raheem sterling | wtf is up with him?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: raheem sterling | wtf is up with him?

Postby Tru_Blu » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:08 pm

Peps need to keep changing the damn team is the problem with the front six. Just play your strongest team like Klopp, but no gotta force the changes. Management overthinking has cost us
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare."

Piers Morgan

Tru_Blu
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: oat-Rivaldo cur-KDB

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:12 pm

Tru_Blu wrote:Peps need to keep changing the damn team is the problem with the front six. Just play your strongest team like Klopp, but no gotta force the changes. Management overthinking has cost us

Klopp’s management of his team has pissed all over Pep’s this season - in every department .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Tru_Blu » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:26 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Tru_Blu wrote:Peps need to keep changing the damn team is the problem with the front six. Just play your strongest team like Klopp, but no gotta force the changes. Management overthinking has cost us

Klopp’s management of his team has pissed all over Pep’s this season - in every department .

agreed
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare."

Piers Morgan

Tru_Blu
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: oat-Rivaldo cur-KDB

Postby nottsblue » Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:06 pm

Wouldn’t sell him in January.

But he has the second half of the season to show the desire and hunger that was evident last season. He himself will know he has fallen short these last few months and it’s up to him to get himself in a place where he recovers his mojo. Or his place must come under threat.

You always have to think when selling a player, can we source a replacement as good or with bags of potential, otherwise there’s no point. If he recovers his mojo I think we will struggle to find a replacement that’s as good as 2018/19 and the first 2/3 months of 19/20. But if his form stays largely the same as the last 3 months a better replacement will be out there
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:49 pm

He’s fucked, in a fatigued way.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:50 pm

nottsblue wrote:Wouldn’t sell him in January.

But he has the second half of the season to show the desire and hunger that was evident last season. He himself will know he has fallen short these last few months and it’s up to him to get himself in a place where he recovers his mojo. Or his place must come under threat.

You always have to think when selling a player, can we source a replacement as good or with bags of potential, otherwise there’s no point. If he recovers his mojo I think we will struggle to find a replacement that’s as good as 2018/19 and the first 2/3 months of 19/20. But if his form stays largely the same as the last 3 months a better replacement will be out there

We’re talking about selling him?

My lord.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:18 am

Beefymcfc wrote:

My lord.

And PeP wasn't thinking of Selling Aguero when he brought in JG ? Aguero then worked his socks off and put to bed any thoughts that may have entered PePs bald head.

Sterling's football has been average to shit for months now and no one can argue otherwise - you have to remember this player is already on 200 to 250 k a week and there was talk of him being given a rise to some stupid amount like 350 k.................... ....my lord indeed !

If he doesn't improve his performances for the rest of the season then fuckign yes we should sell him in the summer - today he played like a cunt (Again ) Foden was on the bench (Again )
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby sheblue » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:15 am

Beefymcfc wrote:He’s fucked, in a fatigued way.

He needs a break of about 2 weeks, he wont get it of course.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:19 am

Sell Raheem no for m BUT, he is gone anyway like Sane, head is elsewhere thank the agents, turned down the offer, no more chats a matter of time. Jesus did more in a few mins btw.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:12 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

My lord.

And PeP wasn't thinking of Selling Aguero when he brought in JG ? Aguero then worked his socks off and put to bed any thoughts that may have entered PePs bald head.

Sterling's football has been average to shit for months now and no one can argue otherwise - you have to remember this player is already on 200 to 250 k a week and there was talk of him being given a rise to some stupid amount like 350 k.................... ....my lord indeed !

If he doesn't improve his performances for the rest of the season then fuckign yes we should sell him in the summer - today he played like a cunt (Again ) Foden was on the bench (Again )

Interesting take. I look at Sterling for what he has done this far and not on current form. Even forgetting the last 2 seasons, I’m fairly sure he’s still been one of our top performers this season, goals etc. What is it, 20 goals this season, played easily more games than any other player and before the last game, doesn’t ever seem to be rested. After his last game I worked out that he had played a game just over every 3 and half days since the start of the season, which is barmy when you think about it.

What also has to be appreciated is that he is Pep’s go to man. There’s obviously all the games he’s played in but you also have to consider his positions. We all know he prefers it on the right but with No Sane, it’s get Raheem on the left, same as when we want to play Mahrez or Bernie there, which is fair enough, but then he’s the go to guy when we don’t play Jesus or Sergio. All this whilst getting back to support our defence.

So, for me, not even a thought to sell Raheem, he’s been one of our best players during these record breaking years. My thoughts are that he’s physically and mentally worn out, and that’s without mentioning the England/racism issues he’s had to deal with over the same period.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:50 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

My lord.

Interesting take. I look at Sterling for what he has done this far and not on current form. Even forgetting the last 2 seasons, I’m fairly sure he’s still been one of our top performers this season, goals etc. What is it, 20 goals this season, played easily more games than any other player and before the last game, doesn’t ever seem to be rested. After his last game I worked out that he had played a game just over every 3 and half days since the start of the season, which is barmy when you think about it.

What also has to be appreciated is that he is Pep’s go to man. There’s obviously all the games he’s played in but you also have to consider his positions. We all know he prefers it on the right but with No Sane, it’s get Raheem on the left, same as when we want to play Mahrez or Bernie there, which is fair enough, but then he’s the go to guy when we don’t play Jesus or Sergio. All this whilst getting back to support our defence.

So, for me, not even a thought to sell Raheem, he’s been one of our best players during these record breaking years. My thoughts are that he’s physically and mentally worn out, and that’s without mentioning the England/racism issues he’s had to deal with over the same period.

I think too many excuses are made to defend any player that is playing shit these days - I will grant you this , a player with mental problems will 100% be affected on the pitch (Family , marriage, racism ) but Raheem has been given all the love and attention that he has , deservedly , received by the masses,so, that cannot be the reason why he is playing like he is playing. As for tiredness , I call bullshit on this , hes young and young players can play till they drop. He just cannot seem to dribble past a player anymore or when he does his final ball to a City player seems to be misjudged by him.If you notice he now plays the 'easy' ball, more often than not ,backwards or sideways as he knows hes not as potent getting past defenders as he used to , its what defenders do when they are off form , they play the easy ball instead of being more productive with it.

His goals are not in question - his overall football is in question.

What annoyed me yesterday was that if Sane played like Sterling then Baldie would have subbed him 30 mins before he did sub him.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:27 pm

We were talking about Sterling being on par, if not better than Mane, Salah etc. When have either of them had a shit patch similar to Sterling's this season. It seems to be never ending. I was laughed at when I said Rashford has had a better season the other week, but blue tints off he absolutely has.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby blues2win » Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:32 pm

Went to the game yesterday. Sterling was anonymous. Missed a couple of chances. He’s got a lot of credit in the bank so suggestions he should be sold are wide of the mark but he shouldn't start in the two Real games at this rate.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:02 pm

blues2win wrote:Went to the game yesterday. Sterling was anonymous. Missed a couple of chances. He’s got a lot of credit in the bank so suggestions he should be sold are wide of the mark but he shouldn't start in the two Real games at this rate.

I'd drop/rest him in the next two or three games. Use Bernie and Riyad and let Razza get a complete break for two weeks. If he comes back just as shit as he's been recently, at least tiredness can be ruled out. But hopefully some rest and the fact he's not undropable will work to give us last season's Raheem back again.
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:08 pm

Bluemoon4610 wrote:
blues2win wrote:Went to the game yesterday. Sterling was anonymous. Missed a couple of chances. He’s got a lot of credit in the bank so suggestions he should be sold are wide of the mark but he shouldn't start in the two Real games at this rate.

I'd drop/rest him in the next two or three games. Use Bernie and Riyad and let Razza get a complete break for two weeks. If he comes back just as shit as he's been recently, at least tiredness can be ruled out. But hopefully some rest and the fact he's not undropable will work to give us last season's Raheem back again.

Baldie will never do that - he has form for continuing to play under performing / shit players (Unless your name is Sane )
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:15 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Bluemoon4610 wrote:

Baldie will never do that - he has form for continuing to play under performing / shit players (Unless your name is Sane )

And therein lies the problem. Pep's a stickler for players following his plan and I can only assume Razza does this more than Sane used to, especially in training. Obviously doesn't matter to him if you play shit week after week, as long as you're following his plan...... :oops:
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:36 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:I think too many excuses are made to defend any player that is playing shit these days - I will grant you this , a player with mental problems will 100% be affected on the pitch (Family , marriage, racism ) but Raheem has been given all the love and attention that he has , deservedly , received by the masses,so, that cannot be the reason why he is playing like he is playing. As for tiredness , I call bullshit on this , hes young and young players can play till they drop. He just cannot seem to dribble past a player anymore or when he does his final ball to a City player seems to be misjudged by him.If you notice he now plays the 'easy' ball, more often than not ,backwards or sideways as he knows hes not as potent getting past defenders as he used to , its what defenders do when they are off form , they play the easy ball instead of being more productive with it.

His goals are not in question - his overall football is in question.

What annoyed me yesterday was that if Sane played like Sterling then Baldie would have subbed him 30 mins before he did sub him.

I wouldn’t defend Sterling unless I thought he was getting it where it isn’t deserved, or there are mitigating factors.

My last words on this is a comparison. Many are claiming that the Dipper players should be succumbing to injuries after so much playing time or that Klopp is better managing his players compared to ours. Last time I checked Sterling had played far more games than any Dipper player this season and I’d guess more than any of them over the last few seasons when he won 2 PL titles as well as a Triple.

Just a thought.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Saul Goodman » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:42 am

He needs to be on the bench for the next few matches. He was horrible again vs Sheffield
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:39 am

Saul Goodman wrote:He needs to be on the bench for the next few matches. He was horrible again vs Sheffield

He will play SHIT again but will score a goal and some people will point to that stat to justify his inclusion in the starting squad........again.

6 times.....Ill say it again.....6 TIMES he passed to one of the sheffield United players when he had the ball in the penalty box or he was just outside it......6 FUCKING TIMES he did it - Foden does that twice (Has never happened and would never happen ) and some fans on here would have been smashing their keyboards to slate him on the match thread.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Sideshow Bob » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:48 pm

his touch, dribbling, shooting accuracy and passing have deserted him and are all diabolical. even his movement off the ball has turned to sh*t, and if we're honest, his movement and his pace were the *only* truly exceptional things about him even at his peak. if this dire form continues into the summer, he will get absolutely slated by the england fans and media, which means he'll come back to us in august with his confidence even lower than it is now. txiki needs to flog him to real madrid before they realise how bad he's become.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum