***Saints V City Official Match Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Saints V City Official Match Thread***

Postby nottsblue » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:27 pm

Sometimes the opposition goal leads a charmed life and nothing goes the attacking sides way. Today was one of those days. It happens and it least it’s in a PL game and not a cup game or we are out
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mase » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:34 pm

Could have used a Sancho type today to just run at their defence, instead of the left to right to left...

Shame Pep doesn’t fancy him.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:45 pm

nottsblue wrote:Sometimes the opposition goal leads a charmed life and nothing goes the attacking sides way. Today was one of those days. It happens and it least it’s in a PL game and not a cup game or we are out

From a couple of the line-ups we’ve seen from the restart it seems to show how serious we’re taking it. We’re basically sorted for the PL and knew we couldn’t get anything better, but we could in the FA Cup and Champ’s League. We’re in a strange situation where we have no interest in one competition but plenty in the others, are we now treating this as a pre-season considering we’re not going to get any type of break compared to the likes of the Dippers?

One thing I’ve noticed is that we’ve spanked teams when it has mattered and done not so well against teams that we have no interest in or could do our rivals over. Beat Arsenal, Burnley, Newcastle and the Dippers and lose against Chelsea (fighting with Rags for CL) and the Saints (a bit of confidence for them, playing Rags in 2 games time).

Maybe wishful thinking but how can we go from setting a team up to win a game to setting one up in hope.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:52 pm

PeP has to fucking start dropping some players and stick with a winning formula - I get we play every 3 days and I'm not stupid to not expect us to change some players playing time but for fucks sake..he fuckign goes overboard making whole sale changes and it doesn't fucking work.

IMO , this seasons losses are down to him not being able to have a settled back 3 or 4..hes never kept the same players more than 2 games in a row.

Its cost us and its his main downfall.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:17 am

I am not sure anyone at the club is that arsed about the league matches this season. We are going to finish second.

I find it prodigiously boring watching teams put eleven men behind the ball for 90-odd minutes.

Southampton defended well. But it is easy to defend when that is all you intend to do.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Mase » Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:12 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:I find it prodigiously boring watching teams put eleven men behind the ball for 90-odd minutes.

Southampton defended well. But it is easy to defend when that is all you intend to do.

One of the reasons I gave my season ticket up was because of teams coming to ours and just whacking 11 men behind the ball. It’s pathetic. Every week!!

It shows how bad the Premier League is when it’s not just shit teams doing it, but teams like Chelsea have done it the last few times we’ve played them as well.

Congratulating Southampton for us making a mistake and then missing chance after chance and insinuating they played like Barcelona was ridiculous to hear.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:48 am

Mase wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:I find it prodigiously boring watching teams put eleven men behind the ball for 90-odd minutes.

One of the reasons I gave my season ticket up was because of teams coming to ours and just whacking 11 men behind the ball. It’s pathetic. Every week!!

It shows how bad the Premier League is when it’s not just shit teams doing it, but teams like Chelsea have done it the last few times we’ve played them as well.

Congratulating Southampton for us making a mistake and then missing chance after chance and insinuating they played like Barcelona was ridiculous to hear.

he was taking the piss.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby City64 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:50 am

Another typical game of where one of our players fucks up and gives the opposition the desire and momentum to defend well against us . Nothing went for us but you have to give credit to the Saints for how they defended and gave everything and the amount of blocks in an around the 6 yard box was incredible. Huge concern for us over the form of Jesus , he gave us nothing last night a passenger bereft of confidence.One touch of magic or class to turn the game was all it required last night sadly nothing was there . All said and done the league for us is all done and dusted it is just about keeping our squad fit for the FA cup and CL , if we win one of those I will be happy as fuck . No crowds and tv dictating everything can just fuck off it is fucking awful going to the games and getting pissed up is the fucking real deal fuck them idiots blurting bullshit in your lugs 24/7 .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:26 am

Hazy2 wrote:
Mase wrote:

he was taking the piss.

He wasn’t
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:05 am

Mase wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
Mase wrote:

he was taking the piss.

He wasn’t

Like he was really thanking WITH A BIG BIG HAND SHAKE with Oliver AND THE Liners, at Anfield, Pep is a proper sarci fucker. 74% possession 26 shots you think he was serious haha "It sums up our season his words" A one liner from Zinch, that will be straight from Pep to him at Half time. He will have been brutal, cutting and horrible with him and the team in that changing room. 2 comps to win sort out your shit would have been the message, Look at Raheem with Zinch.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby PeterParker » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:19 am

Hazy2 wrote:
Mase wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
Mase wrote:

he was taking the piss.

He wasn’t

Like he was really thanking WITH A BIG BIG HAND SHAKE with Oliver AND THE Liners, at Anfield, Pep is a proper sarci fucker. 74% possession 26 shots you think he was serious haha "It sums up our season his words" A one liner from Zinch, that will be straight from Pep to him at Half time. He will have been brutal, cutting and horrible with him and the team in that changing room. 2 comps to win sort out your shit would have been the message, Look at Raheem with Zinch.

In all fairness, Raheem is the last to talk. His misses cost us at least 10 points this year, nevermind the defence howlers.
Even as poor as it was, we could had won without an issue last night if we took our chances.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:50 am

We miss chances and are still top scorers again, Raheem is way of his prime but has his quota and brain farts I know that, Wed was the last meaningful game in the league, I like Raheem asking Zinch WTF. I would like to see it more and with officials TBH.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby City64 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:54 am

Hazy2 wrote:We miss chances and are still top scorers again, Raheem is way of his prime but has his quota and brain farts I know that, Wed was the last meaningful game in the league, I like Raheem asking Zinch WTF. I would like to see it more and with officials TBH.

Yeah I love to see our players giving other city players who fuck up a bollicking . Zinchenko howler was as bad as Mendy,s v the chavs it was fucking diabolical and belongs in the lower leagues not elite football.
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby stupot » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:04 am

Raheem was fuming with that and rightly so. It wasn't the only time Zinch did it either yesterday. The guy is shocking- he plays a backward pass 9 times out of 10 and still gives it away more than anyone.
I thought 1 of the few plus points yesterday was Cancelo, he looked very good.
I've defended Jesus a lot but he looked well short of confidence yesterday, Bernardo was poor as was Raz but 20 odd shots and no goals is crazy.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum