Coronavirus - Should Sporting Events Be Cancelled?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

How should we deal with the rest of the season?

Continue as normal, evaluate along the way.
16%
Just ban the older supporters from games.
2%
Play games behind closed doors, games to be shown on a TV.
7%
Postpone games until it all blows over.
18%
Cancel the season and let the current results stand.
5%
Cancel the season in its entirety.
52%

Total votes : 61

Re: Coronavirus - Should Sporting Events Be Cancelled?

Postby Dameerto » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:38 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52070969

Premier League, EFL & PFA say 'difficult decisions' to come for clubs

"Difficult decisions will have to be taken" to counter the financial impact of coronavirus on English football, say the Premier League, EFL and Professional Footballers' Association.
All games have been postponed until at least 30 April and will only resume "when it is safe and conditions allow".
A Premier League, EFL and PFA statement said their thoughts "continue to be with everyone affected by the virus".
"We have agreed to work together to arrive at shared solutions," it added.
Further meetings were set for next week "with a view to formulating a joint plan to deal with the difficult circumstances facing the leagues, their clubs, players, staff and fans".
Premier League clubs were already due to meet again on 3 April, when it is almost certain the current postponement of all matches until 30 April will be extended again.
That could take it past the official end of the EFL league season and towards the last round of Premier League fixtures, which was supposed to be on 17 May.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Dameerto » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:47 pm

Sounds to me like they're paving the way for cancelling the season.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:04 pm

Dameerto wrote:Sounds to me like they're paving the way for cancelling the season.

Sounds to me that they cant agree or haven't got a clue what to do :D :D
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Dameerto » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:40 pm

I think it's interesting that they have agreed to work together to find shared solutions. The Premier League won't be acting alone, and whatever happens to the old fourth division (current third division) will happen to the Premier League. I can smell a cancellation coming.
VIVA EL CITIES

Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby salford city » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:58 pm

Dameerto wrote:I think it's interesting that they have agreed to work together to find shared solutions. The Premier League won't be acting alone, and whatever happens to the old fourth division (current third division) will happen to the Premier League. I can smell a cancellation coming.

That's the way I am reading this too
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city

Postby Wonderwall » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:54 pm

Well played city. They have handed the Etihad over to the NHS. Excellent move from City, that's how to act like decent people.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby City64 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:03 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Well played city. They have handed the Etihad over to the NHS. Excellent move from City, that's how to act like decent people.

Wow just seen it on twitter .What a fucking football club .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby carolina-blue » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:09 pm

City64 wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:Well played city. They have handed the Etihad over to the NHS. Excellent move from City, that's how to act like decent people.

Wow just seen it on twitter .What a fucking football club .

Spin this you media Cunts
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby PeterParker » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:12 pm

Fantastic news. What a club, fellas, what a club.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Dameerto » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:14 pm

I love this fucking club.
VIVA EL CITIES

Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:15 pm

I take it they’ve given the Campus to the nurses for accommodation but how are they going to utilise the rest, it’s like a warren in the main stadium?

I wonder if they’re going to tent the pitch up?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Dameerto » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:16 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

I take it they’ve given the Campus to the nurses for accommodation but how are they going to utilise the rest, it’s like a warren in the main stadium?

I imagine there's tonnes of corporate shite that can be done there, training, 'awareness' bollox, briefings, etc.
VIVA EL CITIES

Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby City64 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:47 pm

Anfield overlooked as already disease ridden and ambulances would have been bricked ......
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:39 pm

Dameerto wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

I imagine there's tonnes of corporate shite that can be done there, training, 'awareness' bollox, briefings, etc.

It’s located fairly well as well. Just outside the City and could cover a lot of east Manchester. There’s space to get staff some well earned sleep as well as other facilities to cater for them.

There’s probably other uses for the stadium itself and it does get you thinking if we could use it again this season if the PL tried to force it.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dameerto » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:49 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Dameerto wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

It’s located fairly well as well. Just outside the City and could cover a lot of east Manchester. There’s space to get staff some well earned sleep as well as other facilities to cater for them.

There’s probably other uses for the stadium itself and it does get you thinking if we could use it again this season if the PL tried to force it.

Other clubs have done something similar, Norwich for example (mainly due to it being right next door to a hospital) - it all adds up, in my opinion, to the season having to be cancelled.
VIVA EL CITIES

Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby salford city » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:51 pm

There’s probably other uses for the stadium itself and it does get you thinking if we could use it again this season if the PL tried to force it.[/quote]

I reckon that could be us not only assisting the NHS but putting the stadium and campus in quarantine until next season - not that I think there is any chance of football before then in any case
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city

Postby Dameerto » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:24 pm

Football season 'could be lost' - Uefa

Football seasons around the world have been interrupted by the pandemic.
Now, with most leagues in Europe suspended, one of the continent's leading figures has warned that the current season could be lost entirely.
Uefa president Aleksander Ceferin has suggested that games could be played behind closed doors, but he warned the situation needs to be resolved before July.
"If we don't succeed in restarting, the season will probably be lost," the Slovenian said.
VIVA EL CITIES

Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:13 am

I was unsure of the veracity of the statement that City had given the stadium to the NHS due to the lack of credible reporting yesterday, and was waiting for the old snipes of ‘It was funded by the public, anyway’ by the bitter Rags and Dippers. What I didn’t expect was that sort of thing from the Head of Sport for a national newspaper:

Ogden Remark

And we wonder why there’s not too much positive press. Who in their right mind would issue a statement like that at a time like this.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby City64 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:42 am

Beefymcfc wrote:I was unsure of the veracity of the statement that City had given the stadium to the NHS due to the lack of credible reporting yesterday, and was waiting for the old snipes of ‘It was funded by the public, anyway’ by the bitter Rags and Dippers. What I didn’t expect was that sort of thing from the Head of Sport for a national newspaper:

Ogden Remark

And we wonder why there’s not too much positive press. Who in their right mind would issue a statement like that at a time like this.

What an absolute cunt Ogden is . He was quite rightly smashed to pieces on social media after his disgusting tweet . Just shows what horrible cunts in high places there are out there with the anti city agenda .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby nottsblue » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:17 am

City64 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:I was unsure of the veracity of the statement that City had given the stadium to the NHS due to the lack of credible reporting yesterday, and was waiting for the old snipes of ‘It was funded by the public, anyway’ by the bitter Rags and Dippers. What I didn’t expect was that sort of thing from the Head of Sport for a national newspaper:

Ogden Remark

What an absolute cunt Ogden is . He was quite rightly smashed to pieces on social media after his disgusting tweet . Just shows what horrible cunts in high places there are out there with the anti city agenda .

Would ban him for life from the Etihad for that
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum