pep out

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: pep out

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:54 pm

What's your fascination with emotions?

I'm laughing at the absurdity of this thread and some of the comments in it.

It's as if the last couple of seasons never happened.

Becoming what we despised for so long, entitled cunts.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Mase » Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:02 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:What's your fascination with emotions?

Entitled because we're saying "if Pep wants out, then let him go".

You're not even engaging in debate. You're just seeing a comment you don't like and responding with - hehehehehehe let's get Alan Ball back.

It's like someone is attacking you personally.
Last edited by Mase on Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Mase » Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:05 pm

And yes, we are entitled to beat fuckin Wolves! At least once this season.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:26 pm

Mase wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:What's your fascination with emotions?

Entitled because we're saying "if Pep wants out, then let him go".

You're not even engaging in debate. You're just seeing a comment you don't like and responding with - hehehehehehe let's get Alan Ball back.

It's like someone is attacking you personally.

If it was rational I'd debate it.

I'll put it like this, we forgive our star players bad days because of the good they've done previously, can we not extend the same good will to our most successful manager?

Like I've said a million times, criticism is fine, I welcome it, I like to discuss it but this, this is just nonsense.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:27 pm

Mase wrote:And yes, we are entitled to beat fuckin Wolves! At least once this season.

And we probably would've done but for individual errors.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Mase » Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:32 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Mase wrote:And yes, we are entitled to beat fuckin Wolves! At least once this season.

So Pep's tactics and subs didn't invite constant pressure on us?

What you're saying is it's all the players fault. So by that, last season it was all the players as well? Pep wasn't anything to do with the success.
Last edited by Mase on Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:32 pm

Manager has made just as many errors...if not more this season.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:41 pm

Mase wrote:

So Pep's tactics and subs didn't invite constant pressure on us?

What you're saying is it's all the players fault. So by that, last season it was all the players as well? Pep wasn't anything to do with the success.

That's not what I said at all but if that makes you happy.

I did find some of his decisions questionable but then playing with a man less for 80 minutes away from home is quite difficult.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:45 pm

Away from the interviews he does for the media , Foden must think PePs a right fuckign cunt..I know Id think he was a cunt if he kept making excuses to not play me.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:46 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Manager has made just as many errors...if not more this season.

Probably but hasn't been helped by injuries to key players, drop off in form of certain individuals etc.

I do, for example, question his persistence with Fernandinho at centre back but at the same time see the logic as both Stones and Laporte need babysitting.

I do question why Cancelo and not a Kompany replacement but then I'm enjoying seeing bits from Garcia that wouldn't have happened had we spent big on another centre back.

I'll happily debate any issue, any criticism but at the very least Pep deserves some respect for the wonderful football he's treated us to for the last couple of seasons.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Outcast » Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:48 pm

It's not ridiculous to ask questions, I'm a big Pep fan but have to look at the facts and the club comes first;

_ we've lost five games; Wolves (twice), Manure, Norwich and vermins
_ for so called one of the best team in the world this not acceptable losing to four weak teams whether it's down to injuries or refereeing, we should be more than good enough without Sane and Laporte to beat them or at least draw.
_ its a fact Pep hasn't extended his contract and this could be determital to the players mindset, to be successful you need stability otherwise players become somewhat disinterested
_ failing to play youth when clearly some of the first teamers haven't been good enough is quite disheartening to say the least, what's the point investing 200m on the youth academy?

I'm not questioning Peps ability and achievenent, just whether he wants to stay and rebuild or just going through the motions until end of the season. These are fair questions, if he wants to go, then that's his choice and I'll forever appreciate what he's done for us. Things need to be in place if he decides to leave, you got to have a contingency plan otherwise we'll end up like the rags and arse holes with no direction.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mase » Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:59 pm

Outcast wrote:It's not ridiculous to ask questions, I'm a big Pep fan but have to look at the facts and the club comes first;

_ for so called one of the best team in the world this not acceptable losing to four weak teams whether it's down to injuries or refereeing, we should be more than good enough without Sane and Laporte to beat them or at least draw.
_ its a fact Pep hasn't extended his contract and this could be determital to the players mindset, to be successful you need stability otherwise players become somewhat disinterested
_ failing to play youth when clearly some of the first teamers haven't been good enough is quite disheartening to say the least, what's the point investing 200m on the youth academy?

I'm not questioning Peps ability and achievenent, just whether he wants to stay and rebuild or just going through the motions until end of the season. These are fair questions, if he wants to go, then that's his choice and I'll forever appreciate what he's done for us. Things need to be in place if he decides to leave, you got to have a contingency plan otherwise we'll end up like the rags and arse holes with no direction.

Sensible post.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:59 pm

Outcast wrote:It's not ridiculous to ask questions, I'm a big Pep fan but have to look at the facts and the club comes first;

All perfectly reasonable and rational.

Calling for his head, claiming he's lost the dressing room and calling him allsorts because we're not performing this season as well as we should be, irrational imo.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:08 pm

All perfectly reasonable and rational.

Calling for his head, claiming he's lost the dressing room and calling him allsorts because we're not performing this season as well as we should be, irrational imo.

No one was calling for his head , what was said was 'IF' he isn't happy then he should fuck off as hes doing no one a favor by staying and persisting with his Bizarre tactics.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Tim777 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:08 pm

You are missing the whole point of what is being discussed, ForeverUpPepsArse
(formerly known as ForeverUpJoesArse).

Despite the glaring issues since the start of the season, like the media love-in for the dippers, VAR, injuries, etc., there is an increasingly obvious sense of indifference on Pep's part. This is being highlighted and questioned.

Yes, you are being emotional and cannot see beyond the "pep out" rhetoric.
Nobody on here at this point just wants to see the back of him, we want him to fix what has gone wrong. And if he has no desire any longer to do so, then he needs to make the decision for the club's sake where he wants to be and not hold us, the fans, in a constant state of confusion and frustration.

You, and some others on here, need to realise that this is a Football Forum, not a Girl Scout Cookie Convention, and we will call out whatever is amiss, from the hierachy to the tea lady.

Manchester City is a club, and absolutely nobody is above being criticised.

Stop being loyal to any one individual and cultivate a mindset of being loyal to the club as a whole, as it always should be.
Tim777
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:10 pm

Tim777 wrote:You are missing the whole point of what is being discussed, ForeverUpPepsArse

Despite the glaring issues since the start of the season, like the media love-in for the dippers, VAR, injuries, etc., there is an increasingly obvious sense of indifference on Pep's part. This is being highlighted and questioned.

Nobody on here at this point just wants to see the back of him, we want him to fix what has gone wrong. And if he has no desire any longer to do so, then he needs to make the decision for the club's sake where he wants to be and not hold us, the fans, in a constant state of confusion and frustration.

You, and some others on here, need to realise that this is a Football Forum, not a Girl Scout Cookie Convention, and we will call out whatever is amiss, from the hierachy to the tea lady.

Stop being loyal to any one individual and cultivate a mindset of being loyal to the club as a whole, as it always should be.

Calling them out is fine, calling for their head isn't.

It's you that's missing the point.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby sheblue » Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:12 pm

I dont want him sacked. But I cant understand why he, an intelligent man, is making such basic glaringly obvious errors and making them very often. You would have to wonder is there an alterior motive here? Is this deliberate? I dont know.
Does he not fancy it anymore, it's he burnt out again?
Maybe he is just having a bad spell and will bounce back next season, with the aid of badly needed fresh blood.
After 5 trophies in 2 seasons, he deserves the opportunity to turn it around. If he really wants to that is.
Were not going to win fuck all this season. Onward to freshing the squad and onward to next season. This one cant be over soon enough.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:13 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
PrezIke wrote:Some utterly ridiculous, beyond speculative, hyperbolic, and sensational words written down in this thread.

Wow

And also some home truths

some on here can’t handle the truth

the club is going to pot but they are still happily clapping along

window licking mongs

The club is going to pot? Bwahahahahaha

Where's Franny Lee with a takeover bid when you need him?

massively out of touch with its core fan base many of whom are starting to pack it or at least question going anymore... i’d say that is the foundation for things going badly wrong...
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:15 pm

Tim777 wrote:You are missing the whole point of what is being discussed, ForeverUpPepsArse

Bravo

Well said
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Tim777 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:15 pm

Calling them out is fine, calling for their head isn't.

It's you that's missing the point.

Re-read my third paragraph.
I cannot explain it further in microscopic detail to you.
Tim777
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Manchester City

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum