Man City vs Barcodes match thread

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Man City vs Barcodes match thread

Postby Mase » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:24 pm

stupot wrote:Fair enough. Note to self " must research harder".

Researched David Silva's quote in 17/18. " I can tell my son in years to come i played with the greatest ever African player".

Silva isn’t wrong. Yaya came to City from Barca after winning the Champions League. We were lucky to have him imo.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby stupot » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:33 pm

Me too mate. I remember the Derby when we won the league in 11/12 with Vinny's header Yaya was unplayable that day.
Carl- you don't have to tell me about King Colin. I love the guy and am delighted to sit in the stand named after him.
What do you think about Franny Lee off the pitch seeing as he's the guy who authorised his sacking as Youth Team Coach.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby patrickblue » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:59 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
stupot wrote:Fair enough. Note to self " must research harder".

Researched David Silva's quote in 17/18. " I can tell my son in years to come i played with the greatest ever African player".

Shame he didn't play with Colin Bell in that era.

n retirement, Bell continued to play a part in Manchester City's fortunes, as he was a youth coach at the club, and then also returned to the club in the 1990s as an ambassador of the club.It is a measure of how highly regarded he is by City that one of the stands at the City of Manchester Stadium was renamed “The Colin Bell Stand” in his honour.

Bell's legacy at City is considerable, he is widely regarded as the club's finest ever player, and during his time at the club, City won one league title, two league cups, an FA Cup and a European Cup Winners Cup.

Contemporaries of Bell, and pundits have been effusive in their praise of the man, Bobby Charlton claimed that “Bell was unquestionably a great player,” while Tom Finney claimed that “Colin Bell was as good as anything I've ever seen.

For City and for England, Bell was a great player, a player whose modest nature meant that he naturally shied away from publicity, and perhaps did not get the recognition that he deserved.

City fans, old and new, fondly remember Bell's performances in a Manchester City shirt, and he—quite rightly—is hailed as a cult hero by everyone affiliated with the club.

Although although as I said before, Colin Bell is my all time hero (along with the Goat), his modest nature did my head in when reading his biography. It was like Uriah Heep, "ever so umble" all the way through.
Modesty is a fine trait to possess, but taken to extremes it becomes galling.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:21 pm

stupot wrote:.
What do you think about Franny Lee off the pitch seeing as he's the guy who authorised his sacking as Youth Team Coach.

Would you like to elaborate ?
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby stupot » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:37 pm

Franny Lee another hero from that era on the pitch letting Colin Bell be sacked whilst he was in Barbados.
With your not being able to be a legend on the pitch unless you're an ambassador off it stance i wondered what your opinion on Franny was.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:15 pm

stupot wrote:Franny Lee another hero from that era on the pitch letting Colin Bell be sacked whilst he was in Barbados.
With your not being able to be a legend on the pitch unless you're an ambassador off it stance i wondered what your opinion on Franny was.

He’s a cunt for the way he sacked CB.
I’ve always had that feeling about him .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby stupot » Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:34 pm

We're in agreement on that then.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:50 pm

CB and DS have very similar characters. They led/lead by example and let their feet do the talking. Both are shy and retiring away from the pitch and both deserve legendary recognition for what they achieved in their time with us (CB still walking the floor).

Just wish Dave could finish with that elusive European trophy and then he could have the set, just like Colin.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum