WELCOME Ferran Torres

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: WELCOME Ferran Torres

Postby Nick » Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:56 am

We win like 2 games a year when the log plays with rodri
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Outcast » Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:12 am

Hazy2 wrote:
zuricity wrote:
Outcast wrote:
zuricity wrote:he'a playing well for Spain tonight alongside Jesus Navas. Meanwhile Gündo and Sane quite for the Germany.

Any chance Sane could tap up Gundo and the twat forces a move?
So many talented young midfielders out there and we're stuck with that log

you mean the 'Log' that saw the opportunity and with an oexcellent pass set up Sane to make the easy assist to Werner for the German goal ?

Wasting your time mate, Gundogan is class we just need a defensive MF who can run plus Lewdowski to allow him to flourish.

Mustafi won the world cup with the krauts, does that make him world class?
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby stupot » Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:45 am

The shit Gundogan gets on here is unbelievable.
He played every Champions League game last season and we didn't lose one until the Lyon game when as far as i recall the major mistakes were made by Walker, Laporte, Ederson, Sterling and Pep for the formation.

The previous season he played defensive mid when Fernandinho was injured and played the last 14 games that we won on the spin.

He's a regular for a very good German team so obviously they're wrong as well.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby sheblue » Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:37 am

stupot wrote:The shit Gundogan gets on here is unbelievable.
He played every Champions League game last season and we didn't lose one until the Lyon game when as far as i recall the major mistakes were made by Walker, Laporte, Ederson, Sterling and Pep for the formation.

The previous season he played defensive mid when Fernandinho was injured and played the last 14 games that we won on the spin.

I agree, problem is though when him and Rodri play together were just too slow, we lack legs in midfield. He is better when he has two of Kev / Foden / B Silva there.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Outcast » Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:40 am

So was that down to him or Kompany when we had that great run?
Is that the German side couldn't get past the group stage at last world cup?
As for the champions League qualifiers, we could played anyone in that midfield and still gone through. Granted, our defence fucked up but then he didn't offer protection nor was great going forward. My point is, he isn't a bad player, just a static decent player at passing sideways with the odd through ball. he isn't going to get any better at his age. Why not gamble with a young talent, full of energy, drive and hunger to get better?
Outcast

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:55 am

Outcast wrote:

As for the champions League qualifiers, we could played anyone in that midfield and still gone through. Granted, our defence fucked up but then he didn't offer protection nor was great going forward. My point is, he isn't a bad player, just a static decent player at passing sideways with the odd through ball. he isn't going to get any better at his age. Why not gamble with a young talent, full of energy, drive and hunger to get better?

Neither really, it was a collective effort but less so down to Kompany, he only started 7 of them 14 games.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Mase » Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:03 am

That run was down to a number of things. Pep keeping a pretty similar team and tactics for most of the matches. Bern was like a man possessed! Komps scores a worldy. Aguero wasn’t injured. The whole team worked together as a team.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:05 am

Mase wrote:That run was down to a number of things. Pep keeping a pretty similar team and tactics for most of the matches. Bern was like a man possessed! Komps scores a worldy. Aguero wasn’t injured. The whole team worked together as a team.

Yep and hunger, a hunger that was missing last season.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby stupot » Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:08 am

Agreed, it was down to a few things.
All those you mention AND having a good Plan B for the DM role. That's why he's such a good squad player to have.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:15 am

stupot wrote:Agreed, it was down to a few things.
All those you mention AND having a good Plan B for the DM role. That's why he's such a good squad player to have.

The problem is , hes a shoe on for any big game regardless of how average he has been in previous games.

PeP loves him over any other player.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Mase » Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:18 am

Gundo is a great player when used correctly. And I definitely think he’s a player that relies on the confidence of the team as a whole to be high. When the teams struggling he usually struggles, rather than stands out. He definitely used to go missing when the team was against it, but to replace him, even as a squad player, we’d be looking at £50 million to spend
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:22 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

The problem is , hes a shoe on for any big game regardless of how average he has been in previous games.

PeP loves him over any other player.

Because he is our best at reading the game and recycling possession, qualities Pep loves in his midfield.

I agree with the point about him with Rodri though, it's too laboured, DeBruyne adds to that issue off the ball too, he's not as intense as Bernardo or Foden at pressing to win the ball back.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby stupot » Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:25 am

I agree about him and Rodri as well. It should be him or Rodri.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Outcast » Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:37 pm

I'm archiving some of the comments on here, will revisit through mid season when the usual Gundo onslaught kicks in.

I'd hate to see Aurora end up at Arseholes, if he fulfills his potential we'd never get him for less than 80-100m; why not gamble now for less than half the price? Just a thought
Outcast

Postby stupot » Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:53 pm

Outcast wrote:

I'd check your own comments whilst archiving everybody elses. Our Champions League qualifying group had Atalanta and Shaktar Donetsk in.
They didn't do too badly did they.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Outcast » Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:10 pm

stupot wrote:
Outcast wrote:

I'd check your own comments whilst archiving everybody elses. Our Champions League qualifying group had Atalanta and Shaktar Donetsk in.

Are you being serious? We're paying a manager 20m a year to beat the likes of Atlanta and Shaktar? Well I guess Lyon was a stretch too far comparing to those two, we're just a little plucky team punching above our weight.

God himself came down and gave us the easiest route to the final or at least the semis, yup, we couldn't even get a fucking semi. We can console ourselves for beating Shaktar and Atlanta
Outcast

Postby PeterParker » Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:18 pm

Outcast wrote:
stupot wrote:
Outcast wrote:

Are you being serious? We're paying a manager 20m a year to beat the likes of Atlanta and Shaktar? Well I guess Lyon was a stretch too far comparing to those two, we're just a little plucky team punching above our weight.

God himself came down and gave us the easiest route to the final or at least the semis, yup, we couldn't even get a fucking semi. We can console ourselves for beating Shaktar and Atlanta

I will add that we managed to beat Atalanta only at home. It was a shitshow on San Siro.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:17 pm

Ferran Torres will be very confused if he reads this thread.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course

Postby nottsblue » Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:24 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:Ferran Torres will be very confused if he reads this thread.

No pass a la nutria.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby City64 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:35 pm

Big upgrade on Nolito it must be said .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash