Cl pre match thread

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Cl pre match thread

Postby Blackadder » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:01 am

Have faith mfuckrs, we will beat Real in their own backyard. I'm not saying that the home leg will be without drama, but through we shall go.
"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others." - Groucho Marx
Blackadder
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: CITY
My favourite player is: Agueroooooooooooo

Postby aaron bond » Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:58 am

No idea what time we will put out.

I wish Fern was playing in centre midfield for this, but it looks unlikely.

I hope Sterling is not put straight back into the side.

Regardless of the line-up, I expect all the players to be up for this. We're due a big performance in the CL knockout stages and Real Madrid is a great place to do it.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby Dimples » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:03 pm

UEFA's favorite team Vs. their most hated team.
When we played Liverpool in the CL (H&A) the cheating was blatant - UEFA did not care.
They will be worse now and will want us eliminated immediately.

We have no hope.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:14 pm

Dimples wrote:UEFA's favorite team Vs. their most hated team.
When we played Liverpool in the CL (H&A) the cheating was blatant - UEFA did not care.

We have no hope.

PSG V Barca how bad can it be. I mean that was blatant as it gets.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:36 pm

Dimples wrote:UEFA's favorite team Vs. their most hated team.

We have no hope.

I said the same thing this morning to my wife. Not even sure it's worth a visit to the pub to watch us be cheated again.
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Sideshow Bob » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:49 pm

100% pep will throw sterling straight back in and 100% sterling will sh1t himself in front of goal, which will ultimately cost us the tie.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby sheblue » Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:00 pm

It's not a real game.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby brite blu sky » Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:03 pm

Ok so there is no denying that we are playing The Cartel tonight and it is likely to be a shambles and a very painful watch for us all.

HOWEVER we should all try to use this as an opportunity. hear me out.

Sometimes the most powerful way to attack is just to ask a simple question.

There will be a lot of other neutral fans watching this game tonight, and if as we suspect the cheating is blatant then a high % of those fans will see it plain as day.
So we should all watch it - for the simple purpose of then flooding whatever forums we can with a very simple question.

DID YOU SEE THE BLATANT CHEATING TONIGHT BY UEFA AND DO YOU THINK THAT IS ACCEPTABLE IN FOOTBALL?

outside the usual suspects this would get ordinary fans thinking and focussing on what this is all doing to football.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:13 pm

I hope one day someone manages to hack/spy on the VAR room and get proof of cheating by the officials.

I reckon one day that will happen - that evidence will be worth millions.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:33 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:I hope one day someone manages to hack/spy on the VAR room and get proof of cheating by the officials.

Billions Carl, cheating is rife ask a PSG fan what happened to them in Barcelona that night.

This was a paragraph from my local paper in France 2017.

Just as Barcelona are a brilliant team, who revolutionised football to an extent, and Suárez is a wonderful player, this should not provide an excuse for selective blindness. Unfortunately it does, amid the race to proclaim Wednesday evening as worthy of a public holiday. There is almost the sense that the Champions League needs Barça’s, Bayern, Juve and the other cartel members involvement, regardless of the means by which that transpires.
Last edited by Hazy2 on Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:36 pm

Just a few things pissing me off lately -: Pep blowing smoke up the arses of the Real’s off this world saying they have all the history and experience, whilst little city are new to this level :mrgreen: For fucks sake we have been in this competition for about eight years running, how long does it take?
Then there is the team selection, it is widely agreed a consistent team selection is conducive to good performances and players knowing what they are doing! The reverse has the reverse effect sadly that is one reason for our lack of consistency this season. Fuck only knows what clusterfuck of a selection will happen tonight.
The press and their anti City vitriol is now a such a level I have stopped reading the sports pages.
The media declaring fifth place is now a champions league place, totally ignoring the appeals process.
That’s about it for now, happy days eh :lol: :lol:
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:55 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:Just a few things pissing me off lately -: Pep blowing smoke up the arses of the Real’s off this world saying they have all the history and experience, whilst little city are new to this level :mrgreen: For fucks sake we have been in this competition for about eight years running, how long does it take?
Then there is the team selection, it is widely agreed a consistent team selection is conducive to good performances and players knowing what they are doing! The reverse has the reverse effect sadly that is one reason for our lack of consistency this season. Fuck only knows what clusterfuck of a selection will happen tonight.
The press and their anti City vitriol is now a such a level I have stopped reading the sports pages.
The media declaring fifth place is now a champions league place, totally ignoring the appeals process.

I'm sick and tired of hearing any prick, let alone Baldie , go on about our so called lack of history when we were founded in 1880, nearly 20 years before his beloved Barcelona was founded.

I don't need to go on about our levels of success since then but he should just shut the fuck up when it comes to mentioning our teams so called lack of history !!!

Makes my piss boil it does.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby sheblue » Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:03 pm

Even IF it was a level playing field (which it will not be) we would need to our best performance of the season to get a result.
However I just cant be bothered, I just feel horrible about this game, not excited at all. The whole occasion is already ruined by all the ban, and the inevitable cheating fest that will unfold over the coming 2 legs.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby salford city » Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:05 pm

I'm sick and tired of hearing any prick, let alone Baldie , go on about our so called lack of history when we were founded in 1880, nearly 20 years before his beloved Barcelona was founded.

I don't need to go on about our levels of success since then but he should just shut the fuck up when it comes to mentioning our teams so called lack of history !!!

Makes my piss boil it does.[/quote]

With you on this however, the only thing that the red shit and dippers have over us is the chumps league. Its been apparent for some time that they have been working behind the scenes with a number of others in the cartel to fuck us over and cheat us out of this corrupt fucking competition. Pisses me the fuck off, but we have to win the thing.
Am now looking forward to tonight to see just how badly UEFA want to fuck us over and whether the boys turn up and allow it
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:14 pm

The timing of the CAS appeal might suggest we are getting a grip. As for CL history we have to win it to bin the negativity. As for the calling out of our manager, lets concentrate on the real enemy.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:31 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Harry Dowd scored wrote:Just a few things pissing me off lately -: Pep blowing smoke up the arses of the Real’s off this world saying they have all the history and experience, whilst little city are new to this level :mrgreen: For fucks sake we have been in this competition for about eight years running, how long does it take?

It annoys the fuck out of me when rags, dippers, the media et al use the term "history" when they actually mean "success". The dippers can just about get away with the excuse that they're sub-human and don't speak the same English as the rest of us...... :D
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:38 pm

Bluemoon4610 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

It annoys the fuck out of me when rags, dippers, the media et al use the term "history" when they actually mean "success". The dippers can just about get away with the excuse that they're sub-human and don't speak the same English as the rest of us...... :D

I wish someone would explain that fact to Pep so that the cunt understands the difference between history and success.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Simister » Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:58 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:I hope one day someone manages to hack/spy on the VAR room and get proof of cheating by the officials.

I'd love it to happen but fear it will be all bvrushed under the carpet.

Actually looking forward to some SCANDALOUS decisions tonight ina weird way, because the world will be watching.

That's why I think tonight the refs and VAR will be on strict instructions to be absolutely straight tonight for that reason alone, and in a way that will disappoint me.We really needed the fairness against the Victims and Spuzz, when we had a team capable of winning the thing.
Simister
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: SWP

Postby gmercer1 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:21 pm

Please not Gundo and Rodri together!

Also watch for the biggest cheating performance from the officials ever.
gmercer1

My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby brite blu sky » Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:17 pm

Simister wrote:

I'd love it to happen but fear it will be all bvrushed under the carpet.

Actually looking forward to some SCANDALOUS decisions tonight ina weird way, because the world will be watching.

That's why I think tonight the refs and VAR will be on strict instructions to be absolutely straight tonight for that reason alone, and in a way that will disappoint me.We really needed the fairness against the Victims and Spuzz, when we had a team capable of winning the thing.

You may be right about the instructions tonight. I'm not convinced that UEFA just believe they can just get away with it, however blatant it is and however much world focus there is on this. The Cartel arrogance knows no bounds, they just cant help themselves.

As City fans we have an obligation to get a public discussion going about this, if fans start discussing blatant Cartel cheating via officials then we are hitting them where it hurts - they really dont want that, it would be even better than booing them, in terms of annoyance.

We need to shift the debate to focus on UEFA corruption and The Cartel that fuels it.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum