What players do we need and who should go?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

What players do we need and who should go?

Postby PeterParker » Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:57 am

A huge, huge, huge summer coming up for us. After this season our team will end a cicle that brought us a shitload of trophies, but normaly, as it happens, lost it's hunger.
With the whole ban and controversy around our club brought by those bent fucks, it will be a long summer with many ups and downs.

That being said, who needs to go and who needs to be bought?

Out: Stones, Bravo (not going to happen), Mendy, Silva, Sane.
In: Mings, Ake, Chillwell, Haaland (not gonna happen), Van De Beek

Now, why Mings and Ake? I think we need to buy some premier proven defenders and those two are decent enough with excellent footgame,
And Chillwell because I don't think we can buy anyone better at this point that is available.

Another issue is Dave Silva. Sadly, there is no way Foden will replace him, so we might see us buying someone. Saw that we were linked with Van de Beek from Ajax. He had an excellent season with Ajax last year.
Also there is the issue if Sane is going.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Re: What players do we need and who should go?

Postby City64 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:04 pm

Mings Ake and Chilwell ????? seriously ???? Rags wont even be in for that standard of shite , give your a head a wobble immediately !
Rumours of Pep signing another year extention if true we will be in for a marque striker and CB but a lot depends on the UEFA bullshit hanging over us and FFP restrictions .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Wooders » Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:10 pm

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Bernardo go

Outs:
D Silva
B Silva
Otter
Cancelo
Sane
Gundo

Ins:
Fek knows
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Mase » Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:12 pm

Wooders wrote:I wouldn’t be surprised to see Bernardo go

Outs:
D Silva
B Silva
Otter
Cancelo
Sane
Gundo

Ins:
Fek knows

Otter has said he’ll see out his contract with us.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:12 pm

Pay the release clause for Haaland
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby PeterParker » Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:13 pm

City64 wrote:Mings Ake and Chilwell ????? seriously ???? Rags wont even be in for that standard of shite , give your a head a wobble immediately !
Rumours of Pep signing another year extention if true we will be in for a marque striker and CB but a lot depends on the UEFA bullshit hanging over us and FFP restrictions .

As I said, I would want two defenders that are decent in the league and that can become really good under Pep.
I think those two are good shouts and will come at a decent price.

The problem is that the world is lacking top class defenders. That is why Maguire was sold that much. The best way to understand this is to look at the italians and see they keep going with Bonucci and Chielini because nothing comes from behind that are at their level.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:29 pm

PeterParker wrote:A huge, huge, huge summer coming up for us. After this season our team will end a cicle that brought us a shitload of trophies, but normaly, as it happens, lost it's hunger.
With the whole ban and controversy around our club brought by those bent fucks, it will be a long summer with many ups and downs.

That being said, who needs to go and who needs to be bought?

Out: Stones, Bravo (not going to happen), Mendy, Silva, Sane.
In: Mings, Ake, Chillwell, Haaland (not gonna happen), Van De Beek

Now, why Mings and Ake? I think we need to buy some premier proven defenders and those two are decent enough with excellent footgame,
And Chillwell because I don't think we can buy anyone better at this point that is available.

Another issue is Dave Silva. Sadly, there is no way Foden will replace him, so we might see us buying someone. Saw that we were linked with Van de Beek from Ajax. He had an excellent season with Ajax last year.
Also there is the issue if Sane is going.

PeP has categorically stated that he WILL NOT replace DS as he has Foden.

Of course I don't believe a fuckign word he says so DS will probably be replaced.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby City64 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:36 pm

PeterParker wrote:
City64 wrote:Mings Ake and Chilwell ????? seriously ???? Rags wont even be in for that standard of shite , give your a head a wobble immediately !

As I said, I would want two defenders that are decent in the league and that can become really good under Pep.

The problem is that the world is lacking top class defenders. That is why Maguire was sold that much. The best way to understand this is to look at the italians and see they keep going with Bonucci and Chielini because nothing comes from behind that are at their level.

Pretty sure our scouting system has a few defenders and a potentially top CB on the radar pal , age is always a huge factor with our recruiting . £120 million Sane to the german rags will give us some serious spending power if he goes of course . We also recently had a £360 million investment into the business , will be interesting how that is used and whether it is a buffer whilst this UEFA bollocks is played out ? We definitely need another top drawer striker but not a chance the club will even enter a discussion with snake Riaola (Haaland) .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Mase » Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:36 pm

Unfortunately Ake and/or Mings would cost an arm and a leg depending on who gets relegated. If both clubs stay up they’ll cost probably £50 million each, Mings probably more because he’s English.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby City64 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:38 pm

Mase wrote:Unfortunately Ake and/or Mings would cost an arm and a leg depending on who gets relegated. If both clubs stay up they’ll cost probably £50 million each, Mings probably more because he’s English.

Absolutely and overpriced shite !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby PeterParker » Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:54 pm

City64 wrote:
PeterParker wrote:

Pretty sure our scouting system has a few defenders and a potentially top CB on the radar pal , age is always a huge factor with our recruiting . £120 million Sane to the german rags will give us some serious spending power if he goes of course . We also recently had a £360 million investment into the business , will be interesting how that is used and whether it is a buffer whilst this UEFA bollocks is played out ? We definitely need another top drawer striker but not a chance the club will even enter a discussion with snake Riaola (Haaland) .

Sane leaving will be another issue we have to solve.
Have no idea with what player, hope the fuck not Saha.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Dubciteh » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:44 am

Isnt bravo out of contract?
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:57 am

Wooders wrote:I wouldn’t be surprised to see Bernardo go

Outs:
D Silva
B Silva
Otter
Cancelo
Sane
Gundo

Ins:
Fek knows

What makes you say that about Bernardo? I don't think the club would even entertain the idea.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Outcast » Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:55 am

Let's see the outcome of the FFP bullshit before we entertain this subject.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:08 am

City64 wrote:
PeterParker wrote:

I agree with you on Rialoa, however we are dealing with snakes all over the shop, Haaland has to be signed at 65 mill euros for me. Even if you give his agent 6.5 he is cheap IMO.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Sideshow Bob » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:54 pm

wish list out: silva, stones, bravo, fucking GUNDO, and for the right price, sterling

what pep is likely to do: silva, although i bet pep tries to convince him to stay for another fucking farewell tour
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby City64 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:25 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
City64 wrote:
PeterParker wrote:

I agree with you on Rialoa, however we are dealing with snakes all over the shop, Haaland has to be signed at 65 mill euros for me. Even if you give his agent 6.5 he is cheap IMO.

City won’t share the same oxygen as Riaola and it is common knowledge Riaola has caused a lot of the shite that is going on behind the scenes at the swamp . He is doing a great job there leave him to it .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:39 pm

Outcast wrote:Let's see the outcome of the FFP bullshit before we entertain this subject.

The FFP will affect the second part of the question, who we should go for, but not the first too much, who we need.

There are probably a lot we could change, but I tend to think about 6 in and out is the most you can do without it becoming counterproductive, especially as quite a few players seem to take at least half a season to adapt to Pep’s requirements.

So my 6 out would be Silva, Sane (but only if he wants to go), Angelino (virtually already gone), Stones, Gundo, and another fullback who isn’t Walker. Bravo can go but not a priority.

To be replaced by 2 x FB, 1 x CB, 1 x CM, 1 x goal scorer, plus more use of Fidel and Garcia. One of replacements probably needs to be English to meet the rules if Stones goes.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:45 pm

Still cannot understand how we end up with Cancelo, Juve. G14 spanked us.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Green & Blue » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:31 pm

Hazy2 wrote:Still cannot understand how we end up with Cancelo, Juve. G14 spanked us.

Tough enough start for him as he’s not been afforded a proper run in the team and when he does get a sniff it’s not always in his proper position. A bit of a head scratcher how we spend so much money on a player and don’t plan on starting him regularly.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum