Ban Ian Herbert from pressas

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Ban Ian Herbert from pressas

Postby Bournemouthcityfan » Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:57 pm

Surely it’s time for the journalists who are poisoning
The teams image to be kicked out of our press conferences. Take the daily mail Martin Samuels writes fair and accurate reports BUT Ian Herbert write nasty poisonous stuff about us. We tried being nice now it’s time to start rewarding our friends and the neutrals and crack down on the haters.
Bournemouthcityfan
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sergio Augero

Re: Ban Ian Herbert from pressas

Postby Mase » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:00 pm

Why not just poison the twat when he comes to COMS?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby ruralblue » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:06 pm

Our media team seem to just go with the attitude of 'be accommodating to everyone' regardless. Can get as we are above them all, however it doesn't seem to make any difference to how we are portrayed. Perhaps its time to take the gloves off and ban these cunts and legal action against a select few.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Mase » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:11 pm

ruralblue wrote:Our media team seem to just go with the attitude of 'be accommodating to everyone' regardless. Can get as we are above them all, however it doesn't seem to make any difference to how we are portrayed. Perhaps its time to take the gloves off and ban these cunts and legal action against a select few.

I had a tour of the stadium about 7 years ago, and when we were being shown the media room the tour guide made a point to acknowledge that the club are aware that we’re shit on in the media by 90% of them, but their attitude is “kill them with kindness”.

I’m hoping that changes massively in the coming weeks.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:34 pm

That cocksucker Herbert said we had won a Pyrrhic victory, I did not know what it meant so - :

A Pyrrhic victory (/ˈpɪrɪk/ ( listen) PIRR-ik) is a victory that inflicts such a devastating toll on the victor that it is tantamount to defeat. Someone who wins a Pyrrhic victory has also taken a heavy toll that negates any true sense of achievement or damages long-term progress.

How the fuck was ours a Pyrrhic victory? What is our “devastating toll” he must mean the 10 m fine, hardly devastating for one of the richest clubs in the world as he called us.

The truth is he is that bitter he is trying to spin the narrative as negative as possible, I do not know why he bothers, nobody take notice of this knuckle dragging scouse loving result of a busted condom.
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:11 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:That cocksucker Herbert said we had won a Pyrrhic victory, I did not know what it meant so - :

A Pyrrhic victory (/ˈpɪrɪk/ ( listen) PIRR-ik) is a victory that inflicts such a devastating toll on the victor that it is tantamount to defeat. Someone who wins a Pyrrhic victory has also taken a heavy toll that negates any true sense of achievement or damages long-term progress.

How the fuck was ours a Pyrrhic victory? What is our “devastating toll” he must mean the 10 m fine, hardly devastating for one of the richest clubs in the world as he called us.

The truth is he is that bitter he is trying to spin the narrative as negative as possible, I do not know why he bothers, nobody take notice of this knuckle dragging scouse loving result of a busted condom.

He didn’t know what ‘pyrrhic’ meant either, and, unlike you, couldn’t be bothered to look it up.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course

Postby Simister » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:37 pm

Agreed. Time to remove the poison from our coverage - with both press conference bans and law suits.
Simister
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: SWP

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:19 pm

Pep Guardiola on the CAS decision: "I’m incredibly happy for the decision. It shows everything that people said about the club was not true. We will defend on the pitch what we won on the pitch."

"Like I said many times, if we did something wrong we would accept the decision of UEFA and CAS because we did something wrong. We can defend ourselves. We have the right to defend ourselves when we

Pep Guardiola: "Yesterday was a good day for football..."

Pep Guardiola reacting to Mourinho/Klopp: "We should be apologised to because if we did something wrong we will accept the decision from UEFA because we did something wrong but we don’t expect Liverpool, Tottenham, Arsenal, Chelsea or Wolves to defend us..."

"But we have the right to defend when we believe what we have done is correct and three independent judges said this. Today is a good day, yesterday was a good day for football because we play by the same rules as all the clubs in Europe...

"If we had broken FFP, we would have been banned but we have to defend ourselves - we were right. People said we were cheating, lying and the presumption of innocence was not there. When we were proved right we were incredibly happy.

"It would be nice but I don't think so [people now stopping saying negative things about #ManCity]"

"We can play in the Champions League next season because what we have done is right. They have to accept it, go on the pitch and play against us."

Pep Guardiola on staying at #ManCity beyond 2021: "My opinion hasn’t changed. Maybe I would be able to stay longer but people cannot understand how difficult it was for everyone as a club being under suspicion. Now we have proven it, we go again on the pitch."

Pep Guardiola on rivals 'whispering' about #ManCity: "They lost off the pitch. They have to go on the pitch and try to beat us. If we did something wrong, I accept our ban. They showed we played by the same rules of all the clubs."

Pep Guardiola on rivals 'whispering' about #ManCity: "They lost off the pitch. They have to go on the pitch and try to beat us. If we did something wrong, I accept our ban. They showed we played by the same rules of all the clubs."

Pep Guardiola on Javier Tebas: "He’s another one. He must be so jealous of the Premier League."

"He’s an incredible legal expert from what I say, maybe next time I’ll ask them which court and judges we have to go to. He has to be worried and concerned about La Liga and focus on there..

Pep Guardiola responding to Javier Tebas: "Normally when the sentence is good for him it is perfect, but when it is against the problem is for the other ones. We will be in the Champions League next season, Senor Tebas, because what we did we did it properly."

Pep Guardiola on plans for the summer: "Now is a normal situation like every season. If we were banned and the situation was uncertain, I don’t know what would have happened. My personal situation was clear, I would have stayed here..."

“I know for the elite clubs like [Manchester] United, Liverpool, and Arsenal it is uncomfortable for them. We don’t have to ask for permission to be there. We deserve to be the

Not bad from pep or what?
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Postby nottsblue » Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:25 pm

Truly amazed how we allow certain journalists to be part of press conferences. It only takes one or two of them to be banned and others would soon get the picture. It’s as plain as day the vast majority of the media hate us and that’s never gonna change. An us v them mentality is no bad thing
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:27 pm

nottsblue wrote:Truly amazed how we allow certain journalists to be part of press conferences. It only takes one or two of them to be banned and others would soon get the picture. It’s as plain as day the vast majority of the media hate us and that’s never gonna change. An us v them mentality is no bad thing

Agreed, but good to see Pep is conveying to us he is in the know regarding the haters
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Postby nottsblue » Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:32 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Truly amazed how we allow certain journalists to be part of press conferences. It only takes one or two of them to be banned and others would soon get the picture. It’s as plain as day the vast majority of the media hate us and that’s never gonna change. An us v them mentality is no bad thing

Agreed, but good to see Pep is conveying to us he is in the know regarding the haters

Oh, absolutely. Pep today was fantastic. It was basically like having a 40 year fan giving it large,taking no shit and dishing it out as well. Even calling out Tebas was superb.

Any cordiality extended to the dippers after the guard of honour at ours the other week will hopefully have evaporated as well following Klopps comments
nottsblue

Postby ayrshireblue » Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:26 pm

Who was the twat I was reading on twitter yesterday? I think he's the United correspondent for either one of the nationals or the MEN. I'd know if I saw his name. He was gutted that we'd been found not guilty and seemed to think, like Mourinho that we were still guilty if we got fined.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:34 pm

Wonder Klopp thinks this a good day for football-:

https://www.lfchistory.net/Articles/Article/3228
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Postby nottsblue » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:46 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:Wonder Klopp thinks this a good day for football-:

https://www.lfchistory.net/Articles/Article/3228

Never happened mate
nottsblue

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:22 am

Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Return to The Maine Football forum