Are you ok & ALERT! hahaha!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Are you ok & ALERT! hahaha!

Postby ruralblue » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:53 pm

This is not an in's and outs post 'about' Corona and please guys let's not turn it into one. If you want to chat about the actual thing itself then head to Bingos Tassle forum. I am popping this on the Maine forum as not everyone goes into Off Topic. Also seeing as there ain't a lot of football to discuss I hope it can stay here and maybe become a sticky! (Donald Trump reckons until Easter!)

It's quite simply an 'Are you Okay?'

Few weeks back we had the #Bekind. we have snowflakes amongst us and all things considered so be it, were all different. However there is also a massive issue right now amongst us bloke folks with this here topping ya'self and suicide. People not reaching out, people suffering in silence.

Right now moving forward this is going to have a massive impact with peoples mental health and well being. In the short term maybe peoples welfare.

So.......

Are you ok at the moment?

And as for Bingo, he'd have questioned if we can lick the fuck outta this virus!
Last edited by ruralblue on Sun May 10, 2020 5:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Re: Are you ok???

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:31 am

Touch wood, still going strong. Trust me to get the short straw and still working whilst I’ve sent all the others home!

Hopefully you’re all safe and locked away.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby PeterParker » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:32 am

So far so good. Home, trying to work as much as we can, even if 90 % of the projects are on hold.

Leaving the house just for groceries.
The city is on almost full lockdown and of course, all eyes on Italy to see how are things there in order to realise how much of this nightmare we still have to bare.

I started to rewatch some great City games from the last decade.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby carolina-blue » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:20 am

The county I live in goes on lockdown as of today so only essential workers can work ( I’m one of them :roll: ) But better than a lot of people in the world , So no complaints from me .
Stay Healthy lads & Lasses
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Nick » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:26 am

Feel a bit shit today. Wish I had a garden
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby salford city » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:40 am

Nick wrote:Feel a bit shit today. Wish I had a garden

Feel for all the folks stuck in their apartments. What seemed ideal when you could stroll out into the city centre must now be fucking terrible. We are fortunate to have gardens back and front so me and the 19 month old are making the most of that. Planning to set up a bit of an obstacle course today to do some body weight circuits and the like.
Keep your heads up boys and girls and come in here for help if needed
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:47 am

I'm very well physically and planning and mapping out for the future - pointless whining about losing $$$ when I'm in a more privileged position than most ,I have to remind myself of that fuckign fact daily as some people I know have lost so much and will probably lose everything due to now being able to work.

I'm actually more worried right now about losing all those hard months at the gym due to eating anything and everything in my cupboards and fridge !!!
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby salford city » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:50 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:I'm very well physically and planning and mapping out for the future - pointless whining about losing $$$ when I'm in a more privileged position than most ,I have to remind myself of that fuckign fact daily as some people I know have lost so much and will probably lose everything due to now being able to work.

I'm actually more worried right now about losing all those hard months at the gym due to eating anything and everything in my cupboards and fridge !!!

Can you get out to the beach or is that on lockdown- imagine it is?
salford city

Postby salford city » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:54 am

Going to put this in here instead ofthefunnies...

Just gave the missus a dart and a map of the world. Told her to throw the dart and wherever it landed I would take her for two weeks once we had the all clear. Turns out we spending two weeks behind the fridge......
salford city

Postby Dameerto » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:03 am

Things actually turned out ok for me, but I know a lot of folks haven't been as lucky.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:06 am

salford city wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:I'm very well physically and planning and mapping out for the future - pointless whining about losing $$$ when I'm in a more privileged position than most ,I have to remind myself of that fuckign fact daily as some people I know have lost so much and will probably lose everything due to now being able to work.

Can you get out to the beach or is that on lockdown- imagine it is?

It is mate - for a 3rd world country they are really doing this right ( In the tourist areas at least ), as far as having a real lock -down is concerned.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Bear60 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:14 am

Still working on a construction site don’t know what will happen after today .
Bear60
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:23 am

We are okay at the moment been self isolating due to health reasons, my main concern is getting a Asda delivery because I have run out of beer :mrgreen:
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby City64 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:44 am

I am that fucking bored I had to have a conversation with the wife this morning .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby city72 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:56 am

Physically sound mentally fuked lost my job with zero monies coming in now and the son lost his job yesterday as a chef, our household is screwed.
city72
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester city

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:03 pm

city72 wrote:Physically sound mentally fuked lost my job with zero monies coming in now and the son lost his job yesterday as a chef, our household is screwed.

Do not despair mate , this economy shut down wont last and you might have to borrow to get back on your feet, as will many businesses - in the meantime the UK government have said they will support you financially in one form or other so do what you need to do to get that help - as I say to my mates,re assess and make a plan...there is always a plan to be made.

Chin up !
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby salford city » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:47 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
city72 wrote:Physically sound mentally fuked lost my job with zero monies coming in now and the son lost his job yesterday as a chef, our household is screwed.

Do not despair mate , this economy shut down wont last and you might have to borrow to get back on your feet, as will many businesses - in the meantime the UK government have said they will support you financially in one form or other so do what you need to do to get that help - as I say to my mates,re assess and make a plan...there is always a plan to be made.

Chin up !

Seconded. Check out the aid that is available to you and the family. Might go against your grain asking for it but if it is available for the short term then look to use it to keep you afloat and sane. It's not going to last forever and there will be plenty of opportunities once we come out of this
salford city

Postby everyonehatesus » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:48 pm

Good but manic, works going through the roof and we are getting all kinds of calls at the moment from companies to government officials to see how much capacity we have as we make stainless parts and machines for the food and pharmaceutical companies. Got the keys to a new house 5 weeks ago, cracked on with gutting and I mean gutting it to get all the new kitchen bathroom and well everything fitted only to have everyone drop out because of this fucking C19 bollocks.
Now we are working all day at work and all night on the house as we have to be out of our old house on the 14th.
Pressure is on but people are in deeper shit than us at the moment so just got to bite down hard and get it fucking done I guess
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby PeterParker » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:50 pm

Stay sane, fella. Try the technical unemployment option that most of the countries are offering it now. It's still 75% of the cash.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Mase » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:51 pm

Absolutely mental that companies are panicking like this and just getting rid of people. As someone from the board said to me privately, this will show a lot of poor companies up for what they are. What about if Boris says next week “restaurants can reopen” and then businesses laying off chefs will be screwed.

Nick - don’t feel too jealous of people with gardens. On our estate we have absolute mutants blasting music out and kids screaming non-stop whilst people are trying to work from home. One of our neighbours is a nurse and she’s said she simply can’t sleep during the day ready for her night shift because of the amount of people thinking this is a holiday.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum