City v Port Vale match thread

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: City v Port Vale match thread

Postby Crossie » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:45 pm

Any England manager would get Foden capped and involved in every squad. What’s that now? 52 first team appearances? How many do Mount, Hudson-Odoi and Abraham have, put together?

Hudson-O 25 Chelsea = 3 England caps
Mount - 21 Chelsea = 6 England caps
Abraham - 22 Chelsea = 4 England caps
Maddison - 56 Leicester = 1 England cap

So Southgate can suck our collective cock. It’s not like Phil has Sancho’s poor attitude and lateness issues is it? Phil comes across as 100% genuine and puts in 100%, every painful miss and joyful goal can be seen in his face. So his attitude can’t be holding him back.

Even if he was half as good, who is keeping him out of the England team????

Sancho - 61 Dortmund = 11 England
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Mase » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:49 pm

My dad was saying Foden and Doyle had an interview where they were asked "Score the winner in the Champions League or winner against United". Foden chose Chumps League and Doyle United. Love the kid already.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby salford city » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:52 pm

Once Foden plays regularly for us in the prem, he will walk into and eventually run and captain the England team. He's not being picked as he has not started enough league games. His time will come I wouldn't want him in a midfield that had fucking Henderson and the like....
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby salford city » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:55 pm

Mase wrote:My dad was saying Foden and Doyle had an interview where they were asked "Score the winner in the Champions League or winner against United". Foden chose Chumps League and Doyle United. Love the kid already.

Still early days with Doyle but he does seem well grounded not unlike Foden. Doesn't try anything fancy and keeps it simple in the games that I have seen him play for the first team. You mentioned it earlier and I agree, he looks like he would run 5hrough a wall for City. May see the pair of them together for years to come
salford city

Postby Mase » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:09 pm

salford city wrote:
Mase wrote:My dad was saying Foden and Doyle had an interview where they were asked "Score the winner in the Champions League or winner against United". Foden chose Chumps League and Doyle United. Love the kid already.

Still early days with Doyle but he does seem well grounded not unlike Foden. Doesn't try anything fancy and keeps it simple in the games that I have seen him play for the first team. You mentioned it earlier and I agree, he looks like he would run 5hrough a wall for City. May see the pair of them together for years to come

I'd love to see it.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:13 pm

Reckon Doyle probably added, “and relegate the rag fuckers”
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:25 pm

Crossie wrote:Any England manager would get Foden capped and involved in every squad. What’s that now? 52 first team appearances? How many do Mount, Hudson-Odoi and Abraham have, put together?

Hudson-O 25 Chelsea = 3 England caps
Mount - 21 Chelsea = 6 England caps
Abraham - 22 Chelsea = 4 England caps
Maddison - 56 Leicester = 1 England cap

So Southgate can suck our collective cock. It’s not like Phil has Sancho’s poor attitude and lateness issues is it? Phil comes across as 100% genuine and puts in 100%, every painful miss and joyful goal can be seen in his face. So his attitude can’t be holding him back.

Even if he was half as good, who is keeping him out of the England team????

Sancho - 61 Dortmund = 11 England

My thoughts are that the FA want to call him up but Pep has an agreement with Southgate to give him time.

The media have tried to put pressure on and they usually win.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby CTID Hants » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:45 pm

Just seen this from Pep..

Pep Guardiola:

"When Taylor has played this season or in training, with us, he's played really well. He's playing at a good level, Eric and Taylor are young but are playing more.

"It's important to have two local players, Tommy Doyle played a month ago in the Carabao Cup and played here. It's because we believe they can do it, we don't give presents at this level. They have the quality to help us."

#MCFC | #ManCity
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:49 pm

CTID Hants wrote:Just seen this from Pep..

Pep Guardiola:

"When Taylor has played this season or in training, with us, he's played really well. He's playing at a good level, Eric and Taylor are young but are playing more.

"It's important to have two local players, Tommy Doyle played a month ago in the Carabao Cup and played here. It's because we believe they can do it, we don't give presents at this level. They have the quality to help us."

#MCFC | #ManCity

Great quote. Not like an England cap trying to sell tickets/shirts, you have to work hard and be above the rest to make it at City.

After all these years I’d never have thought I’d say that.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby salford city » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:55 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

Pep Guardiola:

#MCFC | #ManCity

Great quote. Not like an England cap trying to sell tickets/shirts, you have to work hard and be above the rest to make it at City.

Fair do's add Garcia in with the england youngsters and that's five with Foden. I'm guessing Garcia missed out today as he will play Tuesday. Hopefully, Foden starts with KDB Tuesday after gundo and baby Silva had run-outs today
salford city

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:03 pm

salford city wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Pep Guardiola:

#MCFC | #ManCity

Fair do's add Garcia in with the england youngsters and that's five with Foden. I'm guessing Garcia missed out today as he will play Tuesday. Hopefully, Foden starts with KDB Tuesday after gundo and baby Silva had run-outs today

And at the right time.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby City64 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:07 pm

We should be almost full strength v the rags Tuesday , don't count out Laporte starting ! Pep did the same with Vinny in big games , straight back in no fucking about !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:09 pm

City64 wrote:We should be almost full strength v the rags Tuesday , don't count out Laporte starting ! Pep did the same with Vinny in big games , straight back in no fucking about !

Would love it.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby salford city » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:12 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
City64 wrote:We should be almost full strength v the rags Tuesday , don't count out Laporte starting ! Pep did the same with Vinny in big games , straight back in no fucking about !

Would love it.

Let's have him back for the second leg after a couple of run outs. We are going to need him in Madrid
salford city

Postby Dubciteh » Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:01 pm

salford city wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Pep Guardiola:

#MCFC | #ManCity

Add in Muric(or any of the youth team keepers) to replace Bravo and thats a solid youth system. Someone mentioned it the other day, use the youth to pad the squad out and spend our cash on abs superstars and that’s 100 percent what we should be doing.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby bigblue » Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:12 pm

tom pope seems like a massive tit
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Mase » Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:14 pm

bigblue wrote:tom pope seems like a massive tit

He's scored 3 goals all season apparently. He's having his 15 minutes of "fame".

Lets hope he makes a bit of money and can get his teeth sorted. They are yellower than the kit he was wearing.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:26 pm

Mase wrote:
bigblue wrote:tom pope seems like a massive tit

He's scored 3 goals all season apparently. He's having his 15 minutes of "fame".

Lets hope he makes a bit of money and can get his teeth sorted. They are yellower than the kit he was wearing.

I watched Football Focus where he came across as really negative. Getting a goal against the best team ever known must’ve been massive for him.

Anybody notice how their players wanted to touch ours, how wired must that be? But understandable in the same respect.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby salford city » Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:00 pm

Add in Muric(or any of the youth team keepers) to replace Bravo and thats a solid youth system. Someone mentioned it the other day, use the youth to pad the squad out and spend our cash on abs superstars and that’s 100 percent what we should be doing.[/quote]

Agree with this. we should save a bit with Foden and hopefully, Garcia which should help us spend the money elsewhere in the summer
salford city

Postby Mase » Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:16 am

Just watched the highlights and Ange's run for the last goal was class. And his ball in to the box.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum