Lawro & Champagne Charlie Predictions v Villains (A)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Lawro & Champagne Charlie Predictions v Villains (A)

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:32 am

This week Lawro is up against Hugh Grant and Matthew McConaughey, stars of Guy Ritchie's new gangster film 'The Gentlemen'. Which is a very good watch BTW!! I recommend it. Hugh Grant is a Fulham fan and McConaughey is obviously a dipper, for no other reason than he thinks a family member once was there!! Wanker!

To understand their predictions, here are a flavour of that they came up with this week:

Team......................................Lawro.........Grant......McConaughey
Chelsea v Burnley.................. 2-0.............1-32............3-2
Man Utd v Norwich................. 2-0..............0-8.............0-8

Lawro says

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51049996

Aston Villa v Man City (16:30 GMT)
I said a little while back that I thought Manchester City have got their mojo back, and they showed it with their Carabao Cup win over Manchester United.

Probably because of how good Liverpool have been, Kevin de Bruyne has not really had the acclaim that he should have. He has been absolutely fabulous in the City midfield.

Aston Villa got a big win at Burnley last time out in the Premier League but this is a completely different task for them.

Danny Drinkwater will boost Villa's midfield after joining from Chelsea on loan, but I still cannot see any further than a City win.

Lawro's prediction: 0-3

Hugh's prediction: 0-6

Matthew's prediction: 1-4

Charlies says

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... redictions

I don't see any real issues for Manchester City in this one. They were strong at Old Trafford, and that was without Gabriel Jesus and Sergio Aguero in the starting line-up. The only issue I have, I am not saying he is playing badly, is with Raheem Sterling, and he seems a little out of sorts with his touch.

Just watching him, he could have had a hat-trick against Man Utd. Someone is going to take a thumping and get hurt soon, and I have a feeling it is going to be this weekend for Aston Villa. They may be back in the groove - Aymeric Laporte is back in training and Aguero is fit and ready, so they are starting to look like they will kick on.

We are into the New Year now and City will want to close the gap as well as progressing in the Champions League. Kevin De Bruyne has been up there with Sadio Mane this campaign. What a player he has been. I think Villa be on the wrong end of a hiding.

CHARLIE PREDICTS: 0-5

Incidentally, Charlie thinks the dipper will draw against the No-Harry Kane team, I hope he is wrong, here's hoping for spurs win!!
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: Lawro & Champagne Charlie Predictions v Villains (A)

Postby nottsblue » Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:45 pm

No one is giving Villa a prayer in this one. Think they might be right
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby PeterParker » Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:02 pm

Hugh Grant needs a proper talk with Gundo.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Wonderwall » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:23 pm

I see Charlie got his goal difference spot on
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby john@staustell » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:21 pm

Oh what stick Stelling and his cronies gave Charlie for suggesting City would win 5-0. All through the show they took the piss. Shame I will miss it Saturday as I'll probably be in the pub pre-Palace

5-0 City was perfectly predictable result but it's the same old theme - they always forget how good City are. Last season is erased from the memory of most dozy pundits and we are of course well behind 'super' Liverpool' (who scrape so many wins)
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Return to The Maine Football forum