Mendy

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Mendy

Postby john@staustell » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:20 pm

Mase wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:
Mase wrote:Has Angelino‘s loan finished now? Can he play for us?

Hes worse.

So we need a nee left back, whos the answer? Ben chilwell mostly certainly isnt so i hope we dont sign him. What alternatives do we have?

Worse how? When has he been responsible for us conceding and it’s been purely his fault?

Far worse mate
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Mase » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:27 pm

john@staustell wrote:
Mase wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:

Hes worse.

So we need a nee left back, whos the answer? Ben chilwell mostly certainly isnt so i hope we dont sign him. What alternatives do we have?

Worse how? When has he been responsible for us conceding and it’s been purely his fault?

Far worse mate

In what aspects of his game?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby john@staustell » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:26 pm

Anything in our half of the field. Mase mate - if you have a few beers on the night, just watch re-runs of the oppo lobbing balls over Angelino and his appalling positioning
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby aaron bond » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:39 pm

Great start from Mendy today.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Mase » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:53 pm

john@staustell wrote:Anything in our half of the field. Mase mate - if you have a few beers on the night, just watch re-runs of the oppo lobbing balls over Angelino and his appalling positioning

I just need to watch Mendy tonight to realise no one is this bad.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby sheblue » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:07 pm

He just cannot defend.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Wooders » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:19 pm

Dubciteh wrote:

Hes worse.

How/why is one of the best and most consistent left backs in the league “not the answer” precisely?
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Simister » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:37 pm

Chilwell may not be the quickest or most flambuoyant, but what we need in defence now are true professionals who have intelligence, who don't routinely make mistakes and who don't lose concentration. Laporte was a good start.

That rules out Mendy, Otta and Stones for a start. Zinch can go back to midfield cover. Angelino can be sold on.
Simister
Superman's Underpants

My favourite player is: SWP

Postby City64 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:59 pm

Simister wrote:Chilwell may not be the quickest or most flambuoyant, but what we need in defence now are true professionals who have intelligence, who don't routinely make mistakes and who don't lose concentration. Laporte was a good start.

That rules out Mendy, Otta and Stones for a start. Zinch can go back to midfield cover. Angelino can be sold on.

Pretty much how I see it , some seriously poor defenders there and also add Cancelo to the list .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Dubciteh » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:25 pm

Wooders wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:

Hes worse.

How/why is one of the best and most consistent left backs in the league “not the answer” precisely?

Watch him play against us for a start, yet to have a good game. Then consider the 80m needed to get him. He is slightly above average but would cost an abs bomb. He gets away with just been ok/good cos he plays for leicester where his performances aren’t scrutinized. I cant recall a game against a top side where i have really thought u know what he’s excellent. He pinged one in the top corner against watford after being below average, gave the ball away, got caught of position. Stuff he abs wouldnt get away with at city. Giving the ball away more than once for us is criminal but for leicester that’s ok. Hes also not particularly quick which we abs need for our set up especially full back.
I will give him one thing he gets up and down the line well but 80m price tag, no thanks. Just my opinion of course.
Rodgers will replace him with tierney or someone and if he keeps him fit there will be very little difference in quality.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Dubciteh » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:28 pm

Simister wrote:Chilwell may not be the quickest or most flambuoyant, but what we need in defence now are true professionals who have intelligence, who don't routinely make mistakes and who don't lose concentration. Laporte was a good start.

Get stephen jordan out of retirement so as he fits your criteria.

What we need is the best available left back in the world, whoever that may be. Spend a bit more and get the best like the dippers did with vvd and allison. Dont settle for second rate and don't overpay for average shite. If ur going to overpay make sure u get the best in the world who can come in and hit the ground running like we did with kyle walker 3 years ago.
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Dubciteh » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:31 pm

Ps Enda Stephens at sheff united who cost 500k or possibly even free is as good as chilwell. His mistake last week aside hes been second to only robertson all season in terms of left backs in the league.
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Mase » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:20 am

Chilwell is no better than Luke Shaw.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:32 am

If we get Koulibaly maybe Pep has a plan for 3 at he back. 7 forwards.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby sheblue » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:15 pm

Dubciteh wrote:

Get stephen jordan out of retirement so as he fits your criteria.

What we need is the best available left back in the world, whoever that may be. Spend a bit more and get the best like the dippers did with vvd and allison. Dont settle for second rate and don't overpay for average shite. If ur going to overpay make sure u get the best in the world who can come in and hit the ground running like we did with kyle walker 3 years ago.

The best left back in the world... unfortunately easier said that done. In reality we have been trying to sort the left back position since long before Pep came, and it hasn't worked out the way we would like. Yes we got by but it was always a problem position for this team. We thought Mendy would possibly solve it in being a solid regular first choice left back, but alas injuries or whatever other reasons, it just has not worked and it looks like were rapidly heading back to square one again, five years later.

Loosing 8 league games (so far) is more than partially as a result of having a makeshift defence. We need to spend a big chunk of our transfer budget on a left back and centre back, the centre back we should have got last season. If we did maybe we wouldnt have lost all those games.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:11 pm

Stones ,Mendy and Otto need to go this summer - no if’s or buts about it .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Mase » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:16 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Stones ,Mendy and Otto need to go this summer - no if’s or buts about it .

Otter was captain when Silva went off against Newcastle. Probably our best captain ever.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:48 pm

Mase wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Stones ,Mendy and Otto need to go this summer - no if’s or buts about it .

Otter was captain when Silva went off against Newcastle. Probably our best captain ever.

None of them are good enough Mase..they all have a couple of mistakes a game within their current style of play.

Shite...we need better.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby salford city » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:16 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Mase wrote:

None of them are good enough Mase..they all have a couple of mistakes a game within their current style of play.

Shite...we need better.

Agreed, don't know what happened to Stones - he has fallen off a cliff. Was prepared to given Mendy a chance after his injury problems but he is not where we need to be. All three have at least one mistake a game in them. All that said, I think it shows just what protection Fern provided in DM
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Wooders » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:20 pm

Oh I see, we should just sign the best left back in the world, whoever that might be

Sounds like a plan
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum