Madrid game under threat (c19+)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Madrid game under threat (c19+)

Postby Blue Jam » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:06 pm

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... MgVwCju3Qc

Just put us through? We won away.
UEFA would like the notion that it will undermine the title if we won.
Blue Jam
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Goater

Re: Madrid game under threat (c19+)

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:32 pm

A Madrid player called Diaz has been tested positive for C19, I wonder if this will be a problem?
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:33 pm

If they just called the game off and we were both out of the Champions League I can feel another court case coming along..
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby CTID Hants » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:37 pm

From Goal......

Mariano has, however, tested positive in the Spanish capital and been forced out of Zidane’s plans.

The 26-year-old is said to have had no contact with other players and staff, with his being the only positive test recorded after an initial round of screening.

Real announced via a statement on the club’s official website: "After the Covid-19 tests carried out individually on our first team yesterday by the Real Madrid medical services, our player Mariano has given a positive result.

"The player is in perfect health and complying with the sanitary isolation protocol at home."

UEFA yet to comment, but the fixtures are under constant review
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:37 pm

Mase wrote:If they just called the game off and we were both out of the Champions League I can feel another court case coming along..

Just call the whole thing off and award the dippers CL champions for life :lol:
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby john68 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:52 pm

In other news:- Someone seen walking past Mary Ds last week has been found to have tested positive for a varooka.
UeFA have stated that this was not reported to them by City at the time and that UeFA did not want to be held responsible for starting a Varooka pandemic.
The tie is now null and void and City have been thrown out of the CL on the grounds that varookas are a deadly threat to the health of players involved and it is possible that the sufferer may have, at some point glanced over at the Etihad Stadium.

Chief witness, a Mr Tebas has stated it is a great day for football. This was hastily backed up by a Mr Klipperty and a Mr Maureen.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby BlueinBosnia » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:59 pm

CTID Hants wrote:From Goal......

Mariano has, however, tested positive in the Spanish capital and been forced out of Zidane’s plans.

The 26-year-old is said to have had no contact with other players and staff, with his being the only positive test recorded after an initial round of screening.

Real announced via a statement on the club’s official website: "After the Covid-19 tests carried out individually on our first team yesterday by the Real Madrid medical services, our player Mariano has given a positive result.

"The player is in perfect health and complying with the sanitary isolation protocol at home."

They literally had a massive scandal about this 10 days ago. Considering this, it wouldn't surprise me if it's not true at all, and they've been instructed to cover it up. Providing teams get through, we'd have to play Barca in the semis. Therefore, an outbreak among our squad is in the Spanish FA's interests, and if I had any say in it, I'd insist that the entire Real setup to be tested by a third party before coming into contact with anyone at the Etihad.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Blue Jam » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:34 pm

It's just occurred to me - wouldn't the RM squad need to be quarantining here 2 weeks before the game anyway?
Blue Jam
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Goater

Postby BlueinBosnia » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:37 pm

Blue Jam wrote:It's just occurred to me - wouldn't the RM squad need to be quarantining here 2 weeks before the game anyway?

No, an exemption was given on Sunday or Monday.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Sideshow Bob » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:39 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:From Goal......

They literally had a massive scandal about this 10 days ago. Considering this, it wouldn't surprise me if it's not true at all, and they've been instructed to cover it up. Providing teams get through, we'd have to play Barca in the semis. Therefore, an outbreak among our squad is in the Spanish FA's interests, and if I had any say in it, I'd insist that the entire Real setup to be tested by a third party before coming into contact with anyone at the Etihad.

it's bullshit. how likely is it that this player has had zero contact with other players or staff - on or off the pitch - since contracting the disease?? very unlikely I'd say. especially since there's no way of knowing how long he was a carrier and/or infectious.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby sheblue » Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:00 pm

The game is 10 days away, can they not just continue to test the players for the next few days to see if it has spread to anyone else?
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby PrezIke » Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:16 pm

sheblue wrote:The game is 10 days away, can they not just continue to test the players for the next few days to see if it has spread to anyone else?

That's what I thought at first as well. We don't have to wait 14 days for symptoms to show.

Everyone can be tested daily.

I gather the issue could be that those they live with (are in their "pod"...You call it a "bubble," no?) may also have to be tested then.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:33 pm

I think we should have a covid league for next season - you have to be positive to play.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby ruralblue » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:34 pm

PrezIke wrote:
sheblue wrote:The game is 10 days away, can they not just continue to test the players for the next few days to see if it has spread to anyone else?

That's what I thought at first as well. We don't have to wait 14 days for symptoms to show.

Everyone can be tested daily.

I gather the issue could be that those they live with (are in their "pod"...You call it a "bubble," no?) may also have to be tested then.

People seem to be struggling getting their heads round this. Local Travel agent near is announced shutting for 14 days cause two if the lasses returned from Ibiza (no symptoms). Errrrr..... go get a test, wait 48 hours for result and crack on.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby PeterParker » Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:08 am

This will be interesting to see how which way will go.

Mariano trained with everybody, what are the chances of only him having it?
Slim to none.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Return to The Maine Football forum