raheem sterling | wtf is up with him?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: raheem sterling | wtf is up with him?

Postby aaron bond » Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:55 pm

Anyone suggesting we sell him is overreacting.

But he’s been woeful for too long now and deservedly needs to be dropped.

A few games on the bench and slowly reintroduced as a sub is what is required. Help him get back to his best.

As it stands...I have no idea why Pep refuses to drop him or sub him during games.
aaron bond
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp
 
Posts: 3990
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:11 pm
Location: Singapore
Supporter of: City

Re: raheem sterling | wtf is up with him?

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:58 pm

aaron bond wrote:Anyone suggesting we sell him is overreacting.

But he’s been woeful for too long now and deservedly needs to be dropped.

A few games on the bench and slowly reintroduced as a sub is what is required. Help him get back to his best.

As it stands...I have no idea why Pep refuses to drop him or sub him during games.


Do you think Klopp would have played him in every game playing like fuckign shit ?

A resounding NO..which is why all his players are playing out of their skin.......
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Agueroooo's 93:20 League Winner
 
Posts: 24476
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:51 am
Location: Paradise
Supporter of: Man City

Re: raheem sterling | wtf is up with him?

Postby Sideshow Bob » Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:19 pm

aaron bond wrote:Anyone suggesting we sell him is overreacting.

But he’s been woeful for too long now and deservedly needs to be dropped.

A few games on the bench and slowly reintroduced as a sub is what is required. Help him get back to his best.

As it stands...I have no idea why Pep refuses to drop him or sub him during games.


i say sell. not because he's had a poor season (and that is being kind) but b/c he has proven himself to be mentally weak, which is unlikely to change. as an example he sh*ts himself EVERY single time he plays the dippers or rags. even pep must be afraid of damaging sterling's delicate psyche; that is the only possible explanation for not dropping him months ago.
Sideshow Bob
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6286
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:19 am
Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Re: raheem sterling | wtf is up with him?

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:23 pm

£130m for raheem and £90m for sane then buy mbappe for ‘nothing’ as the net spend cunts would say
SURREY'S FINEST
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes
 
Posts: 15012
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:57 pm
Location: here, there, every fucking where
Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Re: raheem sterling | wtf is up with him?

Postby nottsblue » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:14 pm

Shocking last night. Maybe things can only look up from here. It only needs a couple of goals or good games and things turn around very quickly. But he looks shot and a few games rest is probably what he needs. We've got the winter break coming up so perhaps he will take himself away out of the spotlight and just relax.

Hope so as he needs to buck up fast
nottsblue
Allison's Big Fat Cigar
 
Posts: 18534
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:17 pm
Location: Nottingham
Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: raheem sterling | wtf is up with him?

Postby Saul Goodman » Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:29 pm

Well, hes supposedly out for 2 weeks so maybe the time off will be a blessing in disguise
User avatar
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets
 
Posts: 5059
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 5:18 am
Location: Toronto
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Re: raheem sterling | wtf is up with him?

Postby sheblue » Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:00 pm

Sterling has not become a bad footballer over night.
Off now for 2 to 3 weeks which is probably what he needs.
Wonder how far Sane is away from playing.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals
 
Posts: 7796
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:28 pm
Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Re: raheem sterling | wtf is up with him?

Postby Sideshow Bob » Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:17 pm

i would rather have bony up front. that's how bad he's become.
Sideshow Bob
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6286
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:19 am
Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Re: raheem sterling | wtf is up with him?

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:09 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:i would rather have bony up front. that's how bad he's become.


No! At least Raz looks like a footballer.
User avatar
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser
 
Posts: 4069
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:55 am
Location: Wild country near Glossop
Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: raheem sterling | wtf is up with him?

Postby nottsblue » Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:10 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:i would rather have bony up front. that's how bad he's become.

Reread your post. You'll realise that you are wrong. Very wrong. Sterling certainly has been rubbish lately. But Bony? Come on chief
nottsblue
Allison's Big Fat Cigar
 
Posts: 18534
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:17 pm
Location: Nottingham
Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: raheem sterling | wtf is up with him?

Postby stevefromdonny » Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:35 pm

with him out for a few weeks, plus the winter break, it could do him the world of good, recharge his batteries and come back pre xmas time, scoring goals :D :D :D :D
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp
 
Posts: 3178
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 11:39 am
Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

Re: raheem sterling | wtf is up with him?

Postby Sideshow Bob » Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:10 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:i would rather have bony up front. that's how bad he's become.

Reread your post. You'll realise that you are wrong. Very wrong. Sterling certainly has been rubbish lately. But Bony? Come on chief


im honestly not sure! bony was sh1t but at least he knew it and would stay well clear of the ball. sterling keeps getting on the ball and losing it, wasting chances for fun. which is worse?
Sideshow Bob
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6286
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:19 am
Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Re: raheem sterling | wtf is up with him?

Postby nottsblue » Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:42 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:i would rather have bony up front. that's how bad he's become.

Reread your post. You'll realise that you are wrong. Very wrong. Sterling certainly has been rubbish lately. But Bony? Come on chief


im honestly not sure! bony was sh1t but at least he knew it and would stay well clear of the ball. sterling keeps getting on the ball and losing it, wasting chances for fun. which is worse?

Sterling at least has scored 20 this season. Bony never got close to that. 100 times out of 100 you pick Sterling over Bony. But thats not to say Sterling should still be starting, because he shouldn't be in my view.
nottsblue
Allison's Big Fat Cigar
 
Posts: 18534
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:17 pm
Location: Nottingham
Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: raheem sterling | wtf is up with him?

Postby Plain Speaking » Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:14 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:£130m for raheem and £90m for sane then buy mbappe for ‘nothing’ as the net spend cunts would say

Mbappe wants RM, he already has said he's not coming, some seasons ago, he said something like, " I am not saying no to Pep, I am saying no to Manchester City".
Also money from Sane's sale is rapidly going down. BM have a history of getting players to run down their contracts. He's only got 12 months left in summer.
Plain Speaking
Balotelli's Fireworks Party
 
Posts: 855
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:54 pm
Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Silva

Re: raheem sterling | wtf is up with him?

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:36 pm

Looks like Raza will get his rest as he damaged his hamstring vs Spurs and is out for West Ham game. Then it’s the break after that.
User avatar
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser
 
Posts: 4069
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:55 am
Location: Wild country near Glossop
Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: raheem sterling | wtf is up with him?

Postby dave watson's perm » Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:51 pm

Out for "weeks" according to Pep at the presser
User avatar
dave watson's perm
Balotelli's Fireworks Party
 
Posts: 896
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:35 pm
Location: Belfast
Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Paul Power

Re: raheem sterling | wtf is up with him?

Postby Scatman » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:04 pm

stevefromdonny wrote:with him out for a few weeks, plus the winter break, it could do him the world of good, recharge his batteries and come back pre xmas time, scoring goals :D :D :D :D


How long do you think the winter break lasts? 8 months?
Scatman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp
 
Posts: 3609
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:06 am
Location: Manchester

Re: raheem sterling | wtf is up with him?

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:44 pm

Pep said he was an injury worry for RM. Presumably worried he will be recovered.
User avatar
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser
 
Posts: 4069
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:55 am
Location: Wild country near Glossop
Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: raheem sterling | wtf is up with him?

Postby Nick » Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:33 pm

Plain Speaking wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:£130m for raheem and £90m for sane then buy mbappe for ‘nothing’ as the net spend cunts would say

Mbappe wants RM, he already has said he's not coming, some seasons ago, he said something like, " I am not saying no to Pep, I am saying no to Manchester City".
Also money from Sane's sale is rapidly going down. BM have a history of getting players to run down their contracts. He's only got 12 months left in summer.


Realllyy though ? If so fuck the muppet. Doubt he said it though
Nick
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6561
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:50 pm
Location: MANCHESTER

Re: raheem sterling | wtf is up with him?

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:38 pm

Nick wrote:
Plain Speaking wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:£130m for raheem and £90m for sane then buy mbappe for ‘nothing’ as the net spend cunts would say

Mbappe wants RM, he already has said he's not coming, some seasons ago, he said something like, " I am not saying no to Pep, I am saying no to Manchester City".
Also money from Sane's sale is rapidly going down. BM have a history of getting players to run down their contracts. He's only got 12 months left in summer.


Realllyy though ? If so fuck the muppet. Doubt he said it though


The quote from Mbappe

"I didn't say no to him [Guardiola] but I said no to Manchester City. When I saw him, we talked about tactics, how he could use me. That's really a coach that feels football,"

From l'Equipe
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Tueart's Overhead
 
Posts: 8666
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:34 pm
Supporter of: Euthanasia

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: carl_feedthegoat, city72, Clowncrete, Harry Dowd scored, Mase, MSN [Bot], PeterParker, Scatman, sheblue, Sparklehorse and 25 guests