Welcome Nathan Ake!!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Welcome Nathan Ake!!

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:44 pm

Dubciteh wrote:Number 6 apparantly. Have we had many players who do well with the squad number? Lescott for a while? Michael johnson? Cant think of many others lets hope Ake bucks the trend.

Alan Oakes - see my post earlier - You might get a question from Saul, he's a curious kind a guy :lol: :lol:
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Arjan Van Schotte » Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:49 pm

Just popping by to point out I finally got something right!

Hope my old chums on here are doing well. I don't really go watch City these days but obviously always follow them on t'telly and whatnot. I think it was the move from MR that started the decline for me, just wasn't the same, but I still end up in petty rows with rags at work so I guess it hasn't gone completely. Met quite a few people off of here (IRL), which is funny coz it was considered weird back then, always remember suggesting a MCF meet up at Everton c.1997, and only Lee Hayes and Wendy turned up as no-one thought back then that meeting internet friends was a good idea :-). Ended up meeting loads of people in the end, and some lovely people too: Bob, Dan, Kieran, young irish fella (before he went weird), Antti, Steve, Chris, Daz, Bingo, John, Lee, Amber, Robin, Jim (before he went weird). Jonny Foreigner (who was more weird on here than he was IRL). Just wish I'd finally met Dev Alahan (are you out there Rickaaaaay?!), Erik, Tom, Ant, Carl, Mike. Loads more I could namecheck, and absolutely no disrespek to the new 'uns - I'm awash with emotion - mancity.net and it's successor was a lifeline to me in some difficult times, going right back to the birth of t'internet in my eyes. Thank you all, those years were much appreciated. In the fashion of the old days, please abuse me if I forgot you x. Anyone on twitter, please "add me up", it'd be nice to keep in touch! https://twitter.com/GaryS_SP

Arjan Van Schotte wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
Arjan Van Schotte wrote:Everytime I've seen Aké play he's looked full on awesome.

Aye. Too bad he's a Chelsea player.

Yup, had already guessed a potential price would be ridiculous, and then read somewhere that Bournemouth were trying to sign him on permanent. No fucking chance.
"Whatever it is that we "bought" - we didn't put it up for sale..."

Arjan Van Schotte
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Манчестер Сити

Postby dazby » Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:11 am

Big love for you mate. Hope you and the family are doing well.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Saul Goodman » Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:03 pm

Anybody watch the Holland-Poland match? Ake played LB. Wonder how he fared and if maybe Pep will play him there.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Mase » Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:30 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:Anybody watch the Holland-Poland match? Ake played LB. Wonder how he fared and if maybe Pep will play him there.

I read a quote from Ake earlier and he said he’d talked with Pep and one of the draws for Pep was the multiple positions that Ake can play.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:58 pm

Mase wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:Anybody watch the Holland-Poland match? Ake played LB. Wonder how he fared and if maybe Pep will play him there.

I read a quote from Ake earlier and he said he’d talked with Pep and one of the draws for Pep was the multiple positions that Ake can play.

FFS !!! So Ake will be playing center forward then and Fernandhino will be playing on the wing.

Excellent.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Mase » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:28 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Mase wrote:

FFS !!! So Ake will be playing center forward then and Fernandhino will be playing on the wing.

Excellent.

I certainly wouldn’t put it passed Pep!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Wooders » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:31 pm

We bought Komps as a defensive midfielder don’t forget
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Nick » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:53 pm

Arjan Van Schotte wrote:Just popping by to point out I finally got something right!

Hope my old chums on here are doing well. I don't really go watch City these days but obviously always follow them on t'telly and whatnot. I think it was the move from MR that started the decline for me, just wasn't the same, but I still end up in petty rows with rags at work so I guess it hasn't gone completely. Met quite a few people off of here (IRL), which is funny coz it was considered weird back then, always remember suggesting a MCF meet up at Everton c.1997, and only Lee Hayes and Wendy turned up as no-one thought back then that meeting internet friends was a good idea :-). Ended up meeting loads of people in the end, and some lovely people too: Bob, Dan, Kieran, young irish fella (before he went weird), Antti, Steve, Chris, Daz, Bingo, John, Lee, Amber, Robin, Jim (before he went weird). Jonny Foreigner (who was more weird on here than he was IRL). Just wish I'd finally met Dev Alahan (are you out there Rickaaaaay?!), Erik, Tom, Ant, Carl, Mike. Loads more I could namecheck, and absolutely no disrespek to the new 'uns - I'm awash with emotion - mancity.net and it's successor was a lifeline to me in some difficult times, going right back to the birth of t'internet in my eyes. Thank you all, those years were much appreciated. In the fashion of the old days, please abuse me if I forgot you x. Anyone on twitter, please "add me up", it'd be nice to keep in touch! https://twitter.com/GaryS_SP

Arjan Van Schotte wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
Arjan Van Schotte wrote:Everytime I've seen Aké play he's looked full on awesome.

Aye. Too bad he's a Chelsea player.

Yup, had already guessed a potential price would be ridiculous, and then read somewhere that Bournemouth were trying to sign him on permanent. No fucking chance.

Much love - nostalgia to the old posters! I dont/didnt post too much but those characters were entertaining!
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:36 am

Played well, not much to do defensively but did what he had to, looks comfortable playing that high line, a threat at set pieces. I think it's exactly what Pep has in mind, rotate with Mendy and cover for Laporte.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby city72 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:22 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

Played well, not much to do defensively but did what he had to, looks comfortable playing that high line, a threat at set pieces. I think it's exactly what Pep has in mind, rotate with Mendy and cover for Laporte.

Mendys on his way out we have concrete in the know info from a poster on here.
city72
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester city

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:31 am

city72 wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

Mendys on his way out we have concrete in the know info from a poster on here.

Think concrete wellies and a deep lake would be a better idea......
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby CTID Hants » Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:53 pm

Nathan Ake on his move:

"I had to pinch myself in the arm. I was thinking, ‘Is this real?’. When I heard they wanted me to come to Manchester I was bowled over. Manchester City are one of the best clubs in the world and Pep Guardiola is one of the best managers in the world. I had a really good talk with Guardiola and there was an instant connection. The way #ManCity play really suits me. I have played against them so many times and I know how hard it is to face them."

[via Mirror Football]

I've got a good feeling about this lad, he seems grounded
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Wooders » Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:10 am

Had a decent season at centre back in difficult circumstances, played a good game at leftback for the Dutch - “Pep wants me to play in midfield”
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Saul Goodman » Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:25 pm

Pretty anonymous at LB vs Italy. went off with a cramp (hopefully) or a hamstring injury.
Possibly at fault for letting Barella run past him and score the only goal of the match. contributed almost nothing in the final third.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:28 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:Pretty anonymous at LB vs Italy. went off with a cramp (hopefully) or a hamstring injury.
Possibly at fault for letting Barella run past him and score the only goal of the match. contributed almost nothing in the final third.

Hammy, crocked already and Laporte in isolation - perfect start :cry: (despite that he's played well actually and wasn't at fault for the goal - Saul definitely needs to get those scales seen to)
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby City64 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:31 pm

Injured .
What a fucking shocker of a week .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:32 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:Pretty anonymous at LB vs Italy. went off with a cramp (hopefully) or a hamstring injury.

Hammy, crocked already and Laporte in isolation - perfect start :cry: (despite that he's played well actually and wasn't at fault for the goal - Saul definitely needs to get those scales seen to)

He definitely wasn't at fault, had his man covered, tried to win the header to spare Van Dijk's blushes who was marking thin air.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Mase » Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:33 pm

Any twat that goes to play a meaningless game when his club are paying him thousands and thousands deserves to get injured.
Last edited by Mase on Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby sheblue » Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:48 pm

Injured! Making himself at home already.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum