Man City vs Barcodes match thread

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Man City vs Barcodes match thread

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:08 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Just watching the highlights back again. Foden really did morph into Silva last night, two excellent pre assists to set up the first two goals and then goes and misses two sitters himself.

Well , they do say he is continuously learning from Silva ))

How could he not, the greatest player to ever wear a blue shirt to date. My lad was 12 when he left Valencia to come to us. 10 years later I have said to my lad enjoy it whilst it lasts. It will be a long time before we get MF doing what he has over the period he has. Like with Vinny we are losing more than a player, and we know that has gone.

Sarcasm is fucking lost on you.

Colin Bell is the greatest ever player to wear the shirt BTW[/quote

Colin Bell is my all time City hero, but Silva is edging it. I plan to be better with you Carl going forward maybe now we have the king in common we can build in this moment.

Silva is up there and will always be a legend for City ,and rightly so...but Colin Bell will always be Mr Man City for me...nearly 400 games he played for us.

Peace.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby patrickblue » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:38 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Well , they do say he is continuously learning from Silva ))

How could he not, the greatest player to ever wear a blue shirt to date. My lad was 12 when he left Valencia to come to us. 10 years later I have said to my lad enjoy it whilst it lasts. It will be a long time before we get MF doing what he has over the period he has. Like with Vinny we are losing more than a player, and we know that has gone.

Sarcasm is fucking lost on you.

Colin Bell is the greatest ever player to wear the shirt BTW[/quote

Colin Bell is my all time City hero, but Silva is edging it. I plan to be better with you Carl going forward maybe now we have the king in common we can build in this moment.

Silva is up there and will always be a legend for City ,and rightly so...but Colin Bell will always be Mr Man City for me...nearly 400 games he played for us.

Peace.

David Silva just equalled Steven Gerrard's Premier League assist total with 92. He did it in 199 less games. Oh and he actually won the league, four times.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:58 pm

DS is a bigger legend...is all you had to say Patrick.
We all have our favorites in legendary order ))
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby patrickblue » Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:34 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:DS is a bigger legend...is all you had to say Patrick.

I'm didn't say that in the context of DS being a bigger legend than Colin Bell.
In fact, my two all time legends are Colin Bell, and the Goat.
I posted it just to demonstrate what a superb player big Dave is, and the fact he's pissed all over slippy's stats.
This is the same slippy the media have been wanking over for years.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby stupot » Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:48 am

King Colin was my idol as a kid. Absolute legend.
In my humble opinion though I'd put DS and Yaya ahead of him. DS as the best player i've ever seen wearing our shirt and Yaya as the man for the big occasions.
If Kev stays another few years he could eclipse all of them.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:51 am

Tevez is the best player I’ve seen in a City shirt. Imagine if he’d actually liked football!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:25 pm

stupot wrote:King Colin was my idol as a kid. Absolute legend.
In my humble opinion though I'd put DS and Yaya ahead of him. DS as the best player i've ever seen wearing our shirt and Yaya as the man for the big occasions.
If Kev stays another few years he could eclipse all of them.

Yaya above Colin Bell !!!????

The same guy who caused untold problems for us ?

Christ on a bike!!! - please save me from this madness !!!!!
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:27 pm

patrickblue wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:DS is a bigger legend...is all you had to say Patrick.

I'm didn't say that in the context of DS being a bigger legend than Colin Bell.
In fact, my two all time legends are Colin Bell, and the Goat.
I posted it just to demonstrate what a superb player big Dave is, and the fact he's pissed all over slippy's stats.
This is the same slippy the media have been wanking over for years.

DS needs no one to try justify what a great player or legend he is —- that’s a given.

The cunts who never voted for him for POTY should be ashamed .
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby stupot » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:32 pm

Didn't say as a person, i said as a footballer.
He didn't cause us untold problems in the Semi against the rags, the final against Stoke.
The 2 against Newcastle in the 1st title win.
The 20 odd goals from midfield in 13/14.
The goal against Sunderland at Wembley.
The pen against Liverpool at Wembley.

Micah had it right. He said David Number 1 but if you're going for the man for the occasion it's Yaya.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:37 pm

stupot wrote:Didn't say as a person, i said as a footballer.
He didn't cause us untold problems in the Semi against the rags, the final against Stoke.
The 2 against Newcastle in the 1st title win.
The 20 odd goals from midfield in 13/14.
The goal against Sunderland at Wembley.
The pen against Liverpool at Wembley.

Micah had it right. He said David Number 1 but if you're going for the man for the occasion it's Yaya.

Doesn’t matter how good you were on the pitch - you have to be an ambassador off it and Yaya was a fucking cunt off it .
Thats not even a debate .
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby stupot » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:46 pm

His agent was the cunt and no doubt Yaya was thick for giving him so much leeway.
The players all loved him though as you could see when he got the presentation in 17/18 after his last game and when he was on the pitch at Brighton as a pundit after winning the league last year so he couldn't have been that bad off it.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mase » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:50 pm

To be fair, it was Yaya that claimed that ‘Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has a “problem with Africans”’

He was just a muppet off the pitch but I could careless. He saved us on numerous occasions
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:51 pm

stupot wrote:His agent was the cunt and no doubt Yaya was thick for giving him so much leeway.
The players all loved him though as you could see when he got the presentation in 17/18 after his last game and when he was on the pitch at Brighton as a pundit after winning the league last year so he couldn't have been that bad off it.

He called pep a racist .

That’s worse than being smacked in the mouth - so yes , Yaya was an amazing player on the pitch , off it he was a cunt.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:53 pm

Mase wrote:To be fair, it was Yaya that claimed that ‘Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has a “problem with Africans”’

He was just a muppet off the pitch but I could careless. He saved us on numerous occasions

When a fan puts Colin Bell (arguably City’s best ever player and no argument as to him being the best Ambasador off it ) behind Yaya Toure in legendary status then yeh , it matters .

Colin Bells legendary status matters .

(I’m going to start a movement )
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby stupot » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:54 pm

Was it Yaya who claimed that Mase, i thought it was that prick of an agent.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mase » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:04 pm

stupot wrote:Was it Yaya who claimed that Mase, i thought it was that prick of an agent.

Yaya unfortunately.

“Maybe us Africans aren't always treated the same by certain people. When you see the problems he (Pep) has often had with African players, everywhere he has been, I ask myself questions.

“I want to be the one who breaks the Guardiola myth (of not liking African players),” said Toure. “I think I was dealing with someone who just wanted revenge on me.

“I do not know why, but I have the impression that he was jealous of me, that he took me for a rival. There you have it.

“We always looked at each other weirdly. It was as though I made him a little nervous.”

Still an absolute legend for me that saved us against United in the semi, Stoke in the final, the two Newcastle goals.
Last edited by Mase on Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:06 pm

stupot wrote:Was it Yaya who claimed that Mase, i thought it was that prick of an agent.

I do plenty of research !!! Hint hint
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby stupot » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:13 pm

Fair enough. Note to self " must research harder".

Researched David Silva's quote in 17/18. " I can tell my son in years to come i played with the greatest ever African player".
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:21 pm

stupot wrote:Fair enough. Note to self " must research harder".

Researched David Silva's quote in 17/18. " I can tell my son in years to come i played with the greatest ever African player".

Shame he didn't play with Colin Bell in that era.

n retirement, Bell continued to play a part in Manchester City's fortunes, as he was a youth coach at the club, and then also returned to the club in the 1990s as an ambassador of the club.It is a measure of how highly regarded he is by City that one of the stands at the City of Manchester Stadium was renamed “The Colin Bell Stand” in his honour.

Bell's legacy at City is considerable, he is widely regarded as the club's finest ever player, and during his time at the club, City won one league title, two league cups, an FA Cup and a European Cup Winners Cup.

Contemporaries of Bell, and pundits have been effusive in their praise of the man, Bobby Charlton claimed that “Bell was unquestionably a great player,” while Tom Finney claimed that “Colin Bell was as good as anything I've ever seen.

For City and for England, Bell was a great player, a player whose modest nature meant that he naturally shied away from publicity, and perhaps did not get the recognition that he deserved.

City fans, old and new, fondly remember Bell's performances in a Manchester City shirt, and he—quite rightly—is hailed as a cult hero by everyone affiliated with the club.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:23 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
stupot wrote:Fair enough. Note to self " must research harder".

Shame he didn't play with Colin Bell in that era.

n retirement, Bell continued to play a part in Manchester City's fortunes, as he was a youth coach at the club, and then also returned to the club in the 1990s as an ambassador of the club.It is a measure of how highly regarded he is by City that one of the stands at the City of Manchester Stadium was renamed “The Colin Bell Stand” in his honour.

Bell's legacy at City is considerable, he is widely regarded as the club's finest ever player, and during his time at the club, City won one league title, two league cups, an FA Cup and a European Cup Winners Cup.

Contemporaries of Bell, and pundits have been effusive in their praise of the man, Bobby Charlton claimed that “Bell was unquestionably a great player,” while Tom Finney claimed that “Colin Bell was as good as anything I've ever seen.

For City and for England, Bell was a great player, a player whose modest nature meant that he naturally shied away from publicity, and perhaps did not get the recognition that he deserved.

City fans, old and new, fondly remember Bell's performances in a Manchester City shirt, and he—quite rightly—is hailed as a cult hero by everyone affiliated with the club.

Yaya not fit to lace his boots.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum