Build up vs Madrid

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Build up vs Madrid

Postby PeterParker » Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:22 am

So, when are we going to get the red card? Or the penner against us?

Are we going to see the heist of the century or UEFA are afraid of us now?

Still, I am not buzzing, Que sera sera.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Re: Build up vs Madrid

Postby gilford » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:09 am

I can see us bottling this again, never get excited about this competition, anyone’s guess which City will turn up!
gilford
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Kun Aguero

Postby City64 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:38 am

PeterParker wrote:So, when are we going to get the red card? Or the penner against us?

Are we going to see the heist of the century or UEFA are afraid of us now?

Still, I am not buzzing, Que sera sera.

I wouldn’t worry too much about UEFA and the bent cunts within it right now . One of the good things about the CL later stages is the atmosphere in the stadium it is always brilliant , no fans fake football for me BUT City have been playing really well at the Etihad absolutely destroying teams even Liverpool although the media came up with a ready made excuse for that . On the pitch it is a simple one , just score first and it is all over !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Sparklehorse » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:28 am

Even if we score first they still only need two goals to remain in the tie. Stop them scoring is the key. Without their best defender, it’s very likely that we will score at home, so I’m quite hopeful.
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: All of them

Postby sheblue » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:46 am

Confidant, without being cocky, that we will win the game.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby nottsblue » Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:11 pm

Got a feeling we go out. And wouldn't be too bothered if we did
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:22 pm

Winner gets a trip to Portugal Yippee !
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby sheblue » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:34 pm

nottsblue wrote:Got a feeling we go out. And wouldn't be too bothered if we did

I would dearly love to win it for two reasons.
1. David Silva. A CL medal would complete his set.
2. We can stick two fingers up at UEFA, again.

No 1 is the most important reason.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:41 pm

I'm only PISSED OFF that we cannot fill the ground to BOOOOOO their shitty fucking CL anthem....it brightens my whole day up when we boo it and it even masks over any shite performance we put out.

Gutted.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby zuricity » Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:50 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:I'm only PISSED OFF that we cannot fill the ground to BOOOOOO their shitty fucking CL anthem....it brightens my whole day up when we boo it and it even masks over any shite performance we put out.

Gutted.

D'Accord !

Weird thing is i am in Manc and could go to the match . I think i'll climb the floodlights
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby City64 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:03 pm

Any doggin going on in the car park ?
Just askin for scatman !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby CTID Hants » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:10 pm

zuricity wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:I'm only PISSED OFF that we cannot fill the ground to BOOOOOO their shitty fucking CL anthem....it brightens my whole day up when we boo it and it even masks over any shite performance we put out.

Gutted.

D'Accord !

Weird thing is i am in Manc and could go to the match . I think i'll climb the floodlights

1894 group (now known as 'we are 1894') are doing a guard of honour for the team coach for Merlin , properly managed with social distancing, look them up on Twitter or FB for more details

They are expecting between 800 and 1500 depending on weather, I think it's about 18:15 roughly and they want all the banners and flags to line the route (X roads on Alan Turing to where coach normally pulls up.

Anyone else local going?
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby CTID Hants » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:14 pm

Here you go if you're not on FB or don't know about it.......

DAVID SILVA : FANS GUARD OF HONOUR

A week today arguably City's best ever player David Silva, plays his last competitive game at our stadium.

From speaking to many fans today it seems there is still a huge appetite to give El Mago the send off he deserves.

Our plans have always had government guidelines in mind and we have always intended the guard of honour to stay within the rules of the law. As long as people adhere to social distancing then a fantastic tribute to him from City supporters wishing to show their appreciation is entirely possible.

We are anticipating a crowd of between 800-1500 depending on the weather conditions and we are looking for volunteers from the membership to get in touch as soon as possible as we will need people to help with our social distancing markers and also to help tidy up any rubbish after the players have moved through to the stadium.

That across an area stretching down Ashton New Road from the CFA past the Nexen Tyre Bridge, past the Maine Road chippy and up to the Williams garage, turning into the stadium - should provide more than enough room for fans, families etc to go in their bubbles, stay at a safe distance from others and show their support to the players.

If the government guidelines change again to affect outdoors activity we will naturally follow that - but for now we feel there are still a lot of people out there who wish to show their appreciation for him and to the team as we try to win the champions league in this of all seasons. It is clear that a large number of City supporters are determined to help show support on the night.

ONCE THE PLAYERS HAVE PASSED THROUGH IN CONVOY THEN PEOPLE JUST DISPERSE AND THERE IS WELL OVER AN HOUR TO GET HOME BEFORE KICK OFF. IT SHOULD NOT BE THE SAME SITUATION AS WE HAVE WITH LIVERPOOL & LEEDS FANS WHO HAVE STAYED IN THE SAME CONCENTRATED SPACES AND DRANK ALL NIGHT.

If you can help with putting out the markers on the afternoon of August 7th and/or help any rubbish away quickly after the drive past then please get in touch as soon as possible : comms@weare1894.co.uk and let us know how many people you can bring to help.

Not everyone will want to come along and we respect that but for those who are coming please bring flags, banners, scarves, anything you have at home. Hopefully the players will see and feel the passion and drive from City fans on the night.

Some of us will be out from mid-afternoon , many are arriving from 5 but we anticipate most fans will arrive between 6 and 615 and the players may go past anytime between 6 and 645 really - however we think they will leave the CFA between 615 and 630.

There should be plenty of parking on the streets around (Asda has 4 hours free) and if it is busy where you are just move down a bit - also we anticipate the players will turn into the stadium at the Williams garage and go in via gate 11 or 12 so you should get a good view round there too.

MEET UPS

Given the recent changes in government advice for Greater Manchester we wouldn't be able to organise anything officially for watching the game as groups of 2 is the maximum when booking places in pubs. So you would need to organise your own arrangements for the match -that being said the pubs close by are showing the games and are welcoming.

Please spread the word far and wide !
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Scatman » Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:40 am

Let's show the scousers how to behave
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:34 pm

There is still time for the usual suspects to put something negative about us on antisocial media, in an attempt to destabilise, however I think everyone is wise to that one now. I think!
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire

Postby Sideshow Bob » Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:03 pm

a 'guard of honor' for DS?? under the circumstances?? that is one of the dumbest things ive heard...dippers would be proud.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby PrezIke » Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:27 pm

Bale is not in the team.

Ramos suspended.

Last I heard Hazard was questionable due to pain from the injury.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:40 pm

Only person that I'm worried about is the ref, followed by his lackey linesmen. Highlight any dodgy stuff from them before KO so the spotlight is shining brightly and any nonsense will stand out. We're so much better than them on a level playing field!
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby CTID Hants » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:39 pm

GUARD OF HONOUR CANCELLATION

This evening there has been further discussions between ourselves, Manchester City and representatives from Greater Manchester Police.

Further information has come to light and that coupled with an anticipated high turnout (possibly 2,000 supporters) all parties have come to the decision that guard of honour for David Silva shouldn't go ahead now as it may be too difficult to enforce safe social distancing in the local community.

This is immensely disappointing for a lot of supporters, many of whom had booked afternoons off work, made plans to help us with litter picking, offering to hands out sanitiser and to become marshals for the day but also to mark out social distance guidance on the pavement in chalk along the 0.7 mile route.

Please could you share to as many Blues as possible.

Like we say this has ultimately ended up being a joint decision taken by all parties after all the information has been discussed.

Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:48 pm

CTID Hants wrote:GUARD OF HONOUR CANCELLATION

This evening there has been further discussions between ourselves, Manchester City and representatives from Greater Manchester Police.

Further information has come to light and that coupled with an anticipated high turnout (possibly 2,000 supporters) all parties have come to the decision that guard of honour for David Silva shouldn't go ahead now as it may be too difficult to enforce safe social distancing in the local community.

This is immensely disappointing for a lot of supporters, many of whom had booked afternoons off work, made plans to help us with litter picking, offering to hands out sanitiser and to become marshals for the day but also to mark out social distance guidance on the pavement in chalk along the 0.7 mile route.

Please could you share to as many Blues as possible.

Like we say this has ultimately ended up being a joint decision taken by all parties after all the information has been discussed.

They should have just said it is a BLM march/protest and the police would of been only too happy to assist.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum