*** City vs Blades *** Official match thread

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: *** City vs Blades *** Official match thread

Postby Slim » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:50 pm

Bravo, omfg you are stealing a living.

How we get a clean sheet and the worst player on the pitch is the keeper is beyond me.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PrezIke » Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:05 am

Hilarious seeing all of the arguments that our 1st goal shouldn't have stood and was "ridiculous".

The Sheffield United player touched the ball, not the ref. Not sure why that's "ridiculous"

Compare that to VAR's claim of a "handball" on Laporte early in the season that "led" to Jesus scoring and was taken back against Spurs was wrong as well, or no VAR needed to take away Sane's goal against Liverpool in CL or VAR then to take Raz' away against Spurs in CL as well.

Which is more "ridiculous" again?

Also read the ref "obstructed" the goal...what?

Obstruction? The ref? The ref can't "obstruct" anything as far as I understand. That can only be an opponent. The ref tried to get out of the way and he did as he didn't hit the ball. The ref is part of the pitch otherwise. It's annoying, I know and somewhat unfortunate, but hardly a devine tragedy compared to other decisions I see every week.

The ball hit the Sheff United player's boot and then bounced away to City as the player reached for it. If the ball hit the ref then you have an argument. Otherwise I'm a bit lost.

I realise if the ball hit the ref then the goal would have been taken away, but it didn't as he tried and did move out of the way. So, he should just stand there and allow the ball to hit him? He made a genuine effort to move. It's just bad luck.
Last edited by PrezIke on Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:09 am, edited 8 times in total.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:06 am

patrickblue wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
stevefromdonny wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:grateful for any watery guidance

look up

I did (and down) but found no inspiration - no PMs either. Everbody else seemed happy tho' so that's OK..
Thanks chaps.

JC, I can only offer "links" for android devices, and I think that goes for stevefromdonny too, a firestick is a form of Android too, meaning we cannot offer a web/url link.

If you are willing to invest £40 ish in an android TV box, I will happily give you info on how to get ALL our games regardless of time/date for free.

Talking of which, every link I got working on Rising Tides had the red scouse game on despite saying they were City/SU. As soon as that finished they put the City game on.

Lads look up releasesky.com. Thank me later
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:37 am

Interesting that all of a sudden we need to change another rule that was never there last year, just to suit the Rag narrative.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby PrezIke » Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:44 am

I think it has to be said, again, that Mahrez-KDB is becoming a real partnership, and it's not surprising that Pep has been playing both together more frequently.

Don't forget, Mahrez was a HUGE waste of money, in case you did.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby stevefromdonny » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:20 am

johnny crossan wrote:
stevefromdonny wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:grateful for any watery guidance

look up

I did (and down) but found no inspiration - no PMs either. Everbody else seemed happy tho' so that's OK..
Thanks chaps.

I did give u a couple, nbc gold and eleven sports 2
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

Postby Mase » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:35 am

PrezIke wrote:I think it has to be said, again, that Mahrez-KDB is becoming a real partnership, and it's not surprising that Pep has been playing both together more frequently.

No disrespect to Mahrez (I'll probably get accused of hating him) but I think KDB could make me look half decent. We saw against Arsenal how he linked up with Foden. They were brilliant.

Mahrez has been decent when he's played. I'll give him that.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:57 am

Mase wrote:
PrezIke wrote:I think it has to be said, again, that Mahrez-KDB is becoming a real partnership, and it's not surprising that Pep has been playing both together more frequently.

No disrespect to Mahrez (I'll probably get accused of hating him) but I think KDB could make me look half decent. We saw against Arsenal how he linked up with Foden. They were brilliant.

Foden’s style suits KDB - we might see it again if everyone else in Foden’s position gets injured
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Outcast » Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:55 pm

How did Garcia get on, any good?
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby patrickblue » Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:35 pm

Outcast wrote:How did Garcia get on, any good?

Thought he had a decent game, nothing groundbreaking, but confident and assured.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:43 pm

patrickblue wrote:

Thought he had a decent game, nothing groundbreaking, but confident and assured.

don’t think you can question his footballing ability but does he have the stature and pace to play regularly at cb in a top team? mousset left him for dead on one occasion yesterday... is he (mousset) known for his pace, don’t honestly know much about him...
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby zuricity » Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:45 pm

stupot wrote:Zuricity said " Mahrez is still crap", Mase " yeah I agree" but nobody criticizes him and I've got an obsession That's only from the last few posts incidentally.

and my opinion hasn't changed today either . this guy has difficulty getting past players ans is constantly passing back.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby patrickblue » Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:51 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
patrickblue wrote:

don’t think you can question his footballing ability but does he have the stature and pace to play regularly at cb in a top team? mousset left him for dead on one occasion yesterday... is he (mousset) known for his pace, don’t honestly know much about him...

Garcia's always going to struggle against pace, but then so did Vinny.

Hopefully he'll deal with it like Vinny did, with anticipation and positioning.

I'm like you with Mousset, don't know a lot about him.
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby patrickblue » Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:59 pm

zuricity wrote:
stupot wrote:Zuricity said " Mahrez is still crap", Mase " yeah I agree" but nobody criticizes him and I've got an obsession That's only from the last few posts incidentally.

and my opinion hasn't changed today either . this guy has difficulty getting past players ans is constantly passing back.

That's a lot to do with the way the team plays though, when an avenue of attack is blocked it gets knocked back to start again.
Mahrez didn't start like that with us, it was all about going forward, and he was awful until he stated playing the team game.
Now he causes mayhem inside the oppo box on occasions.
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:00 pm

patrickblue wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
patrickblue wrote:

I think the CB needs a strong and confident team along side him - what we currently have isn’t good enough IMO or rather what we have are not playing good enough to give any decent CB the confidence they need to perform really well - it’s all individualistic play at the back IMO.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby patrickblue » Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:11 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
patrickblue wrote:

I think the CB needs a strong and confident team along side him - what we currently have isn’t good enough IMO or rather what we have are not playing good enough to give any decent CB the confidence they need to perform really well - it’s all individualistic play at the back IMO.

True enough, our defence, given the level they are playing against can only be described as a shambles.
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby PrezIke » Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:45 pm

Mase wrote:

Hear you on that, but I've noticed KDB has been more effective with Mahrez rather than Bernardo on the right.

Also better when paired with Foden who's pace and movement has created more space for him to operate this season than Gundo and maybe even so with Merlin.

Mahrez also created KDB's goal yesterday with a great run and good pass that KDB made the most out of with a great dummy that fooled the keeper.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Mase » Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:47 pm

PrezIke wrote:
Mase wrote:

Hear you on that, but I've noticed KDB has been more effective with Mahrez rather than Bernardo on the right.

Also better when paired with Foden who's pace and movement has created more space for him to operate this season than Gundo and maybe even so with Merlin.

Mahrez also created KDB's goal yesterday with a great run and good pass that KDB made the most out of with a great dummy that fooled the keeper.

Mahrez has been good.
I will point out that there's been a number of occasions though where Kev has been screaming at Mahrez because he's either been too greedy or chosen the wrong option.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:00 pm

Mase wrote:
PrezIke wrote:
Mase wrote:

Mahrez has been good.
I will point out that there's been a number of occasions though where Kev has been screaming at Mahrez because he's either been too greedy or chosen the wrong option.

He has no right to be as greedy as he has been, given he has star players all around him - he has to remember he’s playing for city and not Leicester fucking City (who allowed him to be as greedy as he wanted in that little fish bowl )
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby City64 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:28 pm

I stayed away from the game yesterday for the sake of my mental health , watching bravo in net live should come with a health warning !
Mahrez had another good game and worked hard for the team and KDB outstanding but Garcia stood out for me . Tireless effort from the young man BUT I cant see him starting against a PL team just yet that has ariel attacking presence . Great 3 points , feeling a bit better about things already .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum