mendy

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: mendy

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:38 pm

City64 wrote:Strong performance on the big stage tonight from Mendy . Armchair fans fucking clueless .

Was that F Mendy? :D
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby sheblue » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:42 pm

zuricity wrote:
sheblue wrote:Best fullback we have ever had.

Have you seen something that the rest of us fellas are missing ?

I still would have him ahead of zinch or cancelo at LB.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby PeterParker » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:45 pm

Bluemoon4610 wrote:
City64 wrote:Strong performance on the big stage tonight from Mendy . Armchair fans fucking clueless .

Clearly he watched the wrong Mendy.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby sheblue » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:47 pm

PeterParker wrote:
Bluemoon4610 wrote:

Nonsense. He wasnt as bad as made out.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:49 pm

sheblue wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
Bluemoon4610 wrote:

Had a spell in the first half where he was all over the place, improved second half.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:51 pm

sheblue wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
Bluemoon4610 wrote:

He has the worst ball control in the premier league - lost the ball due to it bouncing off him more times than I can count.

We need to dump him in the summer and find ourselves a decent LB as he is nowhere near what we need.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Saul Goodman » Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:33 pm

Utter dog shit. Needs to go ASAP
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby sheblue » Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:03 pm

I agree he didnt play his best game last night. But he is better than zinch, especially going forward. Zinch is a nice lad nice footballer but too nice for this game, too nice for this level.

Now mendy ain't the best by a long shot. But he is the best we have at the moment and has a little more to his all round game.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mase » Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:17 pm

sheblue wrote:I agree he didnt play his best game last night. But he is better than zinch, especially going forward. Zinch is a nice lad nice footballer but too nice for this game, too nice for this level.

Now mendy ain't the best by a long shot. But he is the best we have at the moment and has a little more to his all round game.

Zinch got sent off against Spurs for kicking off. Not that nice.

We also won everything last year with Zinch at LB. How has Mendy improved us? Genuine question.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:18 pm

sheblue wrote:
zuricity wrote:
sheblue wrote:Best fullback we have ever had.

Have you seen something that the rest of us fellas are missing ?

I still would have him ahead of zinch or cancelo at LB.

Not sure about that Zinch is a Mf it shows when he is targeted, an Ex Swansea aged him by 10 years, he was ripped to bits that night. No Mendy is better than him ok he is a risk taker, but so are all Peps Fullbacks form Alves- Alba to now.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby stupot » Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:30 pm

Zinchenko played 14 times in the Prem last season, Mendy 10 so there wasn't that much difference in games played.
Mendy frustrates the hell out of me but he's still far better than Zinch for me who i've never seen put a fair tackle in.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:36 pm

stupot wrote:Zinchenko played 14 times in the Prem last season, Mendy 10 so there wasn't that much difference in games played.
Mendy frustrates the hell out of me but he's still far better than Zinch for me who i've never seen put a fair tackle in.

Mendy should meet Richard Edgehill, he could offer him tips on how to deal with being a scapegoat.Some of the comments are laughable. We win in Madrid but we have to have a moan up, maybe some of the posters are journos posing as fans.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:39 pm

Mase wrote:
sheblue wrote:I agree he didnt play his best game last night. But he is better than zinch, especially going forward. Zinch is a nice lad nice footballer but too nice for this game, too nice for this level.

We also won everything last year with Zinch at LB. How has Mendy improved us? Genuine question.

Zinch ran 50 yards on a yellow ! did fuck all but wave his hands about and got a second yellow. That is a clown, good lad decent player but acted like a cock and got sent off causing the roof to fall in. Does he get the shit Mendy does. Does he bollocks.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Nick » Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:51 pm

Bluemoon4610 wrote:

He was wank first half. Like sending off/ hawled off levels. When I saw dinho coming on I thought it was for mendy.

Assume you were in Madrid;)
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby salford city » Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:55 pm

Mendy surprised me last night. I thought Real may have targeted him once he got the yellow. Had a bad 10 mins in the first half but was largely untroubled in the 2nd half. I'm not his biggest fan, but he is better at LB than Zinch
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:02 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
Mase wrote:

Zinch ran 50 yards on a yellow ! did fuck all but wave his hands about and got a second yellow. That is a clown, good lad decent player but acted like a cock and got sent off causing the roof to fall in. Does he get the shit Mendy does. Does he bollocks.

What a crock of shite Hazy

He made more tackles than anyone else and played unbelievably well - he got sent off due to the other dick head and he had no chocie but to bring that player down.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:09 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
Mase wrote:

He made more tackles than anyone else and played unbelievably well - he got sent off due to the other dick head and he had no chocie but to bring that player down.

on the half way line are you having a laugh. Players mis-place passes as Souness said stand up he is miles from goals and Winks cannot run !
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:10 pm

salford city wrote:Mendy surprised me last night. I thought Real may have targeted him once he got the yellow. Had a bad 10 mins in the first half but was largely untroubled in the 2nd half. I'm not his biggest fan, but he is better at LB than Zinch

Someone else saw what I saw.

They hardly attacked down that side, no idea why.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:11 pm

The way those balls kept bouncing off him was a joy to watch.

P.S Did you fall off a couch/sofa when you were a kid whilst watching a football match on Telly ? the hatred you have for people who sit on couches/sofas/chairs /settees whilst watching footy is borderline mental illness.

Do you have anything against bean bags ? - I'm just curious.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:16 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
Mase wrote:

on the half way line are you having a laugh. Players mis-place passes as Souness said stand up he is miles from goals and Winks cannot run !

Correction Hazy, 10 yards inside their own half. Good on Zinch acknowledgeding he fucked up and publically apologising though.

Can only imagine the reaction had it been Mendy.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum