Wigan Athletic

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Wigan Athletic

Postby City64 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:13 pm

Before everyone starts laughing , with Latics going bust a few weeks ago DW Sports has just announced it is in administration along with all its gyms . Love him or hate him Dave Whelan was a big investor in the town and this news will be catastrophic for the town’s economy. Without doubt more companies and towns throughout the UK will be affected the same way in the coming months things are looking unbelievably grim indeed and it is inevitable we are going to lose a number of football clubs forever .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: Wigan Athletic

Postby Mase » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:18 pm

Brilliant. I hate Dave Whelan - snidy toad. Hope Wigan go under so the United and Liverpool fans that “support” them can go back to following their red shite and they don’t have to pretend they support two teams anymore.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby City64 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:25 pm

Mase wrote:Brilliant. I hate Dave Whelan - snidy toad. Hope Wigan go under so the United and Liverpool fans that “support” them can go back to following their red shite and they don’t have to pretend they support two teams anymore.

True ha .
The town going to take years to recover economically sadly . If the rugby goes there will be no way back .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Mase » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:48 pm

City64 wrote:
Mase wrote:Brilliant. I hate Dave Whelan - snidy toad. Hope Wigan go under so the United and Liverpool fans that “support” them can go back to following their red shite and they don’t have to pretend they support two teams anymore.

True ha .
The town going to take years to recover economically sadly . If the rugby goes there will be no way back .

I wouldn’t want Warriors to go under, like you’ve said previously in discussions Wigan is a rugby town and they rely on it.

Hopefully they’ll be okay!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:58 pm

There will be a few more clubs go the same way.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course

Postby Mase » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:09 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:There will be a few more clubs go the same way.

FFP being brought in has put prospective owners off from buying clubs. It’s all a huge mess.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:00 pm

Is this the same Dave Whelan that hurt his leg in a cup final? I think he may have mentioned it once :lol:
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire

Postby City64 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:14 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:Is this the same Dave Whelan that hurt his leg in a cup final? I think he may have mentioned it once :lol:

Yes that’s him , Whelan isn’t liked by many in Wigan and those who worked for him or know of him all call him out for being a nasty stuck up prick but he has invested a lot of money in the town via Wigan Athletic and the DW stadium and surrounding retail park . Whelan also took a lot of money out of Wigan Athletic once they lost their PL status and parachute payments . Anyway Latics are totally fucked now and it also looks like the Whelan business empire has gone the same way .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Scatman » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:34 pm

City64 wrote:
Harry Dowd scored wrote:Is this the same Dave Whelan that hurt his leg in a cup final? I think he may have mentioned it once :lol:

Yes that’s him , Whelan isn’t liked by many in Wigan and those who worked for him or know of him all call him out for being a nasty stuck up prick but he has invested a lot of money in the town via Wigan Athletic and the DW stadium and surrounding retail park . Whelan also took a lot of money out of Wigan Athletic once they lost their PL status and parachute payments . Anyway Latics are totally fucked now and it also looks like the Whelan business empire has gone the same way .

I'm sure he won't be too much out of pocket
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Return to The Maine Football forum