MCFC v UEFA | Verdict 13 Jul 20

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

What will be the outcome?

City exonerated of all charges.
44%
City exonerated of main charge but done for not cooperating.
19%
UEFA charges upheld, ban stands.
28%
Other.
9%

Total votes : 57

MCFC v UEFA | Verdict 13 Jul 20

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:02 pm

Could cost us a couple of hundred million but, even more, our reputation and possible PL consequences.

We say we have irrefutable evidence, they say they have the same. How can both be right?

Top lawyers, both fighting for their existence, who do you think will come out on top?.

Edit. As per the title, who leaked it to the DM?
Last edited by Beefymcfc on Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Re: MCFC v UEFA | CAS Appeal 8-10 Jun 20

Postby sheblue » Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:41 am

I think option 2 is nearer the truth.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby City64 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:43 am

Unfortunately this is not straightforward. Do we know how the court is operating ? Social distancing or via video links etc ? Either of those two scenarios will seriously hinder our barrister Steven Pannicks performance I fear . He is outstandingly good probably the best you can hire in a full courtroom but in today’s restrictions I have serious doubts .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby salford city » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:00 am

Cannot see any other outcome than the ban being upheld. To overturn the ban would see UEFA (rightly) being exposed for being the lying corrupt cheating twats that they undeniably are and that brings them down. More pessimistic than I was. This will massively impact us and that is why I fear the ban will remain
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby nottsblue » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:09 am

At best it gets reduced to one year. Which actually may not be all that bad as with the current restrictions on crossing borders and air flights there is no guarantee there will be serious European action anyway
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby The Foggy Blue » Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:30 pm

Big fine. No ban.
The Foggy Blue
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:09 pm

1 year ban, but we are free to smash the fuck out of the cartel. Hope I am wrong as 1 yr is gonna hurt us big-time
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby City64 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:56 pm

Word is it is all being done by video conference , not good for us our barrister needs the big stage !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby sheblue » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:19 pm

City64 wrote:Word is it is all being done by video conference , not good for us our barrister needs the big stage !

Then we can appeal the appeal process.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:53 pm

Just getting around to having a look over any feedback from the media and there’s absolutely nothing. I thought, with the current ‘No News’ scenario, that there’d be thousands of articles but there seems to be only the odd puff piece from know nothing hacks who haven’t got a clue in the first place. This says to me that they are guarding their opinions because they have been warned,compare and contrast to the immediate media frenzy during the investigation and following charges.

Good to see that their is no news or bollox rumours, it means that both sides are adhering to CAS’ strict confidential laws.

Bit of a pisser for us, would love to hear what’s been said and which side was squirming.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:31 am

Day 2.

As it’s by video conference I wonder if they sit there half dressed, booted up top, shorts on down below?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:11 am

City have been on No News for months, Even Martin Samuel has been gagged !
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby sheblue » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:16 am

Have to say I am surprised that the majority believe that we will be totally exonerated. I find that very hard to see. I think were looking at some sort of 'punishment'.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby BlueinBosnia » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:02 am

Can we be punished for 'not cooperating'? I thought it was a 'complaint' rather than a 'charge'. From what I understand, our defence is largely based on UEFA having used illegally obtained (and selectively published) emails as the basis for the ban. UEFA then complained that we wouldn't give them access to the rest of the confidential emails, and therefore they'd have to uphold the ban. I think the appeal boils down to whether the original emails justify a ban or not, and not whether or not we should have handed over confidential information to supplement the stolen goods UEFA were handling.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby City64 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:14 am

Beefymcfc wrote:Just getting around to having a look over any feedback from the media and there’s absolutely nothing. I thought, with the current ‘No News’ scenario, that there’d be thousands of articles but there seems to be only the odd puff piece from know nothing hacks who haven’t got a clue in the first place. This says to me that they are guarding their opinions because they have been warned,compare and contrast to the immediate media frenzy during the investigation and following charges.

Good to see that their is no news or bollox rumours, it means that both sides are adhering to CAS’ strict confidential laws.

Bit of a pisser for us, would love to hear what’s been said and which side was squirming.

Total media gag to protect UEFAs dirty laundry as there is fucking baskets of it . Oh to be a fly on the video conference !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby City64 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:16 am

BlueinBosnia wrote:Can we be punished for 'not cooperating'? I thought it was a 'complaint' rather than a 'charge'. From what I understand, our defence is largely based on UEFA having used illegally obtained (and selectively published) emails as the basis for the ban. UEFA then complained that we wouldn't give them access to the rest of the confidential emails, and therefore they'd have to uphold the ban. I think the appeal boils down to whether the original emails justify a ban or not, and not whether or not we should have handed over confidential information to supplement the stolen goods UEFA were handling.

In layman’s terms we have more stuff on them and individuals working for them than any shit they have us .
Basically!
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:38 am

I always remember Khaldoon saying we will put our business model up against anything, lets see where we are down the line and see if what we are doing is the correct path.

They are unable to stop us on the pitch/Biz model grows and grows., so we are being taken down in other ways. G14 Whoever are desperate to restore what they see as the order they created.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby patrickblue » Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:09 am

City64 wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:Can we be punished for 'not cooperating'? I thought it was a 'complaint' rather than a 'charge'. From what I understand, our defence is largely based on UEFA having used illegally obtained (and selectively published) emails as the basis for the ban. UEFA then complained that we wouldn't give them access to the rest of the confidential emails, and therefore they'd have to uphold the ban. I think the appeal boils down to whether the original emails justify a ban or not, and not whether or not we should have handed over confidential information to supplement the stolen goods UEFA were handling.

In layman’s terms we have more stuff on them and individuals working for them than any shit they have us .
Basically!

Although we haven't said the emails are not genuine, I cannot believe that anyone would send an email basically saying "lets cheat".
TBH if someone in the loop actually has done that, then the club deserves what it gets.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:17 am

From 2014 !!!!!!!!!!!!!Khaldoon said that was a decision taken in the best interests of the club, adding: “We will be pragmatic and move on and know that we have the right model and we believe in this model. At the same time it will not compromise us or the strategy we have started and that we will continue to implement.

“I am looking forward to an interview six years from now when we look back at these rules and regulations that have been put in place which have a particular model in mind, and the model we started on six years ago and will take us for the next six years.

“I think then, history will judge what was right for football. I have all the confidence in the world in where we are going to be in six years and what we are going to show in terms of being the right model.”
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby dick dastardley » Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:27 am

If we lose, then any dirty laundry should be published in the media regarding the uefa cartel.
And this is what I hope uefa are thinking therefore a reduced ban/fine.
The perfect scenario is we're exonerated of all charges, on the previso no beans are spilled regarding the corrupt bastards. Both parties will probably be happy with this.
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum