PL Season to be suspended

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: PL Season to be suspended

Postby nottsblue » Fri May 08, 2020 7:47 am

PeterParker wrote:Sadly, I think that Bundesliga was the push EPL and UEFA needed for this. I am certain they will resume their competitions now.

It is really incredible that people are so stupid to see that they care zero about the fans. They got this shit and they are wrapping it in gold and telling the mass audience how this is best to bring football back.

It is all about the money. Simple.

Happy birthday PP.

Have a great day fella
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby PeterParker » Fri May 08, 2020 9:44 am

nottsblue wrote:
PeterParker wrote:Sadly, I think that Bundesliga was the push EPL and UEFA needed for this. I am certain they will resume their competitions now.

It is really incredible that people are so stupid to see that they care zero about the fans. They got this shit and they are wrapping it in gold and telling the mass audience how this is best to bring football back.

Happy birthday PP.

Have a great day fella

Thanks, Notts. Cheers!
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri May 08, 2020 8:24 pm

PeterParker wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Happy birthday PP.

Have a great day fella

Thanks, Notts. Cheers!

Yes, Happy birthday. Have a tomato to celebrate ;)
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby PeterParker » Sat May 09, 2020 10:05 am

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Happy birthday PP.

Have a great day fella

Thanks, Notts. Cheers!

Yes, Happy birthday. Have a tomato to celebrate ;)

:lol: cheers
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby CTID Hants » Sat May 09, 2020 10:43 am

Watford have joined Brighton and Aston Villa in opposing neutral grounds, EPL need 14 yes votes to push it through, another 4 teams need to object to overturn them.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby zuricity » Sat May 09, 2020 6:44 pm

Well , the German government said in the week Corona level had gone down to 0.6 . Today they announce it has shot up to 1.1 ! which apparently is not good at all!
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby PeterParker » Sat May 09, 2020 7:16 pm

zuricity wrote:Well , the German government said in the week Corona level had gone down to 0.6 . Today they announce it has shot up to 1.1 ! which apparently is not good at all!

South Korea orders bars and nightclubs to shut down again, for a further 30 days, after health officials tracked 13 new Covid-19 cases to a single person who attended five such establishments in Seoul.

The same weekend football restarted there.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby zuricity » Sat May 09, 2020 9:11 pm

Dynamo Dresden players have the virus - lockdown enforced.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sun May 10, 2020 10:07 am

zuricity wrote:Dynamo Dresden players have the virus - lockdown enforced.

Another Brighton player has just tested positive - we might be past the peak, but we're not in the clear yet.
Hutch's Shoulder

Postby Mase » Sun May 10, 2020 1:49 pm

Watford against restarting as well
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Hazy2 » Sun May 10, 2020 3:10 pm

Premier League PFA SKY are a disgrace. Detached from reality in the pursuit of £$¥€. The public should have a say.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby nottsblue » Sun May 10, 2020 4:43 pm

Hazy2 wrote:Premier League PFA SKY are a disgrace. Detached from reality in the pursuit of £$¥€. The public should have a say.

They are doing with the cancellations of Sky/BT subscriptions and will do with not renewing season tickets.

Once the bean counters cotton on to the realisation their products arent making them as much money and they have lost significant numbers of fans, some forever, then they will listen.

Of course, these money men are intrinsically greedy and probably won't realise until it's too late. But Joe Public will eventually have his say
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Michigan Blue » Sun May 10, 2020 4:47 pm

Just give the broadcasters what they want and play out the remaining Liverpool fixtures, with the Liverpool U21s in opposition kits, in front of a CGI Anfield. Dippers win the league with a records point haul and we all pretend that the soul of world football has been healed.

The most farcical outcome is the ideal outcome at this point. Just be as nakedly greedy and corrupt as possible, so that nobody can possibly pretend otherwise.
"Certainly our programme is a full one, but as a player and as a manager I've always felt that there is only one way to go into a season...and that's to try to win every game.... While we are in four major competitions we shall try to win four major competitions." - Joe Mercer
Michigan Blue
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sun May 10, 2020 6:48 pm

Michigan Blue wrote:Just give the broadcasters what they want and play out the remaining Liverpool fixtures, with the Liverpool U21s in opposition kits, in front of a CGI Anfield. Dippers win the league with a records point haul and we all pretend that the soul of world football has been healed.

The most farcical outcome is the ideal outcome at this point. Just be as nakedly greedy and corrupt as possible, so that nobody can possibly pretend otherwise.

I reckon it should just be penalty shootouts. Each team gets 5 pens, win and you get 3 points, draw and it's 1 point each - no sudden death. It's something that's been used in football before, you get 15-20 minute advert breaks between each 'match' (maybe even a sneaky advert between each pen, to maximise revenue), Liverpool get their tainted trophy, and the PL can deal with the legal fallout in exactly the same way as they're planning to for any other rule changes that they would otherwise implement.

Each team only needs to take 8 or 9 players, coaching can happen beforehand and remotely, only 3 match officials needed per game, no water bottles needed, no VAR crew, minimum Sky Sports entourage, zero contact between players. 600-ish people in 1 stadium for 5 days, followed by testing, 3 days of isolation, and re-testing.

Job done.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby CTID Hants » Sun May 10, 2020 7:29 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:
Michigan Blue wrote:Just give the broadcasters what they want and play out the remaining Liverpool fixtures, with the Liverpool U21s in opposition kits, in front of a CGI Anfield. Dippers win the league with a records point haul and we all pretend that the soul of world football has been healed.

I reckon it should just be penalty shootouts. Each team gets 5 pens, win and you get 3 points, draw and it's 1 point each - no sudden death. It's something that's been used in football before, you get 15-20 minute advert breaks between each 'match' (maybe even a sneaky advert between each pen, to maximise revenue), Liverpool get their tainted trophy, and the PL can deal with the legal fallout in exactly the same way as they're planning to for any other rule changes that they would otherwise implement.

Each team only needs to take 8 or 9 players, coaching can happen beforehand and remotely, only 3 match officials needed per game, no water bottles needed, no VAR crew, minimum Sky Sports entourage, zero contact between players. 600-ish people in 1 stadium for 5 days, followed by testing, 3 days of isolation, and re-testing.

Job done.

Hmm Ederson or Bravo :lol:

Now pick your 8 man squad, Sergio, oh hold on a minute :shock:
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sun May 10, 2020 7:39 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:

Job done.

To be honest, I don't think we should pick players for it. They should volunteer, and the PL should be responsible for their insurance.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sun May 10, 2020 8:11 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:

Job done.

To be honest, I don't think we should pick players for it. They should volunteer, and the PL should be responsible for their insurance.

Yaya and Balo on short-term loans?
Hutch's Shoulder

Postby City64 » Sun May 10, 2020 9:28 pm

It really is this simple , player power will prevent a ball being kicked this summer in the shambles that is the PL .
Player agent to player “there is nothing in your contract that states you have to play during covid 19 pandemic you need to protect your family “ ......player “ ok I am out for the season “ .

Game over !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Hazy2 » Mon May 11, 2020 5:39 am

According to reports City have flown Edd and Jesus back were they separated are they in Quarantine? Same with every Prem club. Football is away with fairies and greed overwhelming wins. I had hoped City would be refusing to tow any line with the SKY Scouse Scum led cunts, when will we learn that we will never be accepted and should hang the cunts out to dry every chance we get. Scousers care fuck all for anyone, Scum it’s meltdown without CL why help them when they are actively seeking to ruin us at every opportunity.31,00 plus deaths and they want testing for 8 games for the elite fuck all elite about Football it is showing its true colours.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby PaulPowersTash » Mon May 11, 2020 9:34 am

They have no intention of playing all of the games - none.
They just want to get the league positions sorted and they will then call it off
by saying it's not safe. They are 100% transparent.
PaulPowersTash
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum