Coronavirus - Should Sporting Events Be Cancelled?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

How should we deal with the rest of the season?

Continue as normal, evaluate along the way.
16%
Just ban the older supporters from games.
2%
Play games behind closed doors, games to be shown on a TV.
7%
Postpone games until it all blows over.
18%
Cancel the season and let the current results stand.
5%
Cancel the season in its entirety.
52%

Total votes : 61

Re: Coronavirus - Should Sporting Events Be Cancelled?

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:31 pm

budfox wrote:I'm probably inclined to agree that City should concede the title because we'll always have the "didn't really win it" position to fall back on.

Imagine over the coming years every set of opposing fans at bin dipper games singing

"You never won on your own...
No you ne-ver won, on your own
You ne-ver won..
On your own"

I would not concede the time of fucking day to those subhuman fucking pond life this is a club that has collectively-:
Organised a campaign to discredit our club
Influenced with the help of the media to get EUFA to ban us for two fucking years
Hacked into our IT scouting system
Violently attacked our team/staff bus causing irreparable damage, and upset the players focus on a important CL game.

There is no way any city fan should concede anything to these lowlife self entitled bigoted anti english scum bags :mrgreen:
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby nottsblue » Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:52 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:
budfox wrote:I'm probably inclined to agree that City should concede the title because we'll always have the "didn't really win it" position to fall back on.

Imagine over the coming years every set of opposing fans at bin dipper games singing

You ne-ver won..
On your own"

I would not concede the time of fucking day to those subhuman fucking pond life this is a club that has collectively-:
Influenced with the help of the media to get EUFA to ban us for two fucking years
Violently attacked our team/staff bus causing irreparable damage, and upset the players focus on a important CL game.

There is no way any city fan should concede anything to these lowlife self entitled bigoted anti english scum bags :mrgreen:

Agreed Harry. I wouldn’t give any of them the proverbial steam off my piss
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Tim777 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:27 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Harry Dowd scored wrote:

You ne-ver won..
On your own"

This ^^
I wouldn't advocate conceding even a potplant to those cheats. Ever.
Tim777
Superman's Underpants

Postby zuricity » Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:40 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Harry Dowd scored wrote:

You ne-ver won..
On your own"

Even better , i wouldn't give 'em the steam off your piss.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:53 am

i don’t think that there will be another ball kicked this side of xmas.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Michigan Blue » Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:20 am

Once it becomes apparent that the season will be abandoned, the pressure from everyone (LFC, football authorities, media, etc.) will be absolutely immense on City to concede the title. We are kingmakers and no one else in this situation.

I would expect if we drag our heels or downright refuse, we can expect escalating physical violence from Dipper fans, which is reason enough not to concede the title.
"Certainly our programme is a full one, but as a player and as a manager I've always felt that there is only one way to go into a season...and that's to try to win every game.... While we are in four major competitions we shall try to win four major competitions." - Joe Mercer
Michigan Blue
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby Paul68 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:40 am

Michigan Blue wrote:Once it becomes apparent that the season will be abandoned, the pressure from everyone (LFC, football authorities, media, etc.) will be absolutely immense on City to concede the title. We are kingmakers and no one else in this situation.

I would expect if we drag our heels or downright refuse, we can expect escalating physical violence from Dipper fans, which is reason enough not to concede the title.

This should never ever happen.
Dippers are hitting a poor form run.
It's possible we could still win it. :D
Just one of the many permutations that will affect every team.
Too many to work out to everyone's satisfaction..... impossible in fact.
Answer: = <insert yours here>
Fyi: my answer is it just stops as is. No one relegated or promoted. No champions. Tough but the only fair way. We start again next season.
I wish there was a way to know you are in the good old days....before you've actually left them...
Paul68
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: All the 17-18!

Postby zuricity » Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:22 am

jimmygrimble2 wrote:
Michigan Blue wrote:Once it becomes apparent that the season will be abandoned, the pressure from everyone (LFC, football authorities, media, etc.) will be absolutely immense on City to concede the title. We are kingmakers and no one else in this situation.

This should never ever happen.
Dippers are hitting a poor form run.
It's possible we could still win it. :D
Just one of the many permutations that will affect every team.
Too many to work out to everyone's satisfaction..... impossible in fact.
Answer: = <insert yours here>
Fyi: my answer is it just stops as is. No one relegated or promoted. No champions. Tough but the only fair way. We start again next season.

Exactly, has any promotion or relegation been confirmed in any of the other lower leagues yet ?
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby zuricity » Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:28 am

Trouble afoot at FIFA , when Raiola says Infantino had to leave the last Meeting in Marocco otherwise he would have been Lynched !

Now, conveniently, he has rescheduled another African congress meeting until September and next meeting on 20th March is cancelled!

It was a video conference anyway :lol:

Seems he's got it all wrong trying to get the World club competition off the ground - anyway he's almost in hiding.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:12 am

zuricity wrote:Trouble afoot at FIFA , when Raiola says Infantino had to leave the last Meeting in Marocco otherwise he would have been Lynched !

Now, conveniently, he has rescheduled another African congress meeting until September and next meeting on 20th March is cancelled!

It was a video conference anyway :lol:

Seems he's got it all wrong trying to get the World club competition off the ground - anyway he's almost in hiding.

He’s just self-isolating.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:46 pm

The pro dipper narrative is beginning to open up with its main armaments, Oliver (the twat) Holt has written a “Liverpool are 25 points clear it’s their title” lead column supporting the dippers, saying they deserve it, freeze the league as it is and determine European places and relegation to teams in there positions, so Villa, Bournemouth and Norwich are relegated, they would be the collateral damage in order to award dippers the title. Well I bet that will not go down well at Villa who have a game in hand.
This narrative will get more powerful as time progresses this is the usual Machiavellian method used in today’s society, keep telling the proletariat the same thing until it becomes fact, just watch this develop, you heard it here first.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Mase » Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:50 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:The pro dipper narrative is beginning to open up with its main armaments, Oliver (the twat) Holt has written a “Liverpool are 25 points clear it’s their title” lead column supporting the dippers, saying they deserve it, freeze the league as it is and determine European places and relegation to teams in there positions, so Villa, Bournemouth and Norwich are relegated, they would be the collateral damage in order to award dippers the title. Well I bet that will not go down well at Villa who have a game in hand.
This narrative will get more powerful as time progresses this is the usual Machiavellian method used in today’s society, keep telling the proletariat the same thing until it becomes fact, just watch this develop, you heard it here first.

Imagine if the league listened to Oliver Holt rather than actual experts haha. Class.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby zuricity » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:04 pm

Mase wrote:
Harry Dowd scored wrote:The pro dipper narrative is beginning to open up with its main armaments, Oliver (the twat) Holt has written a “Liverpool are 25 points clear it’s their title” lead column supporting the dippers, saying they deserve it, freeze the league as it is and determine European places and relegation to teams in there positions, so Villa, Bournemouth and Norwich are relegated, they would be the collateral damage in order to award dippers the title. Well I bet that will not go down well at Villa who have a game in hand.

Imagine if the league listened to Oliver Holt rather than actual experts haha. Class.

This narrative will not get anymore powerful at all. Holt is just speculating . None of the teams except scouse will accept their current positions as final and most certainly not the Rags.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:13 pm

If Villa won their game in hand they would be out if bottom three, can’t see them accepting that. There is loads more at stake across the game than whether dippers win the title.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:23 pm

Mase wrote:

Just out of interest, who are these experts? Also do we as a fan base not complain of the influence the media have on decisions made by so called experts?
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Mase » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:29 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:
Mase wrote:

Just out of interest, who are these experts? Also do we as a fan base not complain of the influence the media have on decisions made by so called experts?

Absolutely anyone in the world other than Holt.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby City64 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:34 pm

Holt is a bell end but during the last few days it has become clear to these self serving bell end "journos" that the bin dippers are universally hated so the pro dipper narrative is being cranked up by the likes of Holt and other click bait seeking pro dipper bell ends . Carraghers constant pathetic crying plea on twitter is a fucking embarrassment to human society and highlights what an utter bunch of self important arrogant horrible bastards dippers are . Lastly and more importantly the PL and FA are well aware of huge legal implications forthcoming for teams in current relegation and promotion positions . The easiest option by far is to null and void the season .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:35 pm

Mase wrote:
Harry Dowd scored wrote:
Mase wrote:

Absolutely anyone in the world other than Holt.

Haha, add that prick Ian Herbert to that comment
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:36 pm

City64 wrote:

Holt is a bell end but during the last few days it has become clear to these self serving bell end "journos" that the bin dippers are universally hated so the pro dipper narrative is being cranked up by the likes of Holt and other click bait seeking pro dipper bell ends . Carraghers constant pathetic crying plea on twitter is a fucking embarrassment to human society and highlights what an utter bunch of self important arrogant horrible bastards dippers are . Lastly and more importantly the PL and FA are well aware of huge legal implications forthcoming for teams in current relegation and promotion positions . The easiest option by far is to null and void the season .

Totally agree with this
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Dameerto » Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:31 pm

I can't see any alternative other than cancelling - assuming current 'expert' predictions about the spread of the virus in England prove to be true.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum