PL Season to be suspended

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: PL Season to be suspended

Postby salford city » Mon May 11, 2020 11:41 am

PaulPowersTash wrote:They have no intention of playing all of the games - none.
They just want to get the league positions sorted and they will then call it off
by saying it's not safe. They are 100% transparent.

Looking at the table, only 2 points separate 18 up to14 so that will not get resolved any time after a restart?
It's one thing trying to get scouse the league mathematically but the full quota of 38 games will be necessary to determine pretty much all else and we have seen already that 3 teams have said no to neutral venues and that it has been taken off the agenda for the PL meeting today.
The PL is only interested in the cash and not having to pay back sponsors money. It stinks and the sooner they are held accountable and called out for it the better as it is seriously fucking a lot of previously die-hard matchday going fans
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Hazy2 » Tue May 12, 2020 6:39 am

salford city wrote:
PaulPowersTash wrote:They have no intention of playing all of the games - none.
They just want to get the league positions sorted and they will then call it off
by saying it's not safe. They are 100% transparent.

Looking at the table, only 2 points separate 18 up to14 so that will not get resolved any time after a restart?
It's one thing trying to get scouse the league mathematically but the full quota of 38 games will be necessary to determine pretty much all else and we have seen already that 3 teams have said no to neutral venues and that it has been taken off the agenda for the PL meeting today.
The PL is only interested in the cash and not having to pay back sponsors money. It stinks and the sooner they are held accountable and called out for it the better as it is seriously fucking a lot of previously die-hard matchday going fans

The YANK owned Scouse Cunts and the SCUM are thick as thieves behind the scenes the fans should catch on, the hostility they have is a joke to the $ lovers, we have nothing to lose by Giving them 2 fingers, which if we were on for the League would be the least the cartel would be doing. Gordon Fucking Taylor would be dancing to there tune,
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue May 12, 2020 7:02 am

I’ve read that the broadcasters aren’t going to pay the full package even if they get the game going again, meaning that clubs would only lose out on about 20 million if they didn’t play. Then you add-in neutral venues and lack of sponsorship surely it would be more costly for them to finish the league?

On top of that we’re back to COVID-nomics where the government have now confirmed that deaths are all part of the economic plan. This allows business to open and spread the virus a little more openly, so clubs will now be able to tell the broadcasters to fuck off as the R value grows.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby City64 » Tue May 12, 2020 9:50 am

Raheem Sterling makes a statement basically telling the PL to go fuck themselves in this current pandemic, player power has begun !
Respect Raheem !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby RodneyRodney » Tue May 12, 2020 11:08 am

Dr Anthony Fauci, the leading infectious diseases official in the United States, has said that contact sports like the NFL are a "perfect set-up for spreading" COVID-19.

"Sweat does not do it [spread COVID-19]," Dr Fauci said.

"This is a respiratory virus, so it's going to be spread by shedding virus. The problem with virus shedding is that if I have it in my nasal pharynx, and it sheds and I wipe my hand against my nose — now it's on my hand."You see, then I touch my chest or my thigh, then it's on my chest or my thigh for at least a few hours."I would think that if there is an infected football player on the field … whoever it is — as soon as they hit the next guy, the chances are that they will be shedding virus all over that person.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-05-12/dr-fauci-breaks-down-how-coronavirus-could-affect-contact-sports/12237244
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby Mase » Tue May 12, 2020 12:28 pm

Danny Rose - “Government is saying ‘bring football back’ because it is going to boost the nation’s morale. I don’t give a fuck about the nation’s morale, bro, people’s lives are at risk,” he said.
“Football shouldn’t even be spoke about coming back until the numbers [infected or dying] have dropped massively. It’s bollocks.”
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Tue May 12, 2020 12:59 pm

From the BBC:

‘ Meanwhile, new data from YouGov showed 73% of 2,098 British adults surveyed would not see the return of football as a boost to their morale, with 19% saying it would’

And:

‘The BBC understands the PFA has heard from a number of players, especially those who have underlying health conditions like asthma or are from black and minority ethnic (BAME) backgrounds, that they have real concerns about returning to playing.‘
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course

Postby Green & Blue » Tue May 12, 2020 1:20 pm

In the long run this big push to get football going again basically putting money before people’s welfare is only going to drive people away.

Enough fans are already disillusioned with the way football has gone and this will be the last straw.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby PeterParker » Tue May 12, 2020 7:32 pm

Did you lot seen this and what Borussia M did? https://www.thelocal.de/20200512/dont-s ... ga-restart

Is it just me or they are milking the fans for some extra cash, instead of doing themselves this, at least for the season ticket holders, they ask them to pay.

But still, great PR stunt.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby blues2win » Tue May 12, 2020 8:08 pm

PL really going all out to convince players its safe to restart. Advice is to turn your head away when tackled. WTAF.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby blues2win » Tue May 12, 2020 8:09 pm

blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby PeterParker » Tue May 12, 2020 8:15 pm

Why don't they dress up the players in astronauts kits? Each kit will have the color of their club.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby nottsblue » Tue May 12, 2020 8:38 pm

Just watched the tweet underneath that which showed us winning the title a year ago today at Brighton. Lovely
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue May 12, 2020 8:39 pm

There seems to be a different set of rules announced every day so I’m not sure if somebody is doing it for click-bait or the PL are that fucking daft. The problem is that the rest of the media jump on it until you get some cock coming on TalkSport and saying that it’s a good idea to turn your head away from a tackle, and this was an ex-player.

He was also asked about how fans would feel about it coming back and even though the small consensus was 70% against a return he argued that they had asked the wrong people and that if you asked season ticket holders then it would be 80-90% in favour of the sport returning. Now, this is an ex-PL who you would think would do a little homework. Even I, who has been quite busy of late, can spend a few minutes of my time trawling through a few fan sites to see the sentiment and in the majority of cases it’s been invariably a ‘No’.

To be fair, the presenter was very weary of continuing the line as it was so out of synch with reality, even stating that it wasn’t what he’d witnessed. But you can see why these people are brought on to toe the line that the media sets.

Here’s the reality, if you have to change the game so much to show the product then it’s no longer the product you should be showing, and definitely not the one that should be played when you have to contrive rules that are proving that the sport is not safe.

Whatever they do the virus will find away, that’s what it does. It may not be the young player that it affects but the impact will definitely be felt by their wider family.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Justified logic » Wed May 13, 2020 6:38 am

£100m from Liverpool in a brown envelope and public condemnation of their fans on national TV as "scum" for City to throw the first two games and it's a deal.

Three of the bottom six clubs to sue the PL for wrongful relegation (as Amiens are doing in France) OR all Championship clubs and the EFL to sue the PL for willful exclusion.

Bring it on!
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Simister » Wed May 13, 2020 1:45 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:There seems to be a different set of rules announced every day so I’m not sure if somebody is doing it for click-bait or the PL are that fucking daft. The problem is that the rest of the media jump on it until you get some cock coming on TalkSport and saying that it’s a good idea to turn your head away from a tackle, and this was an ex-player.

He was also asked about how fans would feel about it coming back and even though the small consensus was 70% against a return he argued that they had asked the wrong people and that if you asked season ticket holders then it would be 80-90% in favour of the sport returning. Now, this is an ex-PL who you would think would do a little homework. Even I, who has been quite busy of late, can spend a few minutes of my time trawling through a few fan sites to see the sentiment and in the majority of cases it’s been invariably a ‘No’.

To be fair, the presenter was very weary of continuing the line as it was so out of synch with reality, even stating that it wasn’t what he’d witnessed. But you can see why these people are brought on to toe the line that the media sets.

Here’s the reality, if you have to change the game so much to show the product then it’s no longer the product you should be showing, and definitely not the one that should be played when you have to contrive rules that are proving that the sport is not safe.

Whatever they do the virus will find away, that’s what it does. It may not be the young player that it affects but the impact will definitely be felt by their wider family.

Heard that last night - it was Matt Holland. Unbelievable. I thought he had some common sense but obviously not.
Claimed that a 2000-sample YOUGOV poll was ridiculously low.
THAT IS THE TYPICAL SIZE OF A YOUGOV POLL YOU PRICK.
And YouGov is pretty well respected and regulated in its field.
The football media all reek of vested interests.

See also Adrian Durham slagging off Danny Rose for not following the agenda.
His main criticism was swearing ffs, and lack of respect for his manager for thinking he may be risking his players' health.
Lack of respect?? Idiotic argument. So your average manager knows all about Covid transmission methods does he?
Most managers can't even spell covid.
Simister
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: SWP

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Wed May 13, 2020 2:32 pm

I have just had an email from City saying that now the government has announced any restart will be behind closed doors, we will be getting a refund on the remaining 6 home games from our season tickets. There will also be the option to credit that against next season's ticket.

My opinion is that next season will start behind closed doors too.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course

Postby City64 » Wed May 13, 2020 3:02 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:I have just had an email from City saying that now the government has announced any restart will be behind closed doors, we will be getting a refund on the remaining 6 home games from our season tickets. There will also be the option to credit that against next season's ticket.

Got same email this afternoon. Think I will opt for the refund as very little chance of fans allowed in stadia for a long time . Nice email from city btw but the game is truly fucked .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby PeterParker » Wed May 13, 2020 6:26 pm

City64 wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:I have just had an email from City saying that now the government has announced any restart will be behind closed doors, we will be getting a refund on the remaining 6 home games from our season tickets. There will also be the option to credit that against next season's ticket.

Got same email this afternoon. Think I will opt for the refund as very little chance of fans allowed in stadia for a long time . Nice email from city btw but the game is truly fucked .

The fuckers didn't send me a happy b-day mail this year. They always did.
I will remember this.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby City64 » Wed May 13, 2020 9:14 pm

PeterParker wrote:
City64 wrote:

The fuckers didn't send me a happy b-day mail this year. They always did.
I will remember this.

:lol:
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum