Everton : Are the Cartel scared ?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Everton : Are the Cartel scared ?

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:43 pm

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... -deal.html
If you read this it has all the hallmarks of the cartel turning their main armaments on Everton. Why would they doe this ?Everton are not exactly setting the premier league on fire are they? However, a closer look reveals the reason for their apprehension.
They have the financial backing of Usmanov, they have a class manager in Ancelotti, remember the last time a club had massive financial backing and a class Italian manager?
Yes, they are scared another City will emerge, and that is the last thing the old Cartel need right now, more competition, hence the big guns in the press turning on them, watch this space, it may prove interesting.
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: Everton : Are the Cartel scared ?

Postby patrickblue » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:08 pm

I wonder if we're one of the clubs complaining?
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby salford city » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:24 pm

patrickblue wrote:I wonder if we're one of the clubs complaining?

Very much doubt it -the more clubs attempting to break the cosy cartel the better. Funny that Everton are being singled out though as they have so far voted against us on FFP and the like....
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Crossie » Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:25 pm

It’s so funny that with FFP, a new rich club owner can’t spend money to make up the gap to the top 4.

Take Burnley for example, let’s say they were bought out, wealthy Arab, billions to spend but they can only spend 45million a year due to FFP until they grow revenues, which would take fucking years, like 20 years before they’d be in our position and have been able to invest half a billion in players.

Ironic that all those shitty clubs voted for FFP to be brought in, but then tied there own hands, we skipped around it and maybe fell on the wrong side of it briefly once or twice but we’ve made it now, we’re there, self sustaining, revenue growing and in line with the top 5 clubs in the world. A feat which may not be repeated.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:51 pm

Crossie wrote:It’s so funny that with FFP, a new rich club owner can’t spend money to make up the gap to the top 4.

Take Burnley for example, let’s say they were bought out, wealthy Arab, billions to spend but they can only spend 45million a year due to FFP until they grow revenues, which would take fucking years, like 20 years before they’d be in our position and have been able to invest half a billion in players.

Ironic that all those shitty clubs voted for FFP to be brought in, but then tied there own hands, we skipped around it and maybe fell on the wrong side of it briefly once or twice but we’ve made it now, we’re there, self sustaining, revenue growing and in line with the top 5 clubs in the world. A feat which may not be repeated.

The whole idea behind FFP was to pull up the drawbridge and stop others gate crashing the cartels elite grip on the premier league and EUFA cups.
We just got in the castle before the bridge was closed, much to the chagrin of the others like rags and dippers who have tried every trick in the book to discredit us, and with their associates in the media have to a certain extent achieved their goal.
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby PeterParker » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:58 pm

I will have to go back to us a bit and I am really curious how fans outside ”the big 6” shit see all of this.
Met in an Everton fan a few years back in a pub and we talked a bit about what a calamity Richard Wright was in his day, but I genuine have no idea how they feel about all of this? Or they proper don't give a flying fuck how the cartel acts?
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby nottsblue » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:44 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:
Crossie wrote:It’s so funny that with FFP, a new rich club owner can’t spend money to make up the gap to the top 4.

The whole idea behind FFP was to pull up the drawbridge and stop others gate crashing the cartels elite grip on the premier league and EUFA cups.
We just got in the castle before the bridge was closed, much to the chagrin of the others like rags and dippers who have tried every trick in the book to discredit us, and with their associates in the media have to a certain extent achieved their goal.

Spot on Harry.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Return to The Maine Football forum