Meanwhile at the caf...

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Meanwhile at the caf...

Postby CuteMancs » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:21 am

Just in case you were wondering what is going through the minds of the swamp dwellers. Is it me or do they seem a bit calmer these days? I love the fact that you can actually feel their pain as you read this!

COME ON CITY!!!

Referee: Michael Dean
Assistant Referee: Ian Hussin and Darren Cann
Fourth Official: Lee Mason
VAR: Kevin Friend
Assistant VAR: Stephen Child

Team Selection

Romero
Lindelof Jones Maguire
Wan Bissaka - Matic - Fred - Shaw
Greenwood - Martial - James

And the rest:

0-6. Boom

No idea who to play up front. Mata is too slow. Pereira has been poor. I guess start Lingard and hope he can deliver…Not fully sure about James either, but he should start…Maybe play 3-5-2 again? Maguire need to attack like today for it to work and not sure it suits Wan Bissaka.

Just rest as many key players as we can so we can play Wolves in one piece…Romero definitely deserves another start, would be interesting to see if he can do another clean sheet.

It's a Manchester derby in a semi-final, but we're away with a 2 goal deficit and don't have enough of our key players to actually stand any chance. Weird really. You almost want us to rest our key players to focus on the game on the weekend, but we can't really rest players anyway, and with it being vs City we can't just write it off.

Ole will mention PSG all week and put our full strength side out…I think we’ll get schooled again. 3-0.

Just go for it. Crucial we get an early goal and build on that.

The heavyweights we’ve rested will come in and smash City.

Mountains are there to be climbed. I expect the 3-5-2 again, which I've never really understood the dislike of (Surely ANYTHING is better than the 4-2-3-1 we usually play)…I think we might surprise a few people with a gutsy performance but ultimately lose. Ole then says something about progress and then we probably lose/draw the next few league game.

Woodward would not be looking forward to any game now, least of all a high profile one like this. There is a high chance that we would get beaten and if the fans were up in arms in a 0-6 game, imagine the shaming he would have to endure under much more spotlight.

Why do we play on a Saturday after playing on a Wednesday? City get a Sunday match…We have to beat City by 2 goals to have a chance, 3 goals to win and the Wolves match will be the 3rd in 6 days. Seems to be like we should just forfeit this match.

It is time for the fallen to arise…Let Darth Vader be with us.

Will Romero play or back to De Gea?

4-1 United.

Just think, we could have had Bruno by last weekend, he could have already played a couple of games for us…But no.

Resting players in a Manchester Derby semi-final…Not likely lads, also remember that night in Paris.

No one has forgotten Paris, have you slept for the past 12 months? On a good day with a fully fit squad, and Rashford in top form we would have a real chance with our set up - right now we don't.

I think it's a certainty that Juan starts, his impact was actually good in the first leg and against Liverpool, and he should play.

We'll do well to avoid an absolute hiding. Hopefully we're on our game but I'm not confident. Can't see Woodward turning up either after that atmosphere today.

It's the Donald Duck cup and we lost at home. Just try to limit the score and avoid injuring/overworking key players (if we have any of those left at all) so we're ready for the next game that matters. I know that's a loser's attitude, but we're not in a position to fight to the last man in every competition. Let's be realistic

I think we will lose regardless of who or how we play, 3 0 to City, comfortable for them.

Don't think we've got a prayer really. With Rashford and all our midfield fit maybe we'd have a smallish chance…Just hope we get out of the game with no further injuries and not getting a hiding although I think we may get one. City probably sense blood.

Go for it. Nothing to lose.

Long shot but you never know, we seem to go from the ridiculous to the sublime - that game my main man Pogba had at the council ground. At half time we were something like 50/1 stranger things have happened in football!

This was Ole master plan from the start. Lure City players into a sense of overconfidence and then finish them of at the Ethihad. Hopefully, we don’t pick up any injuries in this game. The game on the weekend is much more important.

Do a Klopp, play the U15's and focus on the league.

We're gonna get pumped whoever we put out so it doesn't really matter. Can we withdraw and take an automatic 3-0 loss or something?

3 at the back. 6-0 win. Let's go.

We'd twat them 0-0.

I know what Ole will do. He will believe he can overturn it and put his best team out. City may well rotate. It might not be as much a spanking as we think. Sit very deep with our best team, play on the counter, you never know.

Tie is over and all I'm looking for is a decent performance whereby United make themselves harder to score against and beat than they were in Old Trafford for the 1st leg.

Would quite fancy our chances of overturning the deficit if we had a fully fit squad, but as we don't have time to go young, just tell 'em to go out there and express themselves, if they get shown their backsides, so what?

Similar line-up and formation to Tranmere, except Fred for Pereira.

I usually treat my body like a temple. Last night I treated mine like a whorehouse above a liquor store next to a motherfucking Taco Bell.
CuteMancs
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC

Re: Meanwhile at the caf...

Postby nottsblue » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:30 am

Cheers CM

Really is noticeable how far they have slipped just in a few years. They are now defeatist and have lost the bluster and pomp they once had. And the best part is they still have further to fall and the pain they feel now will get harder and the hope they have now that things will improve will diminish. Happy days
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:56 am

Pretty realistic and downtrodden aren't they. Such a shame .... NOT.... Fuck the lot of them.

I notice you have Mike Dean down to ref, surely not as be reffed the Villa game last night and the useless twat isn't that fit.

Edit.. just checked
Referee: Kevin Friend
Assistant Referees: Simon Long and Richard West
Fourth Official: Peter Bankes
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby CuteMancs » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:58 am

Cheers WW....as you can tell I have a lot going on at the moment!

I usually treat my body like a temple. Last night I treated mine like a whorehouse above a liquor store next to a motherfucking Taco Bell.
CuteMancs
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:03 am

CuteMancs wrote:Cheers WW....as you can tell I have a lot going on at the moment!

Your work here is much appreciated CM.

Also Kevin friend reffed the game against Fulham at the weekend, has he rented a room over at the CFG?
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby ruralblue » Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:01 pm

CuteMancs wrote:Cheers WW....as you can tell I have a lot going on at the moment!

I ALWAYS appreciate reading these too. Hope all is well Cutemancs. X
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Return to The Maine Football forum