cancelo!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

cancelo!

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:01 pm

what a signing!
mendy, mehrez, stones, mangala and cancelo - a quarter of a billion of shite!
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Re: cancelo!

Postby ayrshireblue » Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:13 am

I've certainly not seen enough of Cancelo to call him shite but he certainly deserves a run in the team before Walker.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby sheblue » Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:36 am

Can he play at left back?
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby PeterParker » Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:19 am

Why did we sign him?

What was the point of paying what, 40 mil + Danilo and let him die on the bench? Did we really needed him?
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Mase » Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:21 am

It's clear Pep didn't want him. The club probably made the signing and pep is now doing what Pep does.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Dubciteh » Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:21 am

PeterParker wrote:Why did we sign him?

What was the point of paying what, 40 mil + Danilo and let him die on the bench? Did we really needed him?

Through no fault of his own hes been one of our worse signings. Who pays all that money for a back up right back? Cant get anywhere near the portugal team or our team and someone valued him at 60m. Danilo was perfectly fine, we should have put that money into a centre half. Fern would have been a fine back up right back then back up centre back if danilo wanted out.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby PeterParker » Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:08 am

Dubciteh wrote:
PeterParker wrote:Why did we sign him?

Through no fault of his own hes been one of our worse signings. Who pays all that money for a back up right back? Cant get anywhere near the portugal team or our team and someone valued him at 60m. Danilo was perfectly fine, we should have put that money into a centre half. Fern would have been a fine back up right back then back up centre back if danilo wanted out.

I don't think Danilo wanted out.
The problem is that the news look like Cancelo moans that he is not playing.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Dubciteh » Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:08 pm

Im watching celtic here. Right back is called frimpong...knew that name rang a bell. First choice for celtic now in a potential title decider against rangers. Googled him and he was with our youth team up until September and now i remember him. Never even made the bench for us and he looks quite tastey here. Surely he could have played the cancelo role this season and saved us 50m??
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby zabbadabbado » Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:32 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:what a signing!
mendy, mehrez, stones, mangala and cancelo - a quarter of a billion of shite!

I am glad big Clubs get some protection these days.

Back In Swales era those signing would have been enough to send us in to the conference :lol: :lol: :lol:
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby ayrshireblue » Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:44 pm

Dubciteh wrote:Im watching celtic here. Right back is called frimpong...knew that name rang a bell. First choice for celtic now in a potential title decider against rangers. Googled him and he was with our youth team up until September and now i remember him. Never even made the bench for us and he looks quite tastey here. Surely he could have played the cancelo role this season and saved us 50m??

Or got rid of Walker and let Cancelo play. Or Frimpong. Just not Walker. He only escapes press criticism because he's English.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby zabbadabbado » Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:45 pm

I dont understand the logic behind nearly all our signings.

Mahrez we didn't need at the time.And i still think he is a greedy,selfish player,not a team player.

No idea what the logic has bee behind the fullback signings that were not cheap either.

Meanwhile we have been screaming out for midfielders for the aging David Silva,and Fernandinho.He obviously dont see Foden as the player to step up,hence why he is making a point of under using the lad.

Noddy over at the Swamp is blooding Kids nearly every week these days.One or two of them llike Greenwood look half decent.

Would love to see more of our Academy prospects being blooded each week.Instead of going out spending quarter of a Billion on Bench warmers.

Sure it is not my money so why give a fuck.

I only give a fuck because thee players take up squad places and stop natural progression from the Academy.I am sure we have better players than some of these we sign,We persist with fernandinho as centre half whilst Garcia is waiting in the wings,why ?
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:07 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:I dont understand the logic behind nearly all our signings.

Mahrez we didn't need at the time.And i still think he is a greedy,selfish player,not a team player.

No idea what the logic has bee behind the fullback signings that were not cheap either.

Meanwhile we have been screaming out for midfielders for the aging David Silva,and Fernandinho.He obviously dont see Foden as the player to step up,hence why he is making a point of under using the lad.

Noddy over at the Swamp is blooding Kids nearly every week these days.One or two of them llike Greenwood look half decent.

Would love to see more of our Academy prospects being blooded each week.Instead of going out spending quarter of a Billion on Bench warmers.

Sure it is not my money so why give a fuck.

I only give a fuck because thee players take up squad places and stop natural progression from the Academy.I am sure we have better players than some of these we sign,We persist with fernandinho as centre half whilst Garcia is waiting in the wings,why ?

I was seriously hoping for a transfer ban to force Baldie to play some of our youth even if that meant us winning nothing for a season.The irony is , we will probably end this season with nothing playing 99% of games with our senior players .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Dubciteh » Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:27 pm

Chelsea have just blooded their second youth right back of the season.

You could be right about a ban Carl, might of done us some good.
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby nottsblue » Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:33 pm

Dubciteh wrote:Im watching celtic here. Right back is called frimpong...knew that name rang a bell. First choice for celtic now in a potential title decider against rangers. Googled him and he was with our youth team up until September and now i remember him. Never even made the bench for us and he looks quite tastey here. Surely he could have played the cancelo role this season and saved us 50m??

I’ve banged this drum for years. Spend the big money on superstars and have the squad players from the academy.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:34 pm

Dubciteh wrote:Chelsea have just blooded their second youth right back of the season.

You could be right about a ban Carl, might of done us some good.

Can you ever picture Baldie playing Foden in our Derby games ?

Change Derby game to just about any game .

Still makes makes my piss boil the way he overlooks him for his little favorites , regardless of form .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Return to The Maine Football forum