***Sheffield v Champions Official Match Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

***Sheffield v Champions Official Match Thread***

Postby nottsblue » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:54 am

It’s early but it’s a quiet day

Pride. For the fans. For the players themselves. To ensure we are still in the right frame of mind for the cups coming up.

The PL has long gone but there is still a lot of football to be played and pots to be defended/won. We have had a good run of late and Palace was a big disappointment both in the result and the manner of it, but I expect to see a reaction tonight

3-0 Aguero
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: ***Sheffield v Champions Official Match Thread***

Postby salford city » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:11 am

Was not looking forward to this earlier but acoiple of early afternoon beers with the boys before we set off will perk me up. May see Laporte either tonight or weekend?
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby nottsblue » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:14 am

salford city wrote:Was not looking forward to this earlier but acoiple of early afternoon beers with the boys before we set off will perk me up. May see Laporte either tonight or weekend?

May well see him on the bench soon enough just to get back into the swing of things. Hope so
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:15 am

what sort of pervert schedules a game for 1930?!
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby salford city » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:17 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:what sort of pervert schedules a game for 1930?!

Saw that - proper old school
salford city

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:19 am

I'm putting a grand on us conceding at least 2 goals.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby blues2win » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:30 am

Looks like Mendy and Stones out judging by Pep’s comments yesterday. Cancelo too probably. Walker Zinchenko and Otamendi to replace them. A case for replacing Sterling with Mahrez. Doubt Silva will start again. Rodri might get a start.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby salford city » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:33 am

blues2win wrote:Looks like Mendy and Stones out judging by Pep’s comments yesterday. Cancelo too probably. Walker Zinchenko and Otamendi to replace them. A case for replacing Sterling with Mahrez. Doubt Silva will start again. Rodri might get a start.

I think all those changes except Sterling no way will he get dropped though he should be. Foden should replace Silva. If Laporte is now fit he should get some game time
salford city

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:48 am

I'm putting 10 grand on Foden being on the bench....and to add a little bit of spice Ill add another grand to him coming on around the 80 to 90 mark.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:00 pm

blues2win wrote:Looks like Mendy and Stones out judging by Pep’s comments yesterday.

Absolutely fantastic news! I'm so so so happy.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby City64 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:05 pm

Title long long gone VAR and injuries have seen to that plus the corrupt PL only ever wanted the murdering thieving horrible scouse cunts as champions this season . SO let’s all relax we are coasting comfortably in 2nd place , nice home tie in the FA cup looming a carbao cup home semi final v the rags and a last 16 CL tie v Real Madrid and that facist cunt tebas .
Relax and enjoy take a reality check ..........
Rags in massive decline
Spurs in massive decline
Arsenal in massive decline
Chelsea rebuilding
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:21 pm

City64 wrote:Title long long gone VAR and injuries have seen to that plus

Plus shit management .
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby City64 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:39 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Plus shit management .

Easy to call out the best club manager in the world when he has had his hands tied . I think FFP has hit us hard this season and huge inflated fees for a decent CB s to replace Vinny . Lack of pace upfront with the sane injury and German rags Bayern turning his head . Think we have really missed his pace this season especially with Sterling’s form gone to shit the last couple of months . Pep also over protecting the very young Foden and Garcia , can understand it but agree a bit more game time is a must surely ? Think both will start in the FA cup v Fulham but the sheer pace of the PL can expose very young players who may not be fully developed physically? Even if we had all the pieces in that jigsaw this season the corrupt PL and TV companies would still have the bin dipping cunts beat us to another title and I don’t think I could go through what I went through last season mentally with those disgusting scouse cunts . Think a lot is going on behind the scenes with a number of top clubs with the obvious perceived corruption / VAR etc .............. let the dippers have their tarnished title we can enjoy maybe a cup double and no stress .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:54 pm

City64 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Plus shit management .

Easy to call out the best club manager in the world when he has had his hands tied . I think FFP has hit us hard this season and huge inflated fees for a decent CB s to replace Vinny . Lack of pace upfront with the sane injury and German rags Bayern turning his head . Think we have really missed his pace this season especially with Sterling’s form gone to shit the last couple of months . Pep also over protecting the very young Foden and Garcia , can understand it but agree a bit more game time is a must surely ? Think both will start in the FA cup v Fulham but the sheer pace of the PL can expose very young players who may not be fully developed physically? Even if we had all the pieces in that jigsaw this season the corrupt PL and TV companies would still have the bin dipping cunts beat us to another title and I don’t think I could go through what I went through last season mentally with those disgusting scouse cunts . Think a lot is going on behind the scenes with a number of top clubs with the obvious perceived corruption / VAR etc .............. let the dippers have their tarnished title we can enjoy maybe a cup double and no stress .

Its easy to have a pop at Guardiola this season as he has not performed as well as the previous 2 seasons and below are some of the reasons why he hasn't.
He used to drop under performing players (Sane for one ) last season and the season before yet this season he rewards performing players by dropping them the next game !!!!! yet he fuckign persists on playing under performing players, like Sterling and to a degree David Silva among one or 2 others , game after game - I get the other reasons why we have fallen away ( VAR and LAPORTE ) but Baldie has fucked up many times this season for all the reasons mentioned above.

If PeP goes back to his ways from previous seasons then we have a great chance of doing something interesting the remaining cup comps but if he still persists with his shit decisions on playing personnel then we wont win jack shit this season.

P.S - Klopp is currently the best manager in the world...hard to swallow...but its true.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby City64 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:21 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
City64 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Plus shit management .

Its easy to have a pop at Guardiola this season as he has not performed as well as the previous 2 seasons and below are some of the reasons why he hasn't.
He used to drop under performing players (Sane for one ) last season and the season before yet this season he rewards performing players by dropping them the next game !!!!! yet he fuckign persists on playing under performing players, like Sterling and to a degree David Silva among one or 2 others , game after game - I get the other reasons why we have fallen away ( VAR and LAPORTE ) but Baldie has fucked up many times this season for all the reasons mentioned above.

If PeP goes back to his ways from previous seasons then we have a great chance of doing something interesting the remaining cup comps but if he still persists with his shit decisions on playing personnel then we wont win jack shit this season.

P.S - Klopp is currently the best manager in the world...hard to swallow...but its true.

I have to disagree with a couple of your points especially about Klopp . He basically relies on 11 or 12 players week in week out . They are significant rumours Klopp knows how to beat doping regulations, it was mentioned when he was at Dortmund and the high tempo and press certain players maintained week in week out there . Some of those players are now burnt out and finished. The athletic levels of dippers full backs Robertson and TAA superceed anything else in the PL but when they play at international level their levels drop significantly and Robertson swerves most call ups . Also the “media” refusing to get involved in the dipper hacking case against us they have been found guilty of . I think a massive can of worms will be opened about what has actually gone on in the PL this season and of LFCs “progress” in the not too distant future Carl .............. which part of the media is going to break ranks though ?
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Sideshow Bob » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:24 pm

id give foden or garcia about a 1% chance of playing today. f*ck off pep.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:33 pm

City64 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
City64 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Plus shit management .

I have to disagree with a couple of your points especially about Klopp . He basically relies on 11 or 12 players week in week out . They are significant rumours Klopp knows how to beat doping regulations, it was mentioned when he was at Dortmund and the high tempo and press certain players maintained week in week out there . Some of those players are now burnt out and finished. The athletic levels of dippers full backs Robertson and TAA superceed anything else in the PL but when they play at international level their levels drop significantly and Robertson swerves most call ups . Also the “media” refusing to get involved in the dipper hacking case against us they have been found guilty of . I think a massive can of worms will be opened about what has actually gone on in the PL this season and of LFCs “progress” in the not too distant future Carl .............. which part of the media is going to break ranks though ?

They said the same about PeP when we won the domestic treble and the season before - go on all the forums out there and there was outrage of how can we possibly run for 90 mins every single game - I have no idea if there was anything sinister going on just like I have no idea if there is anything sinister going on with the dippers.

All I do know is what most of us know and that is PeP has made some fuckign stupid decisions all season long whereas Klopp hasn't.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:55 pm

We are paper thin, at the back, No Vinny no Cover, No Laporte we are a mess at the back, concede a chance it ends up in the net, Pep has rung every ounce out of this squad, we are top scorers still, easy to see where we have issues, no legs v the energetic organised sides unless we score first, if its tight we cannot defend 1v1 and as with Saturday concede our own type of goal quick break low cross. Tonight 100 mph and a solid side big and strong. Anything could happen. Sums up our season.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby stevefromdonny » Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:16 pm

COME ON CITY

glad this is up now as im going to town b4 the train to Sheffield a couple in howards then to the game, but looking at some comments I might as well stay in pub
I moan as rest of you but my love for city the manager players means I will be there

it will be interesting to read comments when I get home tonight

COME ON CITY
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:08 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:I'm putting a grand on us conceding at least 2 goals.

from the only 2 attempts sheff u have on goal
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum