Welcome Nathan Ake!!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Welcome Nathan Ake!!

Postby Saul Goodman » Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:39 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:Pretty anonymous at LB vs Italy. went off with a cramp (hopefully) or a hamstring injury.
Possibly at fault for letting Barella run past him and score the only goal of the match. contributed almost nothing in the final third.

Hammy, crocked already and Laporte in isolation - perfect start :cry: (despite that he's played well actually and wasn't at fault for the goal - Saul definitely needs to get those scales seen to)

He definitely wasn't at fault, had his man covered, tried to win the header to spare Van Dijk's blushes who was marking thin air.

Barella ran right in front of him and headed in the goal. But whatever. Who cares
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:58 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:Pretty anonymous at LB vs Italy. went off with a cramp (hopefully) or a hamstring injury.
Possibly at fault for letting Barella run past him and score the only goal of the match. contributed almost nothing in the final third.

Hammy, crocked already and Laporte in isolation - perfect start :cry: (despite that he's played well actually and wasn't at fault for the goal - Saul definitely needs to get those scales seen to)

He definitely wasn't at fault, had his man covered, tried to win the header to spare Van Dijk's blushes who was marking thin air.

Barella ran right in front of him and headed in the goal. But whatever. Who cares

He was marking Kean, Barella should've been Van Dijk's man.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:03 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

Well, those who noticed that Van Dijk was solely at fault might resent Ake being blamed for effectively marking his own man (who didn't score btw) .
Watch on youtube.com
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:54 am

johnny crossan wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

Well, those who noticed that Van Dijk was solely at fault might resent Ake being blamed for effectively marking his own man (who didn't score btw) .
Watch on youtube.com

Top goal TBF
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby PeterParker » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:23 pm

Hazy2 wrote:Top goal TBF

I've noticed something about Van Cunt, every time they concede (including this one) he moans. Either the ref or his teamates.
He really fits perfectly in the victim's club.

Never his fault.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Mase » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:28 pm

PeterParker wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:Top goal TBF

I've noticed something about Van Cunt, every time they concede (including this one) he moans. Either the ref or his teamates.
He really fits perfectly in the victim's club.

Never his fault.

He needs to have a moan to his hairdresser
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:01 pm

Some good news :D

johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby zuricity » Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:14 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

Do you play football ?
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:15 pm

zuricity wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

Do you play football ?

If he does it's not as we know it. :lol:
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby City64 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:16 am

Absolutely fucking superb last night as good a debut anyone could wish for . Calm and a real presence something we lacked last season In defence. Also noted all the city players listen to him as if they know he is a top player and team man , great to see !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby sheblue » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:25 am

City64 wrote:Absolutely fucking superb last night as good a debut anyone could wish for . Calm and a real presence something we lacked last season In defence. Also noted all the city players listen to him as if they know he is a top player and team man , great to see !

Yes a good solid start, he had a lot of the ball early in the game and looked very comfortable. I see some are suggesting he should go to left back when Laporte is back, but I am not so sure if that is the plan.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby london blue 2 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:12 am

City64 wrote:Absolutely fucking superb last night as good a debut anyone could wish for . Calm and a real presence something we lacked last season In defence. Also noted all the city players listen to him as if they know he is a top player and team man , great to see !

Yep. Couple of times he came up to win headers and absolutely cleaned the wolves player, completely fairly. Assured on the ball and very quick. Early days but could be a really good purchase.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Mase » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:13 am

Stones was great in his first few games, so as long as Ake isn’t a massive piss head he’ll do alright here
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Outcast » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:47 am

Mase wrote:Stones was great in his first few games, so as long as Ake isn’t a massive piss head he’ll do alright here

To be fair, when he's got his head screwed together, Stones is an excellent defender, great in the air and with his feet. since he's confidence was shattered for whatever reason, he's been crap. He can bounce back, there is less expectation as everyone given up on him, the pressure is off to some extent, maybe he can rediscover his mojo and claw his way back up.

I noticed you never seem to criticise Otters performances, pure favouritism
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:02 am

I was happy when we signed this guy, every time I had seen him he was Bournemouth m.o.m he is versatile too, good signing.
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:47 am

Outcast wrote:
Mase wrote:Stones was great in his first few games, so as long as Ake isn’t a massive piss head he’ll do alright here

To be fair, when he's got his head screwed together, Stones is an excellent defender, great in the air and with his feet. since he's confidence was shattered for whatever reason, he's been crap. He can bounce back, there is less expectation as everyone given up on him, the pressure is off to some extent, maybe he can rediscover his mojo and claw his way back up.

I noticed you never seem to criticise Otters performances, pure favouritism

Otter is a nice, salt of the earth family guy. Fantastic player
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PrezIke » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:42 pm

http://www.mancityfans.net/mcfnet/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=55488#p1002844

PrezIke wrote:Mark my words...

I think he will be a bigger surprise and of more help to us than some of our fans realise.

Just a little reminder ;)
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby PrezIke » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:44 pm

PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby PrezIke » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:50 pm

The comment, "Nice guys. They always play good. That's my theory."

is rather ironically opposed to Mourinho and quite interesting a contrast.

The idea I suspect is that they care about the team. They care about the club. They care to prove themselves to the manager and fans. They care about doing the work and aren't for themselves over this.

The overly "not nice guys" could end up doing things that are outside of the team.

Now when the "guys" are too nice, that is when you have a problem.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby sheblue » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:49 am

Take a bow Txiki.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city