5 Star Foden

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

5 Star Foden

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:50 pm

No matter how this player plays the Manager will not commit to playing him as a regular starter ahead of David Silva who he still rates as one of the best in the world.

The 19-year-old has only started two Premier League games this season – meaning Pep Guardiola will have to speed up his development if he is to force his way into the Euros.

But City’s manager refused to offer any assurances, even after his outstanding display in City’s 2-1 win against Aston Villa.

“It’s a reality,” he said. “Unfortunately for him he fights against one of the best in the world in his position, but in training he’s incredible and always ready.

“We can count on him to play wider or inside and he is ready to compete.”

Foden was deployed on the right of a three behind Sergio Aguero at Wembley – hurting Villa with his runs from deep.

He’s most commonly been used in left midfield by Guardiola, who considers him the long-term replacement for the departing David Silva.

Baldie is as clueless , on this issue , as some fans are on this site, if he genuinely thinks David Silva is world class this season and should be playing ahead of Foden.....hes off his fuckign head!!!. Foden had one bad game all season but has starred in all the cameo roles he has played in and yesterday was no surprise to me and Im sure its no surprise to the majority of City fans all around the world.

He has to play more !

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2020/03/0 ... ton-villa/
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Re: 5 Star Foden

Postby Mase » Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:25 pm

People can say Sancho was a twat - that’s irrelevant, he’s absolutely smashing it and showing what can happen when a good kid is given a chance.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:09 pm

Mase wrote:People can say Sancho was a twat - that’s irrelevant, he’s absolutely smashing it and showing what can happen when a good kid is given a chance.

He was Mase it's a fact. Would love him back, but he left mate, he had his head turned, treated the club to a piss poor departure when he had no need too. Who knows how it would have played out

I say Foden-time is here, But we are seeing the end of the greatest Player in City's History for me, not some average Joe. I trust Pep Chill it's Monday and we have another Trophy. Phil was M.O.M Happy days ALL ROUND lets enjoy both and say a respectful good bye to Merlin as Phil takes the plaudits, And BTW Silva is Foden's hero
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:27 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
Mase wrote:People can say Sancho was a twat - that’s irrelevant, he’s absolutely smashing it and showing what can happen when a good kid is given a chance.

He was Mase it's a fact. Would love him back, but he left mate, he had his head turned, treated the club to a piss poor departure when he had no need too. Who knows how it would have played out

I say Foden-time is here, But we are seeing the end of the greatest Player in City's History for me, not some average Joe. I trust Pep Chill it's Monday and we have another Trophy. Phil was M.O.M Happy days ALL ROUND lets enjoy both and say a respectful good bye to Merlin as Phil takes the plaudits, And BTW Silva is Foden's hero

Foden time was here a while ago Hazy and Ive been banging this drum for months , as have most City fans....but there were fans like yourself and John who reckoned Foden should be on the bench behind more senior players and you couldn't be more wrong...just because PeP decided it doesn't make him right !

Fodens performance yesterday put paid to that !

RE Sanchez - can you show me the written or video evidence that says he had a bad attitude ? I for one do not know that as a fact ....please share with us your evidence and Ill happily agree with you.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dimples » Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:27 pm

Hazy2 wrote:

I can understand the frustration re Foden and his playing time and I understand Sancho appears to be in a better position at the moment, etc...
But these are still very young players, both under 20, still developing physically and it is the long term that is important, not the here and now.
it is way to soon to make judgement that Sancho did the right thing by forcing a move and that Foden is wasting time by staying.

Foden is being protected, educated and groomed for the future - a long term investment.
Sancho is being run into the ground at 19 - looks like nobody is looking out for him long term.
I prefer the way Foden is being handled.

I think Foden has made the correct choices but the judgement call on both players careers cannot be made until they are around 26.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby ruralblue » Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:27 pm

Defo think he should be ahead of Silva in the games where we need energy and speed. Fodens enthusiasm and energy show he's going to push himself that extra mile for the club. Fantastic ball control and prepared to take players on at speed.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:36 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

Foden time was here a while ago Hazy and Ive been banging this drum for months , as have most City fans....but there were fans like yourself and John who reckoned Foden should be on the bench behind more senior players and you couldn't be more wrong...just because PeP decided it doesn't make him right !

RE Sanchez - can you show me the written or video evidence that says he had a bad attitude ? I for one do not know that as a fact ....please share with us your evidence and Ill happily agree with you.

Foden was fantastic v Villa. On Sancho I an not doing your homework for you Carl.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:38 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

Foden was fantastic v Villa. On Sancho I an not doing your homework for you Carl.

Thats because there is no evidence Hazy !! perception is one thing and reality the other !!
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:39 pm

Dimples wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

I can understand the frustration re Foden and his playing time and I understand Sancho appears to be in a better position at the moment, etc...
But these are still very young players, both under 20, still developing physically and it is the long term that is important, not the here and now.
it is way to soon to make judgement that Sancho did the right thing by forcing a move and that Foden is wasting time by staying.

Foden is being protected, educated and groomed for the future - a long term investment.
Sancho is being run into the ground at 19 - looks like nobody is looking out for him long term.
I prefer the way Foden is being handled.

I think Foden has made the correct choices but the judgement call on both players careers cannot be made until they are around 26.

https://www.adifferentleague.co.uk/2020 ... hil-foden/
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Sideshow Bob » Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:39 pm

idk about anything else but i do know silva was utter dogsh1t yesterday. and yet pep will continue to play him through this season and likely into next if pep has his way.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:43 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:idk about anything else but i do know silva was utter dogsh1t yesterday. and yet pep will continue to play him through this season and likely into next if pep has his way.

When you play the CL you cannot afford to have any weak link anywhere against these top teams but if we have a weak midfield then I reckon we wont have a chance of winning it.

You are correct in that PeP will 100% play David ahead of Foden every time unless David is injured.

Its a sad and totally nonsensical decision to take.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:56 pm

Peps take on Jadon Sancho, I know it will not help you Carl, And As i said it is Foden Time. You have got the Pep stick out of your arse from your Madrid meltdown ! So here goes. I did my best to find it just for you BTW X Pep Guardiola left puzzled by Jadon Sancho's decision to leave Manchester City for Borussia Dortmund
Save
Jadon Sancho turned his back on Manchester City to sign with German giants Borussia Dortmund
Jadon Sancho turned his back on Manchester City to sign with German giants Borussia Dortmund CREDIT: ALEXANDRE SIMOES/BORUSSIA DORTMUND

James Ducker
8 SEPTEMBER 2017 • 10:30PM
Follow
Pep Guardiola has accused Jadon Sancho of reneging on a verbal agreement to sign a professional contract with Manchester City, but admitted the England Under-17 winger will have more chance of playing first team football at Borussia Dortmund this season.

Sancho rejected an eye-watering £30,000 a week offer from City to join Dortmund last week in a projected £10 million deal, but Guardiola claimed the club could not have done more to try to keep one of their outstanding academy prospects.

Guardiola said he had “shaken hands” with Sancho on a deal that would have made him the club’s highest paid academy player only for the 17-year-old to tell him he wanted to leave City before the club’s pre-season tour of the US, which prompted the manager to omit the youngster from the travelling party.

As revealed by the Telegraph, Sancho reacted by failing to turn up for training for several weeks prior to his move to Dortmund, who have paid an initial £8 million for the player and agreed to City having a substantial sell-on clause.

It is understood that several agents were trying to muscle in on the deal, which complicated negotiations, something Guardiola appeared to hint at when he referenced how City had talks with the player’s “managers and the other managers”.

Pep Guardiola was left unimpressed by Sancho's decision to leave City
Pep Guardiola was left unimpressed by Sancho's decision to leave City CREDIT: OLI SCARFF/AFP

Follow your club now for first access to all our news, views and analysis

Man City
Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Barcelona and Red Bull Leipzig were among the overseas clubs that vied for Sancho’s signature, with City opposed to selling the teenager to Premier League rivals such as Manchester United, Arsenal and Spurs, who had requested Sancho as part of the deal that took England right back Kyle Walker to City.

City have had a poor record of blooding young players in their first team since the Abu Dhabi takeover in 2008 and Guardiola accepted that Sancho believes he has a better chance of playing at Dortmund. But he is adamant the club could not have made more of an effort to keep him and is disappointed the winger decided to leave.

“We did absolutely everything but I think it was not [about] the salary, maybe he thought he would get more minutes at Dortmund and I can understand that,” the City manager said.

Sancho was highly rated at City and was wanted by a host of Europe's top clubs, including Real Madrid and Barcelona
Sancho was highly rated at City and was wanted by a host of Europe's top clubs, including Real Madrid and Barcelona CREDIT: ANDREW MATTHEWS/PA
“He visualized that he will play more than here. I don’t know what will happen. We will see because in the end [young players] have to show on the pitch their quality.

“But he has to know, the family has to know and especially the managers have to know we had a lot of confidence in him. We put a lot of confidence in him, like we did with [Phil] Foden and Brahim [Diaz] and other guys to help them to grow up from here. But at the end when they don’t want to stay, there is nothing to say.

“There are two sides to the decision and if one side doesn’t want it, it doesn’t want. We arrived at an agreement with Sancho, we shake our hands [on a deal], so we offered him a huge deal in terms of the salary. Even after when they say ‘No’, we met the father and the managers, and the other managers, and with him, but if the player says ‘No, no, no, no, no’, what can we do?”

Guardiola said he thought he had agreed a deal with Sancho and was then disappointed when the player said he wanted to leave and equally dismayed that he failed to show for training on so many occasions after being omitted from the US tour squad.

“We shake our hands and after that, before we went to the States, he decided, or the managers decided, ‘I am not going to sign the contract’,” Guardiola said.

“We said, ‘OK, you are not going to travel to the States because if you are not going to sign the contract, you are going to stay here’, and after that for the last two or three weeks he didn’t appear in the training sessions. He should come but he didn’t. I said, ‘Where are you?’

“All I can say is big luck to him because he has a huge talent, he will be good for the England teams but it’s the decision of the player. We tried absolutely everything to help them to play with us and he wanted to play in the first team.

“I said, ‘OK, you are going to train with us, if you win you are going to play or not, because in the high level it depends on your quality’ but in the end he moved on to Dortmund.

“We cannot control that. There were many teams interested in him because he is a huge talent. That is why we offered him the best contract possible to continue with us but he decided to move on and with that we cannot fight. I wish him all the best and hopefully we can play them in the Champions League.”

Guardiola was keen for Sancho to test himself against the best City had to offer and insisted he would never guarantee any player game time.

“I cannot assure even the best players we have, like Sergio [Aguero] and other ones, that they are going to play. I never did. I am not going to tell you, ‘I assure you, you will play all the games in the season’ [in order] to sign the contract. I would be a liar.

“You offer a guy who is 17 years old … you start the phase where you duel with Kyle Walker, with [Benjamin] Mendy, with [Vincent] Kompany and we will see what is your level, your dribbling, when you are going to play against all the full backs in the Premier League.

“That is what we believe is the next step, but he decided to move on, and the player does not want to stay.”
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby bigblue » Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:05 pm

Pretty stupid for people to slate Pep for not playing Foden enough and hindering his development when we're seeing him improve in every game he plays. Still only 19
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Mase » Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:14 pm

My post hasn’t mentioned Foden being at the wrong club, or a dig at Pep.

It’s quite clear I’m saying when a kid that’s good enough is given a chance they are able to absolutely smash it.
Last edited by Mase on Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:21 pm

Mase wrote:

My post hasn’t mentioned Foden being at the wrong club, or a dig at Pep.

It’s quite clear I’m saying when a kid that’s good enough it’s given a chance they are able to absolutely smash it.

Pep masterclass twice in a few days. Phil out wide who knew ! Pep is on another level just Like Silva HAS been, This is all piss and wind we have another Trophy fellas.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby brite blu sky » Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:09 pm

I agree with Carl on this but i would express it in a different way.

For starters it is necessary to side step the personality clashes on this site, with posters either pro or against others. - usual suspects - cunts etc.

For me Foden should have been playing more.. maybe taking DS place more or someone elses. I do think some care with him is justified, a lot of kids have potential and a lot dont get to end product.

regards Sancho, he was probably justified to go and get game time, you cant blame him tbh - but this is the point i think is key for me, the club's approach is questionable... Pep may make that worse, maybe he just buys into the clubs approach. As a club we haven't given enough opportunity for academy players to come in and properly challenge the players that we have bought in. So i'm saying the culture at City is the problem, sticking with players we have bought. Pep has a massive role in that, but i suspect the club hierarchy are just as bad.
If the club were banging on all the time about getting academy players into the team then the manager would feel that pressure and have to respond.

If you imagine for a minute what Foden and Sancho with KDB and Bernardo would be like together in the same team playing regularly then it says it all really.

So there is definitely a latency about the club regards challenging established players and that has been the case for longer than Pep being here. The club need to change that otherwise we will continue to lose talent rather than employ it.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Mase » Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:23 pm

brite blu sky wrote:I agree with Carl on this but i would express it in a different way.

For starters it is necessary to side step the personality clashes on this site, with posters either pro or against others. - usual suspects - cunts etc.

For me Foden should have been playing more.. maybe taking DS place more or someone elses. I do think some care with him is justified, a lot of kids have potential and a lot dont get to end product.

regards Sancho, he was probably justified to go and get game time, you cant blame him tbh - but this is the point i think is key for me, the club's approach is questionable... Pep may make that worse, maybe he just buys into the clubs approach. As a club we haven't given enough opportunity for academy players to come in and properly challenge the players that we have bought in. So i'm saying the culture at City is the problem, sticking with players we have bought. Pep has a massive role in that, but i suspect the club hierarchy are just as bad.
If the club were banging on all the time about getting academy players into the team then the manager would feel that pressure and have to respond.

If you imagine for a minute what Foden and Sancho with KDB and Bernardo would be like together in the same team playing regularly then it says it all really.

So there is definitely a latency about the club regards challenging established players and that has been the case for longer than Pep being here. The club need to change that otherwise we will continue to lose talent rather than employ it.

Spot on.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:03 pm

When Messi made his debut aged 16 Frank Rikyard said he looks promising but this is Barca so we will see. At the same age Sancho was surrounded by agents and sitting on an offer of 30K a week, with no intentions of staying. Brave but also similar to Daniel Sturridge. I want it now or else i Agree with what Brite said we can improve but players cannot at 16//17 dictate to any club good enough or read or not, who knows at 16 to get into any City side over the past 10 years are few and far between we have a true Blue who stayed and one who said no I am off, loved watching Sancho, we moved on so did he, sadly it is a numbers game City have thousands of kids over full of promise. How many make it.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:08 pm

Hazy2 wrote:Peps take on Jadon Sancho, I know it will not help you Carl, And As i said it is Foden Time. You have got the Pep stick out of your arse from your Madrid meltdown ! So here goes. I did my best to find it just for you BTW X Pep Guardiola left puzzled by Jadon Sancho's decision to leave Manchester City for Borussia Dortmund
Save
Jadon Sancho turned his back on Manchester City to sign with German giants Borussia Dortmund
Jadon Sancho turned his back on Manchester City to sign with German giants Borussia Dortmund CREDIT: ALEXANDRE SIMOES/BORUSSIA DORTMUND

James Ducker
8 SEPTEMBER 2017 • 10:30PM
Follow
Pep Guardiola has accused Jadon Sancho of reneging on a verbal agreement to sign a professional contract with Manchester City, but admitted the England Under-17 winger will have more chance of playing first team football at Borussia Dortmund this season.

Sancho rejected an eye-watering £30,000 a week offer from City to join Dortmund last week in a projected £10 million deal, but Guardiola claimed the club could not have done more to try to keep one of their outstanding academy prospects.

Guardiola said he had “shaken hands” with Sancho on a deal that would have made him the club’s highest paid academy player only for the 17-year-old to tell him he wanted to leave City before the club’s pre-season tour of the US, which prompted the manager to omit the youngster from the travelling party.

As revealed by the Telegraph, Sancho reacted by failing to turn up for training for several weeks prior to his move to Dortmund, who have paid an initial £8 million for the player and agreed to City having a substantial sell-on clause.

It is understood that several agents were trying to muscle in on the deal, which complicated negotiations, something Guardiola appeared to hint at when he referenced how City had talks with the player’s “managers and the other managers”.

Pep Guardiola was left unimpressed by Sancho's decision to leave City
Pep Guardiola was left unimpressed by Sancho's decision to leave City CREDIT: OLI SCARFF/AFP

Follow your club now for first access to all our news, views and analysis

Man City
Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Barcelona and Red Bull Leipzig were among the overseas clubs that vied for Sancho’s signature, with City opposed to selling the teenager to Premier League rivals such as Manchester United, Arsenal and Spurs, who had requested Sancho as part of the deal that took England right back Kyle Walker to City.

City have had a poor record of blooding young players in their first team since the Abu Dhabi takeover in 2008 and Guardiola accepted that Sancho believes he has a better chance of playing at Dortmund. But he is adamant the club could not have made more of an effort to keep him and is disappointed the winger decided to leave.

“We did absolutely everything but I think it was not [about] the salary, maybe he thought he would get more minutes at Dortmund and I can understand that,” the City manager said.

Sancho was highly rated at City and was wanted by a host of Europe's top clubs, including Real Madrid and Barcelona
Sancho was highly rated at City and was wanted by a host of Europe's top clubs, including Real Madrid and Barcelona CREDIT: ANDREW MATTHEWS/PA
“He visualized that he will play more than here. I don’t know what will happen. We will see because in the end [young players] have to show on the pitch their quality.

“But he has to know, the family has to know and especially the managers have to know we had a lot of confidence in him. We put a lot of confidence in him, like we did with [Phil] Foden and Brahim [Diaz] and other guys to help them to grow up from here. But at the end when they don’t want to stay, there is nothing to say.

“There are two sides to the decision and if one side doesn’t want it, it doesn’t want. We arrived at an agreement with Sancho, we shake our hands [on a deal], so we offered him a huge deal in terms of the salary. Even after when they say ‘No’, we met the father and the managers, and the other managers, and with him, but if the player says ‘No, no, no, no, no’, what can we do?”

Guardiola said he thought he had agreed a deal with Sancho and was then disappointed when the player said he wanted to leave and equally dismayed that he failed to show for training on so many occasions after being omitted from the US tour squad.

“We shake our hands and after that, before we went to the States, he decided, or the managers decided, ‘I am not going to sign the contract’,” Guardiola said.

“We said, ‘OK, you are not going to travel to the States because if you are not going to sign the contract, you are going to stay here’, and after that for the last two or three weeks he didn’t appear in the training sessions. He should come but he didn’t. I said, ‘Where are you?’

“All I can say is big luck to him because he has a huge talent, he will be good for the England teams but it’s the decision of the player. We tried absolutely everything to help them to play with us and he wanted to play in the first team.

“I said, ‘OK, you are going to train with us, if you win you are going to play or not, because in the high level it depends on your quality’ but in the end he moved on to Dortmund.

“We cannot control that. There were many teams interested in him because he is a huge talent. That is why we offered him the best contract possible to continue with us but he decided to move on and with that we cannot fight. I wish him all the best and hopefully we can play them in the Champions League.”

Guardiola was keen for Sancho to test himself against the best City had to offer and insisted he would never guarantee any player game time.

“I cannot assure even the best players we have, like Sergio [Aguero] and other ones, that they are going to play. I never did. I am not going to tell you, ‘I assure you, you will play all the games in the season’ [in order] to sign the contract. I would be a liar.

“You offer a guy who is 17 years old … you start the phase where you duel with Kyle Walker, with [Benjamin] Mendy, with [Vincent] Kompany and we will see what is your level, your dribbling, when you are going to play against all the full backs in the Premier League.

“That is what we believe is the next step, but he decided to move on, and the player does not want to stay.”

This is PePs opinion Hazy and we all know what he says is not what he does so Ill take his opinion on the JS leaving with a pinch of salt , Id imagine there is some truth in it but there are always 2 sides to a story and Id like to hear Jadon's version of why he left.....is there one ?
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:39 pm

Let’s be fair Carl 2 mill a year give or take for a kid who was 16 when the club not Pep were determined to get him strapped in before Pep left Bayern
Phill is different gravy he was living the dream as a blue, all clubs the homegrown are easy to keep stable .Your right as Brute is we need to secure the best, Jadons side of it would be interesting, however I think our club is the best run club in world sport, but this one was not in our control. Clubs lose diamonds Think Chelsea with KDB and Salah, the scum had Martinelli at the swamp 4x he joined Arsenal.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum