternally grateful for the success he has delivered us.But also mindful of the fact he dont really give a shit about us.

If our owners would rather hire Pochetinho or Alegri on a 5 year deal for the rebuilding job than retain Pep on Might Stay/Might go Circus every 6 month debate i will support them.

Pep is a good manager nothing more.

I am certain others with the right backing will continue our success story,and maybe add to it in Europe.

I dont see Pep ever winning the Champions League.........He would only ever go 5 at the back 2-0 up away at Wolves than do it in a Real Madrid/Barcelona Semi Final away leg.

I have to agree with you on this. It does look as though he is a one trick pony, prove me wrong Pep and I will gladly hold my hand up.
BrianF
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby zuricity » Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:54 pm

If winning all domestic trophies is the mark of a one trick pony, i'm all for it .

There are a lot of petulant reactions to the way the season has gone so far.

When i see the way referees consistently miss or ignore events , like the penalty last night ( immediately signalled for a goal kick) , then it doesn't matter what Pep does or does not do.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Mase » Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:07 pm

zuricity wrote:If winning all domestic trophies is the mark of a one trick pony, i'm all for it .

When i see the way referees consistently miss or ignore events , like the penalty last night ( immediately signalled for a goal kick) , then it doesn't matter what Pep does or does not do.

Name a match in his three and a half seasons where he's been outclassed tactically and he's changed it so we've ended up winning. A handful? That's what people mean by one trick pony. There's no plan B and he openly admits it because his hero said there's no point in having a plan B.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby salford city » Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:10 pm

zuricity wrote:If winning all domestic trophies is the mark of a one trick pony, i'm all for it .

There is no denying he is a one trick pony. We play one way & I've said similar in the match thread. The big issue since we lost Laporte is his reluctance to admit he has compounded the issue by trying to turn a 34 year old DM into a CB & persisting with it
Classic cheque-book manager who has been found wanting by absolute novices & no-hopers this season when he has not had the talent available to him. We won absolutely everything domestically last season & Pep deserved all the credit that went along with that . By the same rules, he deserves his fair degree of blame for the way that this season is dismantling. I'll be in Madrid & he needs to sort his head & tactics out if we are to progress in the Chumps league as realistically, that is the only thing that can save this season
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Mase » Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:14 pm

salford city wrote:

There is no denying he is a one trick pony. We play one way & I've said similar in the match thread. The big issue since we lost Laporte is his reluctance to admit he has compounded the issue by trying to turn a 34 year old DM into a CB & persisting with it
Classic cheque-book manager who has been found wanting by absolute novices & no-hopers this season when he has not had the talent available to him. We won absolutely everything domestically last season & Pep deserved all the credit that went along with that . By the same rules, he deserves his fair degree of blame for the way that this season is dismantling. I'll be in Madrid & he needs to sort his head & tactics out if we are to progress in the Chumps league as realistically, that is the only thing that can save this season

I think that's it. We praise him when we're doing amazing, we sing his song to him at the matches. And when is good it's because of Pep. Well this season has been awful and a lot of it is down to Pep's tactics. He deserves to be criticised for it if we put all the glory on him when things are going well.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby salford city » Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:20 pm

I think that's it. We praise him when we're doing amazing, we sing his song to him at the matches. And when is good it's because of Pep. Well this season has been awful and a lot of it is down to Pep's tactics. He deserves to be criticised for it if we put all the glory on him when things are going well.[/quote]

He has been backed (mostly) to the hilt during his time with us & with the salary on top & the facilities & personnel at his disposal, to say he is under-performing is an understatement. It's going to be interesting to see whether he gets the money that he thinks he needs in the summer or whether the board has other plans.
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:21 pm

No plan B, sitting in and trying to play on the counter is typical Pep. Perhaps if he'd stuck with plan A we'd have fared better.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby PeterParker » Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:22 pm

I think his issue (beside having a plan B) is that he is a poor man manager, or looks like he is.
He does not know how to take the best out of his players. Example is the german Messi.

Very picky and moody, but with the right management he can be incredible, however, I don’t think Pepe helped him progress in anyway. Some might argue the Sterling case, but I think his progression is not a Pep achivement.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby PeterParker » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:30 pm

I am tired of him.
I really am.

Tooo many brainfarts in key moments.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:41 pm

Well done Bald cunt...managed to embarrass the CITY FAITHFUL for the second time this season.........if you think you are going to win against RM then your fuckign deluded.

Shit line up and continues to reward wank performers like Sterling with a continued start.

Get fucked !!
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby zuricity » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:45 pm

Off to Wembley again, secure another trophy. In the history books it wont say that Carl was pissed off .

That's really all that matters ... Carl gets another chance to buy me a couple of pints 8-) :lol:
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:51 pm

zuricity wrote:Off to Wembley again, secure another trophy. In the history books it wont say that Carl was pissed off .

That's really all that matters ... Carl gets another chance to buy me a couple of pints 8-) :lol:

Im in London next Monday for a conference...Ill be wearing a fuckign gas mask.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby zuricity » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:10 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
zuricity wrote:Off to Wembley again, secure another trophy. In the history books it wont say that Carl was pissed off .

Im in London next Monday for a conference...Ill be wearing a fuckign gas mask.

you need one there , Only City in the world where you have to wash your hair at least twice a day because of the shit in the air
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:20 pm

Get the fucker out. Can’t get us to a Cup Final 3 years on the trot, cheeky cunt!

Losing to the Rags is a disgrace, need a full changeover. De Bruyne used to be class before he got to us, he has regressed. Sterling, what a cunt. Fernandinho, where was he tonight, as well as Sané.

Oh, and Kompany’s a cunt for doing one. Fuck his statue, and that mini-me Silva can take his fucked brass legs to the Canaries scrapper as well.

Shit cunts.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:40 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Get the fucker out. Can’t get us to a Cup Final 3 years on the trot, cheeky cunt!

Losing to the Rags is a disgrace, need a full changeover. De Bruyne used to be class before he got to us, he has regressed. Sterling, what a cunt. Fernandinho, where was he tonight, as well as Sané.

Oh, and Kompany’s a cunt for doing one. Fuck his statue, and that mini-me Silva can take his fucked brass legs to the Canaries scrapper as well.

Shit cunts.

Your too obsessed with kissing PePs ring piece to see anything other than darkness when we play matches these days.

The scum beat us twice this season but we got to the final of the Carabo fuckign cup.......lets all do the conga Beefy !!
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:00 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Get the fucker out. Can’t get us to a Cup Final 3 years on the trot, cheeky cunt!

Shit cunts.

Your too obsessed with kissing PePs ring piece to see anything other than darkness when we play matches these days.

The scum beat us twice this season but we got to the final of the Carabo fuckign cup.......lets all do the conga Beefy !!

Ooohhh, nasty. And it starts.

I’ll defend any manager, or player for that instance, as long as they’re giving 100%. You obviously think they aren’t and have a certain way of displaying it.

Pep, he’s a strange bloke but as long as he wants to win, I’ll support him, and why not. His record speaks for itself and, to be fair, being the best modern day manager gives him a little sway. Don’t you think?

We differ in our opinions. You want to hate, I want to love, it’s probably just a location thing. Either that or you’re just a gimp who needs some attention. That’s what Pep told me, anyway.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:08 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Shit cunts.

Ooohhh, nasty. And it starts.

I’ll defend any manager, or player for that instance, as long as they’re giving 100%. You obviously think they aren’t and have a certain way of displaying it.

Pep, he’s a strange bloke but as long as he wants to win, I’ll support him, and why not. His record speaks for itself and, to be fair, being the best modern day manager gives him a little sway. Don’t you think?

We differ in our opinions. You want to hate, I want to love, it’s probably just a location thing. Either that or you’re just a gimp who needs some attention. That’s what Pep told me, anyway.

The big difference between us is I say it how I see it whereas you turn a blind eye and focus purely on the media.

P.S I get plenty of attention and way too much on a Saturday night xxx
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Tokyo Blue » Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:17 am

You all say he has no plan B. Then he tries a plan B and you all fucking moan about it.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:49 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:You all say he has no plan B. Then he tries a plan B and you all fucking moan about it.

Playing sterling all the time when he’s fucking shit is not plan B mate .
Playing cancelo on the left is also not plan B , it doesn’t work and didn’t work .
Constantly changing the defense is not plan B either and lastly PeP himself has admitted to only knowing how to play one way .

Let’s be honest Tokyo B ,and it’s been said , when he has us playing well he gets all the plaudits like last season but this season some average to shit managers have made him look a cunt and have beaten him with tactical nous and fans like me give him a slagging off that some head in the sand fans cannot take.

I’ll say it again , Losing to that trash at home Twice is mor than embarrassing and if he continues fucking around we will see our arse against RM.

I’ve just seen this - He is saying what lots of us are saying mate

He was overthinking things': Micah Richards claims Manchester United worked Pep Guardiola's bizarre tactics out in Carabao Cup semi-final after '15 minutes' and questions why City boss did not use players in proper position

RE David Silva’s brain fart - can you imagine the fallout in here from some blinkered fans if Foden had done what DS did !!!! They would be clambering for him to be dropped till he developed a better football brain !!
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:26 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:You all say he has no plan B. Then he tries a plan B and you all fucking moan about it.

That's not what he means when he openly says he's has no plan B. During matches he sticks to the plan he had at the start of the game. And that was shown last night but him taking so long to make a sub.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum