Other games this week

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Other games this week

Postby nottsblue » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:52 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:Seven goals which were originally awarded against Manchester United have been overturned by VAR this season, the joint-most of any side in the Premier League this campaign (also Southampton and Brighton).

Coincidence?

The dippers had the benefit of doubt with them last season. This season it’s the rags.

The PL is a well oiled machine in promoting what it wants
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:53 pm

It’s all a sham and so predictable when you realise that they need some interest, especially now. Sky have turned a threat into an opportunity by getting the league going again without fans. If you want to watch your team you have to pay for it and if it goes into next season then they’re quids in.

Games like this really make you question why you watch any other team. Apart from out games, I only tune in now to see what they get from the ref And how the games are manipulated. And, to be fair, it happens very often and always where the PL cartel clubs are concerned.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:05 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Harry Dowd scored wrote:Seven goals which were originally awarded against Manchester United have been overturned by VAR this season, the joint-most of any side in the Premier League this campaign (also Southampton and Brighton).

Coincidence?

The dippers had the benefit of doubt with them last season. This season it’s the rags.

The PL is a well oiled machine in promoting what it wants

The Dippers had all the decisions last year that made it look a competition. This year, the PL and their lacky’s went overboard and tried to force the issue which has led to where we are now. It’s been noticeable that once it looks like the league is won the dodgy decisions they get seem to stop and all of a sudden they look mediocre for a PL winning team. In the CL they looked terrible and were rightly knocked out when they came up against a manager with a bit of tactical awareness.

Now we’re left to watch some really shite football which is lifted to Brazil type praise, and in that we still get controversial decisions which were supposed to have been eradicated but reasoned away by their paid pundits.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Simister » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:14 pm

I haven't read much more about FIFA taking over the operation of VAR since the announcement last week.
Simister
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: SWP

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:10 pm

Simister wrote:I haven't read much more about FIFA taking over the operation of VAR since the announcement last week.

They will once the cheating cunts in the VAR room have finalized their game of chess for the season .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:29 pm

They had their heads together at pigmol
“we can’t keep giving united penalties, they have broke the record already at 14, I know, let’s disallow all goals scored against them “
“what about penalties”? asked Riley “
“They know not to allow them already” said Oliver.
“Sounds like a plan” said Riley “ Implement with immediate effect”
“Copy that” said Oliver.

And so it was from that day.
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:09 am

Why are the media not making a big deal about this? Or other teams? I understand why Hodgeson won’t because the FA covered up his friendship with Saville. But why do the rest of them just not bother kicking up a fuss?!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:55 am

Mase wrote:Why are the media not making a big deal about this? Or other teams? I understand why Hodgeson won’t because the FA covered up his friendship with Saville. But why do the rest of them just not bother kicking up a fuss?!

I think you know the answer to your question, let me guess, less fuss the better, keep a low profile, it goes away quicker. Any where near with that?
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:20 am

Since the title was awarded early and CAS ruined the 'fifth place is a CL place' excitement, something is needed to retain interest for the few games remaining. Therefore it will be a three way battle for two CL places until Chelsea and Rags just pip Leicester on the last day. A BAFTA winning script.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:38 am

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:Since the title was awarded early and CAS ruined the 'fifth place is a CL place' excitement, something is needed to retain interest for the few games remaining. Therefore it will be a three way battle for two CL places until Chelsea and Rags just pip Leicester on the last day. A BAFTA winning script.

Agree, it’s almost as is they are manipulating a de facto play off scenario, the Leicester v rags will be almost a play off final for champs league football, some money and clicks generated methinks
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Postby salford city » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:07 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:Since the title was awarded early and CAS ruined the 'fifth place is a CL place' excitement, something is needed to retain interest for the few games remaining. Therefore it will be a three way battle for two CL places until Chelsea and Rags just pip Leicester on the last day. A BAFTA winning script.

Agree, it’s almost as is they are manipulating a de facto play off scenario, the Leicester v rags will be almost a play off final for champs league football, some money and clicks generated methinks

That was exactly how the beeb were dressing it up in their article yesterday.
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:57 pm

salford city wrote:
Harry Dowd scored wrote:

That was exactly how the beeb were dressing it up in their article yesterday.

So , once again , fans of many clubs will be seething and will be venting their fury over blatant cheating by the VAR officials.

It cannot be incompetence as its a ''press a fuckign button'' to see if there was a foul for fucks sake....the system is there to use..its not a difficult system.......its basically incompetence proof and cheating can be the only answer as to why this is happening.

I'm sick and tired of nothing being done to rectify this blatant fucking cheating - its gone beyond laughable now.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:32 pm

WBA losing at Huddersfield looks like Leeds get automatic promotion bad for WBA too
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Postby salford city » Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:03 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:WBA losing at Huddersfield looks like Leeds get automatic promotion bad for WBA too

Let's hope our away game there is after xmas. May be able to go there again it's been a while.. Alwsys liked going there
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:15 pm

Hammers hammering Watford 2-0 already
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Postby nottsblue » Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:30 pm

salford city wrote:
Harry Dowd scored wrote:WBA losing at Huddersfield looks like Leeds get automatic promotion bad for WBA too

Let's hope our away game there is after xmas. May be able to go there again it's been a while.. Alwsys liked going there

We will be away at a newly promoted club within the first six games guaranteed. Whereas the dippers will have a home tie first up. It’s just a small advantage but it’s one the PL can and do slip in without many people noticing
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:01 pm

Looking grim for Watford 3-0 down
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:06 pm

nottsblue wrote:
salford city wrote:

We will be away at a newly promoted club within the first six games guaranteed. Whereas the dippers will have a home tie first up. It’s just a small advantage but it’s one the PL can and do slip in without many people noticing

Might as well play away for first few games as will be behind closed doors.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:15 pm

Looking grim for Watford 3-1
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:51 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:Looking grim for Watford 3-1

Didn’t quite work ;-)

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum