MCFC v UEFA | Verdict 13 Jul 20

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

What will be the outcome?

City exonerated of all charges.
44%
City exonerated of main charge but done for not cooperating.
19%
UEFA charges upheld, ban stands.
28%
Other.
9%

Total votes : 57

Re: MCFC v UEFA | Verdict 13 Jul 20

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:00 am

Is the Premier League broken. 9 teams part of clique under control of who ?. Enough officials not fit for purpose or blatantly favouring their own team
We know who they are. Has Var worked to improve the game or has it been introduced to control the outcome. Incidents like ours at Anfield. Penalty or free kick for them?Var was used defied logic confused every fucker ! Trent handballed or not? Bernie Handball or not ? Fernandez at Villa he committed a possible red more a yellow foul The ref invented a situation that Var confirmed. WTF Not 1 person even biased as fuck rags could not believe it. Rag Manager the Villa player dived in, why has nobody said explain it Ole your the ex player and manager explain it, Dean Smith "He said what" Is he stupid.
They were awarded a penalty.

Sheffield U scored a goal at Villa who’s keeper was behind a post holding onto the netting
The refs watch alert failed and Var comms were not working. No goal, replays showed goal in normal speed clear goal, 4 officials Shockley park Could not award a goal. How asked Chris Wilder - Blatant goal WTF. Dean Smith Villa Boss it was a goal from hear on the half way line how have all officials 2 with 20 meters away missed it. I have tried to avoid our joke decisions in the main, because we caused our own downfall, but for me VAR and the 9 are not going to help us anytime soon.
Last edited by Hazy2 on Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Wooders » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:40 am

I don’t think VAR was introduced to control outcomes but it was certainly used that way - it was blatant as well which shows how confident they are that they would get away with it
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby salford city » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:15 am

Wooders wrote:I don’t think VAR was introduced to control outcomes but it was certainly used that way - it was blatant as well which shows how confident they are that they would get away with it

It does also show where the power and influence is I.e. both sets of red shite. We have not seen any media coverage of what was a blatant consistent campaign to push one of these to the title and give the other more than a helping hand in attaining a chumps league place
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:08 am

salford city wrote:
Wooders wrote:I don’t think VAR was introduced to control outcomes but it was certainly used that way - it was blatant as well which shows how confident they are that they would get away with it

It does also show where the power and influence is I.e. both sets of red shite. We have not seen any media coverage of what was a blatant consistent campaign to push one of these to the title and give the other more than a helping hand in attaining a chumps league place

The silence is what Juve had when they were cheating in the 90's A football nuts country with Juve fans, tv radio like with the scum and Vermin popping up all over the country to a man saying no fuck off it was on side he was miles on. what you talking about your paranoid!It evens up over a seasn B.S Live TV brushing it away WITH NO REPLAY ! with Juve pundits taking the piss!!!! until one payment was missed some fucker thought nah fuck Juve, the it's time to stop it. House of cards, every fan in Italy of other teams cried I fucking knew it. The Refs were in on it League officials were in on it. Ex players, History repeats itself, some of things this season have been blatant, I have a thought spread out it looks like we all suffer. But that's the cunning of cheats or wrong-uns is it not, clever cunts pointing to other incidents. ! Mcpointy and Rio blatantly take the piss on CL nights hoping we lose. BBC have spun the BS why?, We pay the rag and Vermin infested sports side of BBC to dish out the obvious hate. Bayern openly campaign against City whilst mopping up all trophies at home at a canter every season the MEDIA big up Dortmund why they win nothing AND HAVE A COUPLE OF TROPHIES OVER 50 YRS Bayern take the players off them at will ! Juve the same + 9 titles in a row PSG 8 on the bounce laughed at FFP with the 2 biggest signings ever ! Barca and Madrid for decades, City are not going to be allowed to dominate 4 teams in our league,9 is THE 4 hiding amongst the pack who have chosen a side! I think the war is going nowhere we won a battle. Scousers rags and Chelsea plus Arsenal as Pep said we have no respect for. I also think it was a get Pep gone to help the SCUM AND THE VERMIN Divi up the League again.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:31 am

I know my post was a rant but the Geordies being blocked has to be the 4. Another threat not on there watch!
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:26 am

Martin Samuels article about the cartel enjoy -:

There is an episode of Only Fools And Horses — The Class of ’62 — in which the bent copper, Slater, organises a school reunion.

He’s newly released from Parkhurst and wants to make amends for his wrongs. Initially, his old class-mates are reluctant. Over time, he’s extorted, used and framed them all.

Yet seeing Slater now as a pitiful, remorseful figure, the sentimental Del Boy is the first to crack and join him at the bar. One by one, the group relent and order drinks. Only Trigger and Boycie are holding out. Until…

Trigger: Yeah, I’ll have a beer.
Boycie: How can you drink with Slater? That’s the man who stitched you up with them knocked-off Green Shield stamps and sent you away for 18 months.

Trigger: I know. But when I came out I got an electric blanket and a radio. (Winks.)

That’s pretty much how a number of observers think Manchester City should have treated the UEFA investigation.

The source material might have been hacked, the charges might have been historic and former employees of their major rivals might have been part of the independent process, but City should have co-operated and come quietly, meekly accepted their banishment like good little boys and settled for life on football’s periphery.

Maybe, some years from now, they might have clawed their way back into the Europa League, or some UEFA satellite competition, and been content with the game’s equivalent of Trigger’s electric blanket and radio.

Always providing they were allowed in. Not so long ago, the current head of the European Clubs Association, Andrea Agnelli of Juventus, advocated that Roma should qualify for the Champions League at the expense of Atalanta, due to their historic success. Atalanta are currently third to Roma’s fifth, 11 points ahead with one Serie A game remaining. So where would those ideals leave a club like City —forever on the outside because Europe belongs to who? Manchester United? Arsenal?

It didn’t take long for the established elite to make their displeasure known after City’s victory at the Court of Arbitration. They sense the current UEFA president Aleksander Ceferin is more concerned by Bayern Munich’s eight Bundesliga titles in a row and Juventus’s nine in Italy, than he is by the danger of new investors. Before this current run, no team had won the German title more than three times in succession. In Italy, the biggest winning streak was five.

What is going on in Europe right now is fantastically unhealthy. These are major leagues traditionally very competitive
This is not BATE Borisov’s 13 straight titles in Belarus. It is also a direct result of Financial Fair Play rules as good as written by a cabal, so that the only legitimate sources of investment are theirs.

If a club can only spend what it generates then Manchester United and Liverpool, Real Madrid and Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Juventus will always have the most money in their domestic leagues. Here’s Bayern chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge on the future. ‘When we passed FFP 10 years ago, it was said you must not spend more money than you earn, this must again become the starting point.’

Note that ‘we’. Naive folk may think of FFP as UEFA’s rule but it is steered by an elitist faction. And in which formal meeting was this decided? It is sometimes asked. There wasn’t one. There doesn’t have to be one.

UEFA’s head of legal worked for Manchester United; one of the independent adjudicators who decided on City’s ban was a former chief executive of Liverpool; David Gill who regularly hosts in the Manchester United directors’ suite is a UEFA vice-president and treasurer; the European Clubs Association president is from Juventus; the previous one was from Bayern Munich.

These men no more need an official minuted gathering to carve up football, than a husband and wife need one to decide on dinner. They live in the same house. The meeting is permanent. City wouldn’t bow in the face of it. And this is what frightens them all.
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:36 am

Harry Dowd scored wrote:Martin Samuels article about the cartel enjoy -:

There is an episode of Only Fools And Horses — The Class of ’62 — in which the bent copper, Slater, organises a school reunion.

He’s newly released from Parkhurst and wants to make amends for his wrongs. Initially, his old class-mates are reluctant. Over time, he’s extorted, used and framed them all.

Yet seeing Slater now as a pitiful, remorseful figure, the sentimental Del Boy is the first to crack and join him at the bar. One by one, the group relent and order drinks. Only Trigger and Boycie are holding out. Until…

Boycie: How can you drink with Slater? That’s the man who stitched you up with them knocked-off Green Shield stamps and sent you away for 18 months.

Trigger: I know. But when I came out I got an electric blanket and a radio. (Winks.)

That’s pretty much how a number of observers think Manchester City should have treated the UEFA investigation.

The source material might have been hacked, the charges might have been historic and former employees of their major rivals might have been part of the independent process, but City should have co-operated and come quietly, meekly accepted their banishment like good little boys and settled for life on football’s periphery.

Maybe, some years from now, they might have clawed their way back into the Europa League, or some UEFA satellite competition, and been content with the game’s equivalent of Trigger’s electric blanket and radio.

Always providing they were allowed in. Not so long ago, the current head of the European Clubs Association, Andrea Agnelli of Juventus, advocated that Roma should qualify for the Champions League at the expense of Atalanta, due to their historic success. Atalanta are currently third to Roma’s fifth, 11 points ahead with one Serie A game remaining. So where would those ideals leave a club like City —forever on the outside because Europe belongs to who? Manchester United? Arsenal?

It didn’t take long for the established elite to make their displeasure known after City’s victory at the Court of Arbitration. They sense the current UEFA president Aleksander Ceferin is more concerned by Bayern Munich’s eight Bundesliga titles in a row and Juventus’s nine in Italy, than he is by the danger of new investors. Before this current run, no team had won the German title more than three times in succession. In Italy, the biggest winning streak was five.

What is going on in Europe right now is fantastically unhealthy. These are major leagues traditionally very competitive
This is not BATE Borisov’s 13 straight titles in Belarus. It is also a direct result of Financial Fair Play rules as good as written by a cabal, so that the only legitimate sources of investment are theirs.

If a club can only spend what it generates then Manchester United and Liverpool, Real Madrid and Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Juventus will always have the most money in their domestic leagues. Here’s Bayern chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge on the future. ‘When we passed FFP 10 years ago, it was said you must not spend more money than you earn, this must again become the starting point.’

Note that ‘we’. Naive folk may think of FFP as UEFA’s rule but it is steered by an elitist faction. And in which formal meeting was this decided? It is sometimes asked. There wasn’t one. There doesn’t have to be one.

UEFA’s head of legal worked for Manchester United; one of the independent adjudicators who decided on City’s ban was a former chief executive of Liverpool; David Gill who regularly hosts in the Manchester United directors’ suite is a UEFA vice-president and treasurer; the European Clubs Association president is from Juventus; the previous one was from Bayern Munich.

These men no more need an official minuted gathering to carve up football, than a husband and wife need one to decide on dinner. They live in the same house. The meeting is permanent. City wouldn’t bow in the face of it. And this is what frightens them all.

Completely right, The Cartel need breaking now.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby sheblue » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:21 pm

Again he has hit the nail on the head.
But this is not over, they will not relent, more battles lie ahead.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:48 pm

I love Martin Samuel

Sticks it right up them and it fucking hurts them to the core ,it hurts as he’s the number 1 sports journalist in the UK and not some billy no mark like Stan “beat women up”Collymore that’s compiled that little beaut.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby nottsblue » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:55 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
Harry Dowd scored wrote:Martin Samuels article about the cartel enjoy -:

Completely right, The Cartel need breaking now.

As usual, Martin is on point. Breaking it up into language and terms even the thickest layman can understand. He knows his stuff.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:28 pm

I complained to the BBC about their reporting of the CAS ruling this is their reply -:

Thank you for getting in touch about our reporting on Manchester City’s Uefa FFP case.

As a result of the Court of Arbitration for Sport’s (CAS) 93-page legal document being released to the media with no embargo to allow preparation, the news story was a naturally developing one over the first couple of hours as the full details were fully digested. The piece underwent a number of changes in that period. Importantly none of the alterations were as a result of factual errors – it was the process of our journalists developing the initial take into the full story.

By 9.00pm the story was finalised with headline and copy referencing the fact that the report had found there was 'no conclusive evidence” Manchester City “disguised funding from their owner as sponsorship'.

The criticism of Manchester City by CAS was an important part of the story. Manchester City were said to have committed a “severe breach” by showing a “blatant disregard” to UEFA, European football’s governing body. The panel said that Manchester City were to be “seriously reproached” for obstructing UEFA’s investigation. The 10m Euros fine, albeit reduced from 30m, remains one of the biggest in football history.

When the CAS verdict was released the previous week we had already reported prominently that Manchester City had overturned their ban and had been cleared of “disguising equity funds as sponsorship contributions.” https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53387306

Therefore in our initial version of the story on the release of the full report we focused on the criticism of Manchester City from CAS that we judged key new information. We included high up in the story that “the panel cannot reach the conclusion that disguised funding was paid to City” and in subsequent versions built up that part of the story with more information.

Reporting on a complex and evolving story like this required our journalists to digest a high volume of detail to produce an accurate and impartial account of the case.

Thank you again for your feedback, which has been shared with the relevant teams.

Kind regards,

BBC Complaints Team
www.bbc.co.uk/complaints
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:09 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:I complained to the BBC about their reporting of the CAS ruling this is their reply -:

Thank you for getting in touch about our reporting on Manchester City’s Uefa FFP case.

As a result of the Court of Arbitration for Sport’s (CAS) 93-page legal document being released to the media with no embargo to allow preparation, the news story was a naturally developing one over the first couple of hours as the full details were fully digested. The piece underwent a number of changes in that period. Importantly none of the alterations were as a result of factual errors – it was the process of our journalists developing the initial take into the full story.

By 9.00pm the story was finalised with headline and copy referencing the fact that the report had found there was 'no conclusive evidence” Manchester City “disguised funding from their owner as sponsorship'.

The criticism of Manchester City by CAS was an important part of the story. Manchester City were said to have committed a “severe breach” by showing a “blatant disregard” to UEFA, European football’s governing body. The panel said that Manchester City were to be “seriously reproached” for obstructing UEFA’s investigation. The 10m Euros fine, albeit reduced from 30m, remains one of the biggest in football history.

When the CAS verdict was released the previous week we had already reported prominently that Manchester City had overturned their ban and had been cleared of “disguising equity funds as sponsorship contributions.” https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53387306

Therefore in our initial version of the story on the release of the full report we focused on the criticism of Manchester City from CAS that we judged key new information. We included high up in the story that “the panel cannot reach the conclusion that disguised funding was paid to City” and in subsequent versions built up that part of the story with more information.

Reporting on a complex and evolving story like this required our journalists to digest a high volume of detail to produce an accurate and impartial account of the case.

Thank you again for your feedback, which has been shared with the relevant teams.

Kind regards,

BBC Complaints Team
http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints

Why didn't they just cut out the bullshit and say "fuck off" as that's all it boils down to......?
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Nickyboy » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:19 pm

I focussed my complaint more on Dan Roan and included his Twitter ouput in my complaint so let's see whether when I get a response it's a copy and paste of that one or not
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Nickyboy » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:20 pm

Just checked my email, exact same response.

Cunts and you can't even reply to it
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Nickyboy » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:38 pm

I feel like I want to complain about the BBC complaints process.
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Simister » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:15 pm

Nickyboy wrote:Just checked my email, exact same response.

Cunts and you can't even reply to it

and mine
Simister
Superman's Underpants

My favourite player is: SWP

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:19 pm

I offer you this if you can't nod off tonight - guaranteed zzs inside 10 minutes
in case it worked here's the punchline at the end

"Nevertheless, in this author’s opinion, having now read the CAS Decision, this entire dispute appears over-hyped and demonstrative of an element of desperation from UEFA to pin a charge on MCFC. The absence of cogent evidence from UEFA / the CFCB is astounding and this author is in disbelief that the AC Decision, let alone the Referral Decision, was made on the basis of the evidence available. Neither the CAS nor the purpose and aim of the CLFFPR should be undermined for the CFCB’s decision to proceed with a case that could not be properly proved. Admittedly, however, one upshot of that could be that clubs will be even more vigilant in ensuring their compliance with the CLFFPR to avoid being ardently pursued by UEFA."

https://www.footballlaw.co.uk/articles/ ... ubbish-out
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:22 pm

You know that thing called financial 'fair' play?

Since its introduction in 2011...

Bundesliga winners - Bayern 8/9 titles

Ligue 1 winners - PSG 8/9 titles

La liga winners - Barca & Madrid 8/9 titles

Serie A winners - Juve 9/9 titles

Really levelling the playing field UEFA?
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:23 am

Harry Dowd scored wrote:You know that thing called financial 'fair' play?

Since its introduction in 2011...

Bundesliga winners - Bayern 8/9 titles

Ligue 1 winners - PSG 8/9 titles

La liga winners - Barca & Madrid 8/9 titles

Serie A winners - Juve 9/9 titles

Really levelling the playing field UEFA?

The Cartel 4 would be sharing the League the players and rotating who wins the FA cup. The Premier Is bent.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum