***City v Fulham FA Cup Official Match Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***City v Fulham FA Cup Official Match Thread***

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:27 pm

So, the BBC finish their commentary by mentioning the empty seats and then the interviewer dives in with a question to Pep. Pep basically says nothing as ‘He doesn’t know’ but the BBC turn it into ‘Pep having a dig at shit City fans’.

This is where we are now, folks, where our impartial British institution is basically spinning a none story to drive a wedge between the fans and manager. The worst part is that we will have some Blues who believe it.

The salty tears from Rag/Dipper Central are there for all to see. Allowing them to to tarnish our manager or fans should not be tolerated and, most of all, should not be believed.

Anybody know how to get around paying the licence fee?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:51 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:So, the BBC finish their commentary by mentioning the empty seats and then the interviewer dives in with a question to Pep. Pep basically says nothing as ‘He doesn’t know’ but the BBC turn it into ‘Pep having a dig at shit City fans’.

This is where we are now, folks, where our impartial British institution is basically spinning a none story to drive a wedge between the fans and manager. The worst part is that we will have some Blues who believe it.

The salty tears from Rag/Dipper Central are there for all to see. Allowing them to to tarnish our manager or fans should not be tolerated and, most of all, should not be believed.

This is what he said

"Motivation was right and hopefully in the next game against United, our fans can come and make the stadium full.

"It was not full. I don't know why. [Wednesday] gives a chance to go back to Wembley. Hopefully they will support us more."

Guardiola also revealed that key defender Aymeric Laporte was rested for the FA Cup tie after suffering “fatigue” following his comeback from a lengthy injury lay-off against Sheffield United last week.

"We are not going to take risks,” said Guardiola. “After four months, he played 75 minutes and we'll see.

“Until we feel he is ready, he won't play. If he can play against United, he can play."
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:02 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:So, the BBC finish their commentary by mentioning the empty seats and then the interviewer dives in with a question to Pep. Pep basically says nothing as ‘He doesn’t know’ but the BBC turn it into ‘Pep having a dig at shit City fans’.

This is what he said

"Motivation was right and hopefully in the next game against United, our fans can come and make the stadium full.

"It was not full. I don't know why. [Wednesday] gives a chance to go back to Wembley. Hopefully they will support us more."

Guardiola also revealed that key defender Aymeric Laporte was rested for the FA Cup tie after suffering “fatigue” following his comeback from a lengthy injury lay-off against Sheffield United last week.

"We are not going to take risks,” said Guardiola. “After four months, he played 75 minutes and we'll see.

“Until we feel he is ready, he won't play. If he can play against United, he can play."

Cheers, mate, aware of what was said but can’t see where there’s a dig at the fans. It’s clear to see Pep’s contempt for the fuckers when he is asked a stupid question and it’s also clear to see how sarcastic he is with his replies.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:02 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

This is what he said

"Hopefully they will support us more."

He's a grade A prick. Someone needs to tell the twat that we're still a working man's club. It's January ffs, everyone is skint - we're not a Barca where 60% of our crowd is tourists on a day trip. And I'm fuckin glad!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:04 pm

I’m out.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:07 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:I’m out.

Support and attendance arent the same Beefy. "hopefully more will come" - that's fair enough. "hopefully they will support us more" isn't.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:15 pm

Mase wrote:

Support and attendance arent the same Beefy. "hopefully more will come" - that's fair enough. "hopefully they will support us more" isn't.

As in, more people.

Like I said, I’m out.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:28 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Mase wrote:

As in, more people.

Like I said, I’m out.

There's more people at the swamp every week and at arsenal every week - do they support the team more? Of course they don't. He's a passionate guy and says things out of anger sometimes.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:09 pm

Mase wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Mase wrote:

As in, more people.

Like I said, I’m out.

There's more people at the swamp every week and at arsenal every week - do they support the team more? Of course they don't. He's a passionate guy and says things out of anger sometimes.

I think it was just context.

To be honest, I just don’t give a fuck. I was a City supporter as a youngster so the attendance doesn’t bother me, just the way it’s reported. What is clear though is that somehow it matters to some and I just wonder if it’s because some want to be offended and use it as a defence against our lack of fight for the 3rd PL title?

In other words, are the ‘Snowflakes’ showing their colours; or lack of them?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby london blue 2 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:15 pm

Pep instigated that by saying I hope more people turn up than today. That’s on him mate
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby london blue 2 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:16 pm

And for what it’s worth it doesn’t bother me. Let’s just win our cups.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:08 am

london blue 2 wrote:And for what it’s worth it doesn’t bother me. Let’s just win our cups.

I'm also only interested in the cups and have been since the dippers pulled away weeks ago - I get very little enjoyment watching premiership matches now as its null and void till next season.

As for PeP and his dig at the lack of support , only a Blue tinted Fan could see no wrong with what he said and has said in the past, but he did say it, and if they try and cast their minds to when he first came to manage us he has had a sly digs at us fans (In his insinuating way )a few times now - (we ignored it due his tactics and coaching methods leading us on to glory) - booing the fuckign CL anthem was one reason and fans not supporting enough was another and now its another whiny insinuation that we only had 30 odd thousands fans at the game against Fulham - its fucking true (Beefy !) its not the papers trying to con us fans....he has form for it.

I have never hidden the fact that I don't fuckign like him (Not that I want him gone ) , not many people who deal with Catalans actually like Catalans , trust me, I lived in Spain and in business life have dealt with many of them and they are an arrogant horrible lot , generally speaking , but when he came here I gave him the benefit of the doubt until he started with his Barca this and Barca that and if we wanted to be a big club etc etc and then another plug for Barca then Bayern and how many times did he insinuate that we had no history !!??? won hardly any 'titles'

Some fans can see this and some fans cant but lets not delude ourselves eh !!
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Mase » Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:33 am

For me, the waving his arms in the air the other month to take the piss out of our support - live on TV - just confirmed I won't ever buy in to Pep as a person.
As a manager he's our best ever, if not the best ever manager in the world.
Last edited by Mase on Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby john@staustell » Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:21 am

I think someone ought to remind him Barcelona get about 25,000 for cup matches on a good day. Maybe the memory is a bit selective?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:47 am

What's Pep said? That he hopes there's more fans there on Wednesday?

Stone him!
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:08 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:What's Pep said? That he hopes there's more fans there on Wednesday?

Stone him!

Some love to be offended. Pep can say what he wants, we all do.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby salford city » Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:59 am

The Beeb are just an old fashioned establishment which think they are akin to royalty bit like the scouse and red shite that they fawn over. People need to get over that we will never see fair, balanced football reporting from these goons - doesn't make it right but what can we do?
Pep had a pop not for the first time and he's entitled to his opinion, like us all. It won't make a difference to Wednesdays attendance as if we cannot sell out a tie against the red shite then there is no hope
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Nick » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:13 am

To be fair pep doesnt endear himself.

He has no clue about history or context and it pisses me off.

The nail in the coffin at home was showsec banning fans for standing in 109, mixed with cheap seats in the south stand. Loads of good lads stopped renewing and rest went to south. IMO south is poor for 3 standing tiers. What's left is 110 being populated by tourists. Empty seats and season ticket holders re selling to tourists.

Last two home league games werent enjoyable for me. I didnt go yesterday.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby City64 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:32 am

Pep is the best manager in the world he can say what he wants . Am I offended ? No !
Ps whats that term about bin dipper mentality?
Oh yeah “always offended “ .
Hmmmmmm
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby City64 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:00 am

Oh and can we do a seat count for the bin dippers FA cup replay v Shrewsbury.........
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum