MCFC v UEFA | Verdict 13 Jul 20

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

What will be the outcome?

City exonerated of all charges.
44%
City exonerated of main charge but done for not cooperating.
19%
UEFA charges upheld, ban stands.
28%
Other.
9%

Total votes : 57

Re: MCFC v UEFA | Verdict 13 Jul 20

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:26 pm

https://www.101greatgoals.com/news/man- ... p-remarks/

Any ideas which cunt it is ? (There are so many to choose from )
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:33 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:https://www.101greatgoals.com/news/man-city-issue-legal-warning-to-a-high-profile-tv-pundit-over-ffp-remarks/

gotta be Roan - he's already been banned by the club for lying about Vieira and now he's instructng his minions to go for the 'not exhonerated' line. Be intersting to see the written judgement tomorrow,
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:36 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:https://www.101greatgoals.com/news/man-city-issue-legal-warning-to-a-high-profile-tv-pundit-over-ffp-remarks/

gotta be Roan - he's already been banned by the club for lying about Vieira and now he's instructng his minions to go for the 'not exhonerated' line. Be intersting to see the written judgement tomorrow,

Well , Man City DID NOT object to it being in the public domain which means it will paint a clear picture of our innocence .

RE Roan - pure fuckign evil cunt with an Agenda the size of Madagascar.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... s-18623567
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:40 pm

Hoping its gobber
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:52 pm

nottsblue wrote:

Hoping its gobber

Got to be. Some of the shite he’s spouted you know he must be going through it on the inside.

Salty tears.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby PeterParker » Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:25 pm

Fantastic, I've seen Lampard's full reaction on Eurosport after the verdict.

Remember how it was presented in the media? "Lampard: I didn't get my hopes up!"

Here is what he actually said:

'I was pretty neutral on it, I just listened to the verdict this morning,' he said at his pre-Norwich press conference on Monday.
I genuinely don't see beyond the games in hand, we have a few games and we want to win them and see if it gets us Champions League football. I was never pinning my hopes on [the verdict]. If we win enough games, we can get in. As pe Man City, they truly deserve to play in the Champions League, as they proved themselves, on the pitch, this season. It is a good decision for english football in Europe".

No fucking way they showed all of this, the bent cunts.
Fair play to Lampard. Top fella.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:08 am

"ManCity were not once given the presumption of innocence, not even when facing one of the most corrupt organisations in the sport!"
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:16 am

johnny crossan wrote:Image

"ManCity were not once given the presumption of innocence, not even when facing one of the most corrupt organisations in the sport!"

Nice....I like this quote a lot.

I think we should all have it as our signature.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nickyboy » Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:13 am

Isn't the full document due today? Anyone know what time?
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:23 am

nottsblue wrote:

Hoping its gobber

It would be impossible to prosecute him as no one could understand his evidence.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:26 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Hoping its gobber

Got to be. Some of the shite he’s spouted you know he must be going through it on the inside.

Salty tears.

Wasn’t he the one that stated he’d seen emails that proves we’re guilty? If so, it’s 100% him!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby PrezIke » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:58 pm

zuricity wrote:
PrezIke wrote:UEFA need to get rid of FFP. This might be its death knell.

If they truly want "fair" (which no system can ever truly be, and of course many of us doubt that's what they want), they should implement some form of flexible wage cap system.

They should look at the NBA which has the best one I am aware of.

Ironically, enough NBA players and agents have been watching football and how players push to leave before their contracts are finished rather than wait to become a "free agent" so it still doesn't quite stop all of the "richest" and "best" or most popular clubs from accruing talent, but is more sensible than FFP which does not reward clubs for how well they manage their players as assets rather than whether they are winners in clandestine financial strategies or not at all and reliant on their past to earn revenues regardless of how well they do on the pitch.

Please stop with this crap about any professional sports league in the USA. The NFL for example is a Monopoly. Absolutely nothing to do with free market principles .

Salary caps are against fair competition.

Meant to post this days ago...

Sorry mate, what's "fair" then?

One that purely rewards those with the most capital to invest surely cannot be seen as more fair?

I'm also not talking about the NFL. They are the worst example of "fair." Baseball doesn't have a wage cap either.

Being a monopoly is an issue to be considered regarding competition from other football leagues in other nations, hence why I didn't say to exactly replicate the model.

Professional sport and "fairness:" are a bit of a padadox in a highly globalised, neo-liberal capitalist world we live in.

Do you want some semblence of fairness or just the richest clubs to have the only real chance to win with any level of consistency or almost at all?

The NBA's wage "salary" cap is soft so clubs can spend over it, but there are penalties for/taxes on this and then those funds are then shared with the poorer clubs. This can be helpful to keep some lower clubs who run themselves well enough, afloat. The wage/salary cap is adjusted based on the league revenues.

That could be problematic as the PL, for example, has far more revenues than other leagues in other nations, but you might be able to create one combines some type of flexibility and/or use of funds taxed from richer UEFA leagues/clubs to fund spending in other leagues.

I will admit, the entire thing is very complicated but FFP is not focused on "fairness" on the pitch and focusing on debt MAY help some clubs to survive and spend wiser (I know some try to claim the correlation doesn't = causation argument there, although I somewhat doubt that about FFP, even if I think it's rubbish for what it claims to be for).

There are very smart people out there who probably have already come up with a system that could work in some way.

The point is wage limits of some kind, in each league, even if each wage cap was different per country/league, etc. It would still prevent sides from hoarding all of the talent and arguably would make things more fair.

Our fans who are worried about this should think twice, in my view. United would suffer massively due to how poorly they've been run. We on the other hand are an exceptionally well run club at this point in time where our transfer business, etc. has mostly been very good. United's mismanagement would be punished severely as they'd be stuck with all of the highly paid flops and in this world no one would dare take Sanchez without Utd paying almost all of the wages that would penalise them further.

This is all something I could actually support. Some here I know may still hate it, but I struggle to understand why other than we are a fortunate fanbase now who supports a club who is in position to do well forever.

One can still be a supporter of more "fairness" in terms of competitive balance and opportunity and not be aligned with those who want to see our club suffer or disappear from the face of the Earth as they seem to wish.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:58 pm

johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby City64 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:55 am

It’s seems UEFA have BLOCKED the CAS findings from getting into the public domain they were due to be released early this week . Must be some damming evidence / information about the corrupt mafia cunts there then ! Elite football bent much .........
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:05 am

City64 wrote:It’s seems UEFA have BLOCKED the CAS findings from getting into the public domain they were due to be released early this week . Must be some damming evidence / information about the corrupt mafia cunts there then ! Elite football bent much .........

Wouldn’t be surprised if our friends in the media spin it the other way, that it was us who blocked it, anything possible with these cockroaches
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:37 am

City64 wrote:It’s seems UEFA have BLOCKED the CAS findings from getting into the public domain they were due to be released early this week . Must be some damming evidence / information about the corrupt mafia cunts there then ! Elite football bent much .........

City made it clear they wanted a verdict ASAP and also had NO objection to making the findings PUBLIC.

UEFA STINK OF GUILT.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:35 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:

Wouldn’t be surprised if our friends in the media spin it the other way, that it was us who blocked it, anything possible with these cockroaches

The cartel includes media and officials IMHO. I do not think it has ended, Kronke and Fenway will be plotting.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby john@staustell » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:54 pm

It's quite possible the leaky cunts with the discretion of a fishwife let slip the details condemning UEFA at some point.

They just can't help it
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Nick » Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:49 pm

Interesting old work mate who told a very bizarre story when I worked with him last year - wife works at pinsent masons and is on the city account.

She was "surprised" by the ruling. I've just given him the blue spiel as how can she be surprised etc etc ha but thought I'd share
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby CTID Hants » Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:53 pm

Nick wrote:Interesting old work mate who told a very bizarre story when I worked with him last year - wife works at pinsent masons and is on the city account.

She was "surprised" by the ruling. I've just given him the blue spiel as how can she be surprised etc etc ha but thought I'd share

I am not sure what this means. anybody else understand?
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum