The Premier League Restart?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Premier League Restart?

Postby salford city » Wed May 20, 2020 6:47 am

Went to see my ma outside yesterday. She is 70 but a dinner lady at a primary school in prestwich. Told last week that they were back open on 01 june she was in cleaning the kitchen yesterday. Now told that they will not be opening g on 01 june .
This is the problem now, most people were quick enough to come out of work on govt advice and now they want reassurances that no-one can offer before going back.
I fully understand how bad this has been BUT in the main, the virus has attacked the elderly - men more than women with a significant proportion of those affected having existing medical conditions particularly diabetes and being overweight. If you are able to go back to work, you should and if you refuse, which is your right then you should not be paid. Too much scare mongering now.
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Went to see my ma outside yesterday. She is 70 but a dinner lady at a primary school in prestwich. Told last week that they were back open on 01 june she was in cleaning the kitchen yesterday. Now told that they will not be opening g on 01 june .
This is the problem now, most people were quick enough to come out of work on govt advice and now they want reassurances that no-one can offer before going back.
I fully understand how bad this has been BUT in the main, the virus has attacked the elderly - men more than women with a significant proportion of those affected having existing medical conditions particularly diabetes and being overweight. If you are able to go back to work, you should and if you refuse, which is your right then you should not be paid. Too much scare mongering now.
salford city

salford city

Postby salford city » Wed May 20, 2020 6:48 am

Fuck knows why it posted that 3 times ......
salford city

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed May 20, 2020 7:14 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:You having a laugh ? No one in the world can guarantee it is risk free to walk out of your house and get back home safe and sound !!!
If some healthy non overweight corona phobes want to stay at home and not work due to being scared of catching a virus , then fine , stay at home, but with no pay.

Are you one of those that want money paid to you by the government and/or company, regardless of not working ,because no one will give you a guarantee of zero chance of catching a virus ?
If your in the fat unhealthy cunt basket , then I would understand.

I’m not sure where that came from. Where in there did I mention myself, I’m sure I only mentioned his concerns. You know, those of him and his family being statistically more prone to serious issues if they catch the virus; hasn’t his son got asthma? There’s probably the moral side of it to, while everybody is social distancing and he’s asked to grapple for space. Maybe, even something to do with the NHS and those that are dying.

As for myself, Carl, thanks for asking. I’ve been in work everyday, with many others, ensuring things carry on as normal as possible for when we come out of this. Personally, I think I’m quite healthy with a slight concern as I’m bordering that age where we should be concerned. Saying that, me and the Mrs had symptoms in late Feb that weren’t known at the time. The Mrs was laid down for a few days and lost her sense of smell and taste. I had a few sniffles, which is very rare for me.

Due to that, we’ve been unable to visit home to see the grand kids. You know, because there is a chance that we could pass on this infection to those more vulnerable. A bit like Deeney, I suppose.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed May 20, 2020 7:48 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:You having a laugh ? No one in the world can guarantee it is risk free to walk out of your house and get back home safe and sound !!!
If some healthy non overweight corona phobes want to stay at home and not work due to being scared of catching a virus , then fine , stay at home, but with no pay.

Are you one of those that want money paid to you by the government and/or company, regardless of not working ,because no one will give you a guarantee of zero chance of catching a virus ?
If your in the fat unhealthy cunt basket , then I would understand.

I’m not sure where that came from. Where in there did I mention myself, I’m sure I only mentioned his concerns. You know, those of him and his family being statistically more prone to serious issues if they catch the virus; hasn’t his son got asthma? There’s probably the moral side of it to, while everybody is social distancing and he’s asked to grapple for space. Maybe, even something to do with the NHS and those that are dying.

As for myself, Carl, thanks for asking. I’ve been in work everyday, with many others, ensuring things carry on as normal as possible for when we come out of this. Personally, I think I’m quite healthy with a slight concern as I’m bordering that age where we should be concerned. Saying that, me and the Mrs had symptoms in late Feb that weren’t known at the time. The Mrs was laid down for a few days and lost her sense of smell and taste. I had a few sniffles, which is very rare for me.

Due to that, we’ve been unable to visit home to see the grand kids. You know, because there is a chance that we could pass on this infection to those more vulnerable. A bit like Deeney, I suppose.

Your leaning was sympathetic to his reasons of not wanting to work which is why I asked you the question.
My point was also a financial one - if no one works for my company when we re open, due to any other excuse other than being forced to by the government , then I certainly will not be paying them.

RE; you passing a virus onto your kids, it shouldn't be a concern unless they are in one of those vulnerable categories.

I am only sympathetic to genuine cases but looking at the fuckign attitude of the teachers in the UK wetting themselves when other countries schools are open , then one tends to look down on a lot of lazy cunts out there who are taking full advantage of this situation.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed May 20, 2020 7:52 am

salford city wrote:Went to see my ma outside yesterday. She is 70 but a dinner lady at a primary school in prestwich. Told last week that they were back open on 01 june she was in cleaning the kitchen yesterday. Now told that they will not be opening g on 01 june .

This is the problem - when you pay 80% of someones salary for sitting in their garden with a beer enjoying the sunshine..........................................see where this is going ?

I'm not saying everyone is guilty, but fuck me, there are a huge % of lazy cunts out there in society who will jump on any bandwagon to not work.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby salford city » Wed May 20, 2020 8:44 am

This is the problem - when you pay 80% of someones salary for sitting in their garden with a beer enjoying the sunshine..........................................see where this is going ?

I'm not saying everyone is guilty, but fuck me, there are a huge % of lazy cunts out there in society who will jump on any bandwagon to not work.[/quote]

Agreed. Should be looking to phase out the furlough sooner than October.
salford city

Postby City64 » Wed May 20, 2020 8:52 am

Watford is another club , they report 2 cases hence Troy Deeney is staying at home can’t blame him as his BAME and 80 % of deaths are that category in the UK .
Wonder who the other club is and why they are keeping stum ??? imagine if it was the bin dippers .........
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed May 20, 2020 12:17 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
salford city wrote:Went to see my ma outside yesterday. She is 70 but a dinner lady at a primary school in prestwich. Told last week that they were back open on 01 june she was in cleaning the kitchen yesterday. Now told that they will not be opening g on 01 june .

I'm not saying everyone is guilty, but fuck me, there are a huge % of lazy cunts out there in society who will jump on any bandwagon to not work.

I am actually sympathetic to those who have fears. For me it’s that my 8 month old granddaughter was kept in isolation when she was born due to a severe infection, simple as that.

For others, they will have their considerations, just like you or me. It’s easy to say ‘Just get back to work’ but now we know that HMG aren’t really interested in security and are content for people to die then how can individuals trust what they say?

Many will return, many won’t, it’s just a matter of building trust whilst the process gathers pace.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed May 20, 2020 12:19 pm

City64 wrote:Watford is another club , they report 2 cases hence Troy Deeney is staying at home can’t blame him as his BAME and 80 % of deaths are that category in the UK .
Wonder who the other club is and why they are keeping stum ??? imagine if it was the bin dippers .........

One of them was Burnley, Ian Woan on the training staff.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed May 20, 2020 2:36 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

I am actually sympathetic to those who have fears. For me it’s that my 8 month old granddaughter was kept in isolation when she was born due to a severe infection, simple as that.

For others, they will have their considerations, just like you or me. It’s easy to say ‘Just get back to work’ but now we know that HMG aren’t really interested in security and are content for people to die then how can individuals trust what they say?

Many will return, many won’t, it’s just a matter of building trust whilst the process gathers pace.

Like I said Beefy , my point was purely a financial one - no work no pay.

As for the Governments handling of this , I have this inkling that they wanted Herd Immunity from the off , and we might just be thank full at the end of next winter that that's exactly what they did.

Footballers already have millions so for lots of them this free time is perfect..hasn't even affected some of them partying etc !! I'm sure there are a fair few jumping on the band wagon.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PeterParker » Wed May 20, 2020 3:24 pm

I reckon Dyche wants to restart.

Read somewhere that ginger cunts are immune to this
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Mase » Wed May 20, 2020 3:28 pm

PeterParker wrote:I reckon Dyche wants to restart.

Read somewhere that ginger cunts are immune to this

Dyche will do whatever the Rags and Scousers tell him.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Wed May 20, 2020 7:36 pm

salford city wrote:This is the problem - when you pay 80% of someones salary for sitting in their garden with a beer enjoying the sunshine..........................................see where this is going ?

Agreed. Should be looking to phase out the furlough sooner than October.[/quote]

Wow A huge % are lazy cunts?
What a load of horse shit.
I say this as an essential worker who has carried on throughout.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu May 21, 2020 8:29 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:
salford city wrote:This is the problem - when you pay 80% of someones salary for sitting in their garden with a beer enjoying the sunshine..........................................see where this is going ?

I say this as an essential worker who has carried on throughout.[/quote]

A huge % prefer to stay off work and collect 80% wages for doing fuckall.
I say this as its fucking true.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Scatman » Thu May 21, 2020 10:59 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

I say this as its fucking true.[/quote]

Let's hope this has helped you tidy up your recruitment procedures
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu May 21, 2020 12:49 pm

Scatman wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

I say this as its fucking true.

Let's hope this has helped you tidy up your recruitment procedures[/quote]

Perfect
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri May 22, 2020 8:14 am

The EFL issued a statement yesterday, which says that points per game will be used in the event of any league being abandoned and play-offs retained as far as possible. So far only League 2 has gone down this route, but i suspect at least League 1 will also. Of course this doesn't apply to PL who will make up their own rules as usual. EFL statement:

Resuming the 2019/20 season with the existing format remains the most appropriate course of action from a sporting integrity perspective, but the Board accepts there are circumstances that may lead to curtailment, (as has been demonstrated with League Two) or a situation subsequently transpires whereby the season is unable to conclude.

This means that in the event of an early curtailment:

• Final divisional placings should be determined on unweighted points per game (if required).
    Promotion and relegation should be retained.
    Play-Offs should be played in all circumstances but should not be extended (beyond four teams).
    If a scenario arises whereby the Play-Offs cannot be played, the EFL Board will determine the appropriate course of action.
    The Board considers that the majority required to curtail the 2019/20 Season in any division should be 51%. Determining whether or not to curtail the season is a decision for each division to take.
    The principle of relegation across all three divisions is integral to the integrity of the pyramid, from the Premier League down to the National League, provided we have assurances that the National League will start Season 2020/21 (i.e. the relegated Club in League Two has somewhere to play).

Any regulatory solution should be relevant and specific to the current challenges posed by the COVID-19 outbreak and reach a conclusion that is clear and effective with the impact and justifications easy for all stakeholders to understand.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby TomS » Sun May 24, 2020 4:04 pm

Weekend 2 of Footy beging closed Doors in Germany. From this Weekend on it is allowed to watch in a Pub with one mate (Not living at the same adress than yourself), some other restrictions results in 15/20 People allowed in the Pub......
I for one watched at Home and even felt asleep when my Team played. Boring to watch, not the Same game anymore.....
It is a bit like bring drug addicted and you know ist is wrong......
Thomas
Bert Trautmann Town, Germany
TomS
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC,Werder Bremen
My favourite player is: Sergio

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum