FA Cup 5th round draw Monday 19:19 BBC1

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: FA Cup 5th round draw Monday 19:19 BBC1

Postby PeterParker » Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:15 pm

Interesting

The title holders Manchester United, withdrew from the 1999–2000 FA Cup due to their participation in the 2000 FIFA Club World Championship in South America, to take place in early 2000, thus becoming the first FA Cup winners not to defend their title. Despite this being at the request of the Football Association (FA), they received criticism from journalists and television pundits

Why the fuck teams are so soft around the criminals?
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Bear60 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:50 pm

PeterParker wrote:Interesting

The title holders Manchester United, withdrew from the 1999–2000 FA Cup due to their participation in the 2000 FIFA Club World Championship in South America, to take place in early 2000, thus becoming the first FA Cup winners not to defend their title. Despite this being at the request of the Football Association (FA), they received criticism from journalists and television pundits

Because they get offended
Bear60
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby City64 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:38 pm

Why were the rags ball number 1 ?
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:50 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Green & Blue wrote:Klopps stance is that neither him or any of the first team squad will be involved in the Shrewsbury replay. Is that kind of carry on even allowed?

It certainly shouldn’t be and it should be cause of concern.

But somehow he has come across as being the good guy, in that the FA are reneging on the Winter break by having cup replays in there and he is just protecting his players. Unbelievable

It is unbelievable as the FA issued a notice that this exact thing would happen if there was a replay.

Basically, Klopp didn’t think he would still be in the cup at this stage and planned to be out of the EFL and FA Cups earlier. Because the opponents were inept has brought this situation on and now the media know they have to give it to Liverpool but just can’t bring themselves to do it as there will be a severe backlash from the club and their supporters.

Just think, a manager sticking 2 fingers up at not just one cup competition, but the oldest trophy in history. Any other manager wouldn’t be able to leave home and a City manager would be run out of the club, but Klopp, Liverpool, not a fucking word.

Listened to TS before and the presenter could not bring himself to say anything derogatory and when pushed by the footie co, could only say it’s a sham the position they find themselves in. Even though it was clear in his voice that he wanted to lay into the Dippers.

This season has been a massive eye-opener for the none-red fans and should be brought up whenever needed to put them back in their shell. Hypocrisy and bullshit is rife.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby sheblue » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:09 pm

PeterParker wrote:Interesting

I remember that, they did get a lot of abuse, but the FA cup had more importance then, and it wasn't really the norm.
It's different now, money has fucked the domestic cups. And opting out is more acceptable in the eyes of the media, for some anyway.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:32 pm

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... eplay.html

The sports writers in the Mail think Klopp is wrong and disrespectful to the competition
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:26 am

Harry Dowd scored wrote:https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7934095/Our-writers-say-Liverpools-decision-let-team-miss-FA-Cup-replay.html

The sports writers in the Mail think Klopp is wrong and disrespectful to the competition

‘The Death of the FA Cup’.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby BlueinBosnia » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:18 am

City64 wrote:Why were the rags ball number 1 ?

Because Tranmere v Rags was the first match drawn in the Fourth Round. Whoever wins out of us and Sheffield Wednesday will ball number 1 for the Sixth Round.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby nottsblue » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:03 am

BlueinBosnia wrote:

Because Tranmere v Rags was the first match drawn in the Fourth Round. Whoever wins out of us and Sheffield Wednesday will ball number 1 for the Sixth Round.

Everyday is a school day
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby CTID Hants » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:28 am

nottsblue wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:

Everyday is a school day

For me too!
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum