Do you miss football?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Do you miss football?

Postby london blue 2 » Tue May 05, 2020 2:41 pm

Weirdly, not as much as I thought I would.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Simister » Tue May 05, 2020 3:40 pm

CTID Hants wrote:I miss City

Don't miss football in general, i've not bothered watching any of the MOTD shizzle, none of the replays of bygone games of yesteryear.

Just give the murdering cunts their pot now with the added asterisk to stigmatise it and by the time we come out of lock down their "glory" will have been overshadowed so their offensive gloating (yeah we all know at least 5 each of these cunts) will have subsided.

CTID

That’s true about the five!
I only know one red scouse fan who isn’t unbearable when talking about football, and he only follows them because his young son does.
Simister
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: SWP

Postby budfox » Tue May 05, 2020 4:49 pm

Mase wrote:
Nick wrote:How many are saying no go to games though ?

I'm missing it.

Also missing:

- people
- bars
- restaurants
- trips away

I fuckin hate people so this lockdown is class. Saved money not going to bars and restaurants.

Same here.
budfox
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Kev

Postby stevefromdonny » Tue May 05, 2020 5:21 pm

do I miss football, does the sun come up in the morning, course I do, miss city and to be quite honest other football as well, at the moment I search youtube to find old city games to watch, I watch the old BIG MATCH on bt and so on, I have give the season ticket up, but still come to games, but not as many as Saturday morning Saturday nights sunday morning and sunday nights is the norm now, god I miss 3 oclock games on Saturday, but there will be a time when I wont be able to get over and stop watching live games, but I will see games on my firestick, fuck var and Liverpool

UP THE CITY
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

Postby nottsblue » Tue May 05, 2020 5:39 pm

stevefromdonny wrote:do I miss football, does the sun come up in the morning, course I do, miss city and to be quite honest other football as well, at the moment I search youtube to find old city games to watch, I watch the old BIG MATCH on bt and so on, I have give the season ticket up, but still come to games, but not as many as Saturday morning Saturday nights sunday morning and sunday nights is the norm now, god I miss 3 oclock games on Saturday, but there will be a time when I wont be able to get over and stop watching live games, but I will see games on my firestick, fuck var and Liverpool

UP THE CITY

Love the old Big Match reruns on BT. As it goes I can see a partial return to those days in terms of homegrown players being the majority. No agents.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Justified logic » Tue May 05, 2020 5:45 pm

No. Don't miss any sports. There are much more important things in life and to life than watching people compete against one another. For a long time now I've felt that those who live their lives through the striving ups and downs of others be they footballers, cricketers, boxers, movie stars, singers, bands, TV soaps or whatever are actually just rather sad individuals. Live your own fucking life for gawd's sake!
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby dazby » Wed May 06, 2020 8:00 am

I miss football and I miss our chance at a treble. What I don't miss is waking up to the dippers winning another game and posting ALL about it on social media.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Paul68 » Wed May 06, 2020 8:19 am

Yeah I miss football...!
Course I do.
Miss City - don't get up to gods own ground anywhere near as much as I want but still miss it.

All you saying you don't - cheer up you mardy fuckers! :lol:
I wish there was a way to know you are in the good old days....before you've actually left them...
Paul68
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: All the 17-18!

Postby PeterParker » Wed May 06, 2020 9:10 am

I don't know if anyone has this weird thing, but since the football stopped, on saturdays, but only in odd days, if you listen to the wind at exactly 17:03 (15 UK hour), I can hear City64 calling me a cunt.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby dazby » Wed May 06, 2020 1:13 pm

Hahahaha
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Wonderwall » Wed May 06, 2020 5:47 pm

I miss match days as a whole, I miss the people around me, I miss meeting mates for a pint pre and post games. I miss discussing the crazy lineups when they are announced and everyone is like WTF.

But, I don't miss what the premier League is turning into. I was close to saying I am starting to hate the game, the bent officials and the bent bastards that run and finance it.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby City64 » Wed May 06, 2020 7:15 pm

PeterParker wrote:I don't know if anyone has this weird thing, but since the football stopped, on saturdays, but only in odd days, if you listen to the wind at exactly 17:03 (15 UK hour), I can hear City64 calling me a cunt.

Rightly deserved aswell ! :lol:
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Hazy2 » Thu May 07, 2020 12:02 pm

Pretty sure Carl is a pent up Roul Moat waiting to explode, Daz can jump in a taxi to calm him down. Must take supplies.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mase » Thu May 07, 2020 2:05 pm

I’d give up on football once and for all but I just need to hang on long enough to make sure my daughter doesn’t grow up to be a filthy rag bastard like her grandparents.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu May 07, 2020 3:18 pm

Hazy2 wrote:Pretty sure Carl is a pent up Roul Moat waiting to explode, Daz can jump in a taxi to calm him down. Must take supplies.

Weird
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby bigblue » Thu May 07, 2020 4:43 pm

Miss it a bit less when jordan fucking henderson is voted BBC's player of the season. Absolute joke

Then again, I recently picked up a 140" projector and can't wait to see a match on it
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Nick » Thu May 07, 2020 11:54 pm

Walker put out a strange statement. Have tabloids been harassing his family ? Hes been seeing them in isolation ?
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Hazy2 » Fri May 08, 2020 4:52 am

Nick wrote:Walker put out a strange statement. Have tabloids been harassing his family ? Hes been seeing them in isolation ?

If reports are correct he is a fucking idiot.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Dubciteh » Fri May 08, 2020 10:25 am

Hazy2 wrote:
Nick wrote:Walker put out a strange statement. Have tabloids been harassing his family ? Hes been seeing them in isolation ?

If reports are correct he is a fucking idiot.

Agreed. Gets caught once and does it again. If i have to stay at home than that prick can stay at home in his mansion too.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri May 08, 2020 3:52 pm

Wonderwall wrote:I miss match days as a whole, I miss the people around me, I miss meeting mates for a pint pre and post games. I miss discussing the crazy lineups when they are announced and everyone is like WTF.

But, I don't miss what the premier League is turning into. I was close to saying I am starting to hate the game, the bent officials and the bent bastards that run and finance it.

I’ve missed it for many reasons and your first paragraph is the main reason. As many know, I live away from Manchester for work reasons so only get to a few games a season when back home. Watching on Sky/BT is not the same but at least it gives me the link with the fans at the ground. I act exactly the same as if I’m there. Get the beers in, chat to my lads on messenger, but what I really miss is seeing the old faces. There are so many to mention, half of them I don’t really know, just remember them from Maine Road or met with them at the Etihad.

Growing up on the Kippax seems to give a certain sense of loyalty and one thing that I worry about now is that all those old die hards will not be there no longer, either through health reasons or because they will be afraid to show up when the stadium opens.

Every now and then I turn to Sky/BT for a bit of a City news or an old game. They are now far and few between as the Rags and Dippers hog the limelight for their subscribers so I choose to look elsewhere for my City fix and, luckily, there are many more channels on IPTV to choose from.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum