Coronavirus - Should Sporting Events Be Cancelled?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

How should we deal with the rest of the season?

Continue as normal, evaluate along the way.
16%
Just ban the older supporters from games.
2%
Play games behind closed doors, games to be shown on a TV.
7%
Postpone games until it all blows over.
18%
Cancel the season and let the current results stand.
5%
Cancel the season in its entirety.
52%

Total votes : 61

Re: Coronavirus - Should Sporting Events Be Cancelled?

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:36 pm

City64 wrote:
Harry Dowd scored wrote:The pro dipper narrative is beginning to open up with its main armaments, Oliver (the twat) Holt has written a “Liverpool are 25 points clear it’s their title” lead column supporting the dippers, saying they deserve it, freeze the league as it is and determine European places and relegation to teams in there positions, so Villa, Bournemouth and Norwich are relegated, they would be the collateral damage in order to award dippers the title. Well I bet that will not go down well at Villa who have a game in hand.
This narrative will get more powerful as time progresses this is the usual Machiavellian method used in today’s society, keep telling the proletariat the same thing until it becomes fact, just watch this develop, you heard it here first.

Holt is a bell end but during the last few days it has become clear to these self serving bell end "journos" that the bin dippers are universally hated so the pro dipper narrative is being cranked up by the likes of Holt and other click bait seeking pro dipper bell ends . Carraghers constant pathetic crying plea on twitter is a fucking embarrassment to human society and highlights what an utter bunch of self important arrogant horrible bastards dippers are . Lastly and more importantly the PL and FA are well aware of huge legal implications forthcoming for teams in current relegation and promotion positions . The easiest option by far is to null and void the season .

Totally agree with this
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Dameerto » Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:31 pm

I can't see any alternative other than cancelling - assuming current 'expert' predictions about the spread of the virus in England prove to be true.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:27 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:
City64 wrote:
Harry Dowd scored wrote:The pro dipper narrative is beginning to open up with its main armaments, Oliver (the twat) Holt has written a “Liverpool are 25 points clear it’s their title” lead column supporting the dippers, saying they deserve it, freeze the league as it is and determine European places and relegation to teams in there positions, so Villa, Bournemouth and Norwich are relegated, they would be the collateral damage in order to award dippers the title. Well I bet that will not go down well at Villa who have a game in hand.
This narrative will get more powerful as time progresses this is the usual Machiavellian method used in today’s society, keep telling the proletariat the same thing until it becomes fact, just watch this develop, you heard it here first.

Holt is a bell end but during the last few days it has become clear to these self serving bell end "journos" that the bin dippers are universally hated so the pro dipper narrative is being cranked up by the likes of Holt and other click bait seeking pro dipper bell ends . Carraghers constant pathetic crying plea on twitter is a fucking embarrassment to human society and highlights what an utter bunch of self important arrogant horrible bastards dippers are . Lastly and more importantly the PL and FA are well aware of huge legal implications forthcoming for teams in current relegation and promotion positions . The easiest option by far is to null and void the season .

Totally agree with this
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:15 pm

Fuck me I am told I have to self isolate because I am an old twat with a bad chest, means I cannot go and get some beer. Fucking brilliant, my only option is online, but all the slots are booked, think I’ll sneak out in a brown overcoat :lol: :lol: :lol:
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Postby CTID Hants » Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:47 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:Fuck me I am told I have to self isolate because I am an old twat with a bad chest, means I cannot go and get some beer. Fucking brilliant, my only option is online, but all the slots are booked, think I’ll sneak out in a brown overcoat :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am going stock day by day until they shut us down, I think an extra 8 cans a day should do the trick

On a more serious note, did your wife get her operation done yet?
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:00 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
Harry Dowd scored wrote:Fuck me I am told I have to self isolate because I am an old twat with a bad chest, means I cannot go and get some beer. Fucking brilliant, my only option is online, but all the slots are booked, think I’ll sneak out in a brown overcoat :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am going stock day by day until they shut us down, I think an extra 8 cans a day should do the trick

Yes thanks, we are waiting for results on Thursday to see if cancer was not in lynth nodes, which is crucial thanks again for thinking about us, you know it is fucking horrible at the moment
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:22 pm

Me mum and dad who are 75 and 77 are just driving through France after having toured Portugal , Italy and Spain are making a mad rush back home to Lincoln.

Talk about doing a fuckign tour of the Corona Virus hotspots in Europe !!!

Harry - settle down in your home and watch repeats of Dads Army for the next 4 months )))

Fingers crossed for your mrs
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:25 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Me mum and dad who are 75 and 77 are just driving through France after having toured Portugal , Italy and Spain are making a mad rush back home to Lincoln.

Harry - settle down in your home and watch repeats of Dads Army for the next 4 months )))

Thanks Carl, funny but I did watch dads army last night, so funny for me :lol:
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Postby nottsblue » Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:26 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:

Yes thanks, we are waiting for results on Thursday to see if cancer was not in lynth nodes, which is crucial thanks again for thinking about us, you know it is fucking horrible at the moment

Given how poorly your wife is chief, it wouldn’t be the worst advice for you to avoid public places for a while. You deffo don’t want her to catch Corona. And if you have a bad chest yourself the same goes for you. Take it easy pal, you need each other.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:30 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Harry Dowd scored wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:

Given how poorly your wife is chief, it wouldn’t be the worst advice for you to avoid public places for a while. You deffo don’t want her to catch Corona. And if you have a bad chest yourself the same goes for you. Take it easy pal, you need each other.

Wow thanks so much, you don’t know how much these kind messages mean to us, I will follow all the advice don’t worry about that, thanks again.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Postby nottsblue » Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:49 pm

Mangala who is now at Valencia has tested positive for Corona.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Green & Blue » Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:49 pm

Mangala and a few more Valencia players have tested positive.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:09 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Normally we live in Spain from May to September we have a Finca in monovar which is about 40 kilometres from alicante obviously we will not be able to go there this year, which is adding to the worry, ah well things can only get better
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Simister » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:11 pm

Has this been done?

Obnoxious arrogance.
Simister
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: SWP

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:11 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:i don’t think that there will be another ball kicked this side of xmas.

for anyone who thought i was over reacting....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... lised.html
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:41 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:i don’t think that there will be another ball kicked this side of xmas.

Coronavirus’s economic danger is exponentially greater than its health risks to the public. If the virus does directly affect your life, it is most likely to be through stopping you going to work, forcing your employer to make you redundant, or bankrupting your business.

On a personal note , I have just completed 3 P&L's with 3 possible scenarios and if the prognosis continues on its grim course next month I will have to reduce my HR by 25% and if the trend continues with no light at the end of the tunnel Ill be shaving the payroll by 75% !!

The economic impact might just kill more fucking people than the virus itself.

Is it madness to make the over 60,s and anyone else with health problems self isolate for x amount of time and the rest go back to work ?.
Until a vaccine is made available the odds are that we will all get it but it wont fuckign kill us and we will be back to work after x amount of time sick.

Locking up the economy will be catastrophic.

Can someone explain to me why this cannot work ?
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:22 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

Coronavirus’s economic danger is exponentially greater than its health risks to the public. If the virus does directly affect your life, it is most likely to be through stopping you going to work, forcing your employer to make you redundant, or bankrupting your business.

On a personal note , I have just completed 3 P&L's with 3 possible scenarios and if the prognosis continues on its grim course next month I will have to reduce my HR by 25% and if the trend continues with no light at the end of the tunnel Ill be shaving the payroll by 75% !!

Is it madness to make the over 60,s and anyone else with health problems self isolate for x amount of time and the rest go back to work ?.
Until a vaccine is made available the odds are that we will all get it but it wont fuckign kill us and we will be back to work after x amount of time sick.

just seen that the aussie exchange is down 7% in the first 90 mins of trading. tokyo opens in 40 mins...
i think the ftse could go sub 5k in the morning.
seriously grim times from an economic perspective on top of all the social concerns we all have.
stay safe guys.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby PeterParker » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:51 am

This is shit.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:09 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

just seen that the aussie exchange is down 7% in the first 90 mins of trading. tokyo opens in 40 mins...
i think the ftse could go sub 5k in the morning.
seriously grim times from an economic perspective on top of all the social concerns we all have.
stay safe guys.

ftse 8 fucking % down
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby BlueinBosnia » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:19 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Is it madness to make the over 60,s and anyone else with health problems self isolate for x amount of time and the rest go back to work ?.

Because the UK mentality is that - when (if) it's all over - some 68-year-old will claim it was discriminatory to allow younger people to work, and that it ruined their chances of promotion or their right to fair payment, it will end up at the European Court of Human Rights, where they'll get a multi-billion pound payout, and the company will go under anyway.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum