Wemberly

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Wemberly

Postby Simister » Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:34 pm

craigmcfc wrote:Anyone else up in the Gods?

Level 5 with my lad but haven’t seen the ticket yet.
Simister
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: SWP

Postby salford city » Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:48 pm

Simister wrote:
craigmcfc wrote:Anyone else up in the Gods?

Level 5 with my lad but haven’t seen the ticket yet.

I'm front row level 5 usual spot via supporters club
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby craigmcfc » Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:32 pm

Plenty of us up in t'Gods then
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Mase » Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:56 pm

craigmcfc wrote:Plenty of us up in t'Gods then

I’ve been to the new Wembley to watch City six times now and each time I’ve been top tier and it’s been great.

Such a weird atmosphere on cup final day though. Not sure whether it’s because I’m absolutely steaming or not though.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby craigmcfc » Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:01 pm

Mase wrote:

I’ve been to the new Wembley to watch City six times now and each time I’ve been top tier and it’s been great.

Such a weird atmosphere on cup final day though. Not sure whether it’s because I’m absolutely steaming or not though.

Yeah 12th for me which is utterly ridiculous considering the first 30 years of supporting them. All in the top tier too.
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Mase » Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:10 pm

craigmcfc wrote:
Mase wrote:

Yeah 12th for me which is utterly ridiculous considering the first 30 years of supporting them. All in the top tier too.

I’d be interested to know how people think it compares with the old Wembley. I only went once against Gillingham. I was a kid, but the atmosphere seemed so much better
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby craigmcfc » Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:37 pm

Mase wrote:
craigmcfc wrote:
Mase wrote:

I’d be interested to know how people think it compares with the old Wembley. I only went once against Gillingham. I was a kid, but the atmosphere seemed so much better

Yeah I only went once too, for the Full Members Cup final v Chelsea, the bonkers 4-5 game. Can't remember the atmosphere either.
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:17 pm

craigmcfc wrote:
Mase wrote:
craigmcfc wrote:
Mase wrote:

Yeah I only went once too, for the Full Members Cup final v Chelsea, the bonkers 4-5 game. Can't remember the atmosphere either.

it kicked off big time in that game! 64 no doubt was there and took out a dozen headhunters...

chatting to a mate whose wife is a gp earlier... good chance that a ‘ban’ on public gatherings will kick in in the next couple of weeks due to coronavirus... can’t see football being cancelled but games behind closed doors instead... make the most of this sunday as it could be your last this season
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:25 pm

Really looking forward to another Cup Final, seeing our club play is far more soothing to the eye than seeing all the shit being spouted.

It’s all about the the City family.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby nottsblue » Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:10 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Really looking forward to another Cup Final, seeing our club play is far more soothing to the eye than seeing all the shit being spouted.

It’s all about the the City family.

You can never get bored of Wembley finals. The game is about glory and it doesn’t get much more glorious than a Wembley final
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:42 pm

My wife and me were due to travel to Australia on Sunday, well stop at Dublin airport hotel Sunday, watch the game on big screen tv, then fly with emirates Monday, our daughter is due to have her baby next week, we were going to help her with the other kids. I even booked business class. However we have got my wife’s results from a cancer test, and it is really bad, she has cancer and all this football thing does not seem so important now. I should probably not have posted this, but I have had a drink and feeling terrible, anyway it is what it is have cancelled flights she has to have urgent surgery. Hope City win to at least cheer us up a bit.
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Bear60 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:49 pm

Last time I was there was when we beat the vermin on pens only memory I have got is them boo Ing Our Country‘s national Anthem horrible cunts every last one of them
Bear60
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby nottsblue » Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:03 am

Harry Dowd scored wrote:My wife and me were due to travel to Australia on Sunday, well stop at Dublin airport hotel Sunday, watch the game on big screen tv, then fly with emirates Monday, our daughter is due to have her baby next week, we were going to help her with the other kids. I even booked business class. However we have got my wife’s results from a cancer test, and it is really bad, she has cancer and all this football thing does not seem so important now. I should probably not have posted this, but I have had a drink and feeling terrible, anyway it is what it is have cancelled flights she has to have urgent surgery. Hope City win to at least cheer us up a bit.

So sorry to hear this awful news for you and your family. Wishing your wife a full recovery. Keep trucking pal. Much love
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Bear60 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:07 am

Sorry to hear this hope everything works out ok mate
Bear60
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Paul68 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:07 am

Harry Dowd scored wrote:My wife and me were due to travel to Australia on Sunday, well stop at Dublin airport hotel Sunday, watch the game on big screen tv, then fly with emirates Monday, our daughter is due to have her baby next week, we were going to help her with the other kids. I even booked business class. However we have got my wife’s results from a cancer test, and it is really bad, she has cancer and all this football thing does not seem so important now. I should probably not have posted this, but I have had a drink and feeling terrible, anyway it is what it is have cancelled flights she has to have urgent surgery. Hope City win to at least cheer us up a bit.

Sorry to hear your terrible news.
Thoughts are with you and hope that she beats it.
I wish there was a way to know you are in the good old days....before you've actually left them...
Paul68
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: All the 17-18!

Postby salford city » Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:35 am

Sorry to hear your news, though times. My Mrs has been. Clear for over ten years so there are also success stories. Keep your heads up
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Simister » Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:08 am

Awful timing. Fingers crossed for her. Keep fighting girl.
Simister
Superman's Underpants

My favourite player is: SWP

Postby littlebig » Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:09 am

That’s terrible news Harry. Wishing your wife a full recovery. Football is great but your people are your gold
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:52 am

Shit news Harry , I hope you manage to cope with this terrible news and your wife overcomes the battle ahead.

Big hug to you.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby mr_nool » Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:10 am

Horrible news Harry. I hope that the surgery goes well and that she will be able to beat the cancer. My thoughts are with you both.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum