Next season

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Next season

Postby Scatman » Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:54 am

I haven't seen a lot in the news about season tickets next season and have been wondering how it might pan out.

There's no doubt in my mind that come September they will be in a position to allow some people into the ground to watch the matches, but social distancing rules will mean grounds will be nowhere near capacity.

How many people can the Etihad hold if everyone is to sit a metre apart? 30% capacity? If so, that is around 16,000 people in attendance. And with 35,000 season ticket holders, how will they make it work?

16,000 watching 19 games means a total of 304,000 seats available. Spread across 35,000 means 8 or 9 matches each per season.

Could the club give all season ticket holder the option of suspending their season tickets until the rules change to allow more people in? If so, and say 50% of season ticket holders suspended, that would mean 16 or 18 matches per season ticket holder who chose not to suspend.

And what about entering and leaving? Would this have to be done on a managed basis with people filing out in a certain way? Simpler at the end of the match (I guess people could even express a preference to leave early!), but at the beginning when everybody traditionally arrives at different times, what do they do? Allocate seats on arrival?
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Re: Next season

Postby Mase » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:11 am

It’s all bollocks at this point. You’ve got mass protests of thousands, you’ve got hundreds of people in the street outside pubs last weekend.

Just let people back in the ground.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby City64 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:53 am

It’s all absolute fucking bollocks , all them mass protests throughout the Uk recently and there hasn’t been a spike or even a slight increase in fact the infection rate has gone down and continues to do so . So some cunt from the government needs to get his or her arse in fucking gear and get society back to something like normal . We are being fed a load of fucking bollocks information for sure half of society still frightened as fuck the other half wants to crack on again . Death rates are actually below normal now yet we still have alarmist headlines 24/7 ?????? Zero fucking positive news ??????
Get us all back to the fucking football stadiums and all sports stadiums , September should be perfect !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:07 am

City64 wrote:It’s all absolute fucking bollocks , all them mass protests throughout the Uk recently and there hasn’t been a spike or even a slight increase in fact the infection rate has gone down and continues to do so . So some cunt from the government needs to get his or her arse in fucking gear and get society back to something like normal . We are being fed a load of fucking bollocks information for sure half of society still frightened as fuck the other half wants to crack on again . Death rates are actually below normal now yet we still have alarmist headlines 24/7 ?????? Zero fucking positive news ??????
Get us all back to the fucking football stadiums and all sports stadiums , September should be perfect !

Its been a fuckign sham from the start..not just from the UK either.
MSM frightening the masses with so called ''SELECTIVE'' facts and figures to justify the scaremongering..........and most believed in everything being dished out.

Pathetic state of affairs
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:15 am

All blues attending games go in disguise, such as black lives matter or those eco rebellion whack jobs, plod will be scared of stopping them for fear of being ‘raycist or climate ‘denier’ it will be a full house :lol: :lol:
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Sparklehorse » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:20 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
City64 wrote:It’s all absolute fucking bollocks , all them mass protests throughout the Uk recently and there hasn’t been a spike or even a slight increase in fact the infection rate has gone down and continues to do so . So some cunt from the government needs to get his or her arse in fucking gear and get society back to something like normal . We are being fed a load of fucking bollocks information for sure half of society still frightened as fuck the other half wants to crack on again . Death rates are actually below normal now yet we still have alarmist headlines 24/7 ?????? Zero fucking positive news ??????

Its been a fuckign sham from the start..not just from the UK either.
MSM frightening the masses with so called ''SELECTIVE'' facts and figures to justify the scaremongering..........and most believed in everything being dished out.

Pathetic state of affairs

Spot on Gents
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: All of them

Postby Scatman » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:31 am

BUT, in reality, none of what we all want is likely to happen in the short term, so football grounds will not be full, and I will not be giving my £90 a month to MCFC to keep me entertained for a couple of hours every other week.

Hopefully the club have some inventive ideas to ensure not too many people miss out too much.
Scatman

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:58 am

Scatman wrote:BUT, in reality, none of what we all want is likely to happen in the short term, so football grounds will not be full, and I will not be giving my £90 a month to MCFC to keep me entertained for a couple of hours every other week.

Hopefully the club have some inventive ideas to ensure not too many people miss out too much.

Card board cut outs - a fiver a match.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Scatman » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:53 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Scatman wrote:BUT, in reality, none of what we all want is likely to happen in the short term, so football grounds will not be full, and I will not be giving my £90 a month to MCFC to keep me entertained for a couple of hours every other week.

Card board cut outs - a fiver a match.

We have one of them in our local Spar masquerading as a police officer.
Scatman

Postby littlebig » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:10 pm

Can’t see stadia being opened up as authorities need to limit the risk of spreading the virus.

Can see clubs letting on a limited number of fans but they will need to have good plans in place to ensure social guidelines are met.

Don’t agree with the scaremongering argument ( the same one that was used during Brexit debate). There’s no conspiracy, we actually are in the midst of a pandemic which takes lives and can overwhelm already overloaded health systems. Although governments seem to have gotten a handle on things they still need to try to manage the situation
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby Wooders » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:13 pm

If nothing else it will make Rio Ferdinands accusative tweets questioning why we’re extending seating capacity when we cannot sell out a champs league semifinal look very foolish indeed
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby PeterParker » Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:52 pm

littlebig wrote:Can’t see stadia being opened up as authorities need to limit the risk of spreading the virus.

Can see clubs letting on a limited number of fans but they will need to have good plans in place to ensure social guidelines are met.

Don’t agree with the scaremongering argument ( the same one that was used during Brexit debate). There’s no conspiracy, we actually are in the midst of a pandemic which takes lives and can overwhelm already overloaded health systems. Although governments seem to have gotten a handle on things they still need to try to manage the situation

Agree.

I think going back to "normal" would be a huge mistake there also.
Look at the numbers in central and eastern europe, after the lockdown was lifted. We, romanians, have the highest numbers of infections per 1000 people and the testing is really at a super low level.
WHO released new studies after pressure from RTL that the virus can actually spread through air and so on.

I really think the world really jumped the bus too early, even if, I agree, the economic factor is really on the brick.

In order for everything to come back to normal, we are depending on a majority of the world who is beyond stupid.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:15 pm

PeterParker wrote:
littlebig wrote:Can’t see stadia being opened up as authorities need to limit the risk of spreading the virus.

Agree.

Look at the numbers in central and eastern europe, after the lockdown was lifted. We, romanians, have the highest numbers of infections per 1000 people and the testing is really at a super low level.
WHO released new studies after pressure from RTL that the virus can actually spread through air and so on.

I really think the world really jumped the bus too early, even if, I agree, the economic factor is really on the brick.

In order for everything to come back to normal, we are depending on a majority of the world who is beyond stupid.

Beyond stupid is carrying on with anymore full scale lock downs.

If anyone thinks millions of jobs lost (And yes,its fucking millions ) and 10,s of thousands (Probably hundreds of thousands ) of pre covid treatable conditions that will now result in guaranteed deaths was fuckign worth the lock down ...then I have no other words to say.

They should allow the crowds back into football stadiums seeing as they allowed 10,s of thousands of BLM protests to fill the streets across the country.......even assisted by the authorities to do so...........so as far as I'm concerned that ''should we allow them into the stadium or not '' issue should not even be under consideration...the horse bolted a while ago.....end of.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PeterParker » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:22 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
PeterParker wrote:

Agree.

Beyond stupid is carrying on with anymore full scale lock downs.

If anyone thinks millions of jobs lost (And yes,its fucking millions ) and 10,s of thousands (Probably hundreds of thousands ) of pre covid treatable conditions that will now result in guaranteed deaths was fuckign worth the lock down ...then I have no other words to say.

They should allow the crowds back into football stadiums seeing as they allowed 10,s of thousands of BLM protests to fill the streets across the country.......even assisted by the authorities to do so...........so as far as I'm concerned that ''should we allow them into the stadium or not '' issue should not even be under consideration...the horse bolted a while ago.....end of.

Serbians allowed people to got at Partizan vs Red Star, also Djokovic with his tournament. Look how that ended.

Another Lockdown would be mental, but social distancing is/was the only really way.
But for that to work you need people with actual brain to respect that and act decent.

You need humanity where there is none.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Return to The Maine Football forum