****Official City vs Cartel Numero 1

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ****Official City vs Cartel Numero 1

Postby patrickblue » Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:22 pm

Blue Jam wrote:Razzas goal reminded me of 9/11/03, Nev fed The Goat
https://youtu.be/pQ_Zqy6QqYI

Never tire of watching that.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Superbia » Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:09 pm

Play like that again and we will get mullered by psg or bayern, that's the worst Madrid team in my lifetime and we only scored from two howlers by varane and you have posters wanking themselves into a frenzy
Superbia
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Saul Goodman » Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:27 pm

Superbia wrote:Play like that again and we will get mullered by psg or bayern, that's the worst Madrid team in my lifetime and we only scored from two howlers by varane and you have posters wanking themselves into a frenzy

To be fair, Bayern are going to destroy everyone and win the CL so it doesnt matter too much
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Nickyboy » Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:30 pm

Superbia wrote:Play like that again and we will get mullered by psg or bayern, that's the worst Madrid team in my lifetime and we only scored from two howlers by varane and you have posters wanking themselves into a frenzy

We were in complete control. We forced those howlers.

I'm not wanking myself into a frenzy, but I'm quietly confident. I have a suspicion that Bayern's easy end to the season and walk in the park v Chelsea will rob them of the intensity they need in Lisbon. I predict a Messi masterclass v Bayern, we'll then beat Barca and win a tight FFP derby in the final.
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Superbia » Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:42 pm

Nickyboy wrote:

I'm not wanking myself into a frenzy, but I'm quietly confident. I have a suspicion that Bayern's easy end to the season and walk in the park v Chelsea will rob them of the intensity they need in Lisbon. I predict a Messi masterclass v Bayern, we'll then beat Barca and win a tight FFP derby in the final.

Because kroos and modric can't move anymore, bayerns midfield will run rings around gundogan and rodri
Superbia

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:04 pm

Agreed .

We played ok but that performance will 100% not win us games against the Bayern’s or PSG’s.

KDB must mutter to himself in disgust every time he puts a ball on a platter for his team mates .

We need to improve taking our chances and not just have to rely on defensive fuck ups, to win us games .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Outcast » Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:08 pm

Superbia wrote:
Nickyboy wrote:

Because kroos and modric can't move anymore, bayerns midfield will run rings around gundogan and rodri

Our best defender Laporte is better their best one
We got the better goal keeper
You can debate strikers, I'd rather have Aguero
KDB is better than any of their midfielders
Sterling is better than any of their wingers

I think it will suits just fine to go in as the underdogs as suppose to favourites, we always fuck up when over confident.

We might not even beat Lyon, they're no slouches. Let's not get ahead of ourselves, one game at a time.

If you think about it, the last 3 winners haven't won their respective leagues.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Mase » Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:33 pm

I thought this until I watched the highlights back and realised we were in control and it should have been 5 or 6
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby blues2win » Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:00 pm

Such a bad Real Madrid side they won La Liga.
blues2win
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby sheblue » Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:09 am

We cant afford to perform like that again. We can play much better and will need to.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby sheblue » Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:11 am

blues2win wrote:Such a bad Real Madrid side they won La Liga.

Remember the last Rag team to win the PL? They were fucking muck.
It happens.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:07 am

sheblue wrote:

It happens.

Very true, but Barcelona can’t be the team of old either if they let that Madrid side pip them to the title.

Bayern for me heavy favorites, but each game we win is a huge step closer to believing. Let’s just try that old cliche of one at a time and not predict the future. We always get it wrong anyway haha.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby salford city » Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:49 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
sheblue wrote:

It happens.

Very true, but Barcelona can’t be the team of old either if they let that Madrid side pip them to the title.

Bayern for me heavy favorites, but each game we win is a huge step closer to believing. Let’s just try that old cliche of one at a time and not predict the future. We always get it wrong anyway haha.

This for me too. Pep will have them focus solely on Lyon and not beyond. We need to go back into the mindset of the season before last, win the game, move to the next one. Regain that focus and anyone will struggle against us. Potential to meet a team who is the driving force behind the UEFA dirty tricks in the semis - if we stay focused
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby patrickblue » Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:50 am

Mase wrote:

I thought this until I watched the highlights back and realised we were in control and it should have been 5 or 6

You're right there Mase. Apart from a period in the middle of the first half we ran the game.
Real looked so rubbish because we made them, and you can see that by the media reaction. If there'd been a hint of us being lucky the media would have been all over it.
So we scored from two howlers, we forced both of them, plus created loads more.
We did what all of our critics have spent years saying we couldn't, we managed the game against top European opposition.

And as for "playing like that" against BM and PSG, Pep's going to play in the best way to beat what's in front of him.

Sorry Superbia, and don't take this the wrong way, but you're sounding like a red shite apologist making out we didn't deserve it.
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby blues2win » Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:12 am

Knocking out Real Madrid by beating them twice was a great achievement. Surprised at City fans suggesting otherwise.
blues2win

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:19 am

patrickblue wrote:
Mase wrote:

You're right there Mase. Apart from a period in the middle of the first half we ran the game.
Real looked so rubbish because we made them, and you can see that by the media reaction. If there'd been a hint of us being lucky the media would have been all over it.
We did what all of our critics have spent years saying we couldn't, we managed the game against top European opposition.

And as for "playing like that" against BM and PSG, Pep's going to play in the best way to beat what's in front of him.

Sorry Superbia, and don't take this the wrong way, but you're sounding like a red shite apologist making out we didn't deserve it.

No one said we didn't deserve it Patrick - what was said , and its factual , play like that against a Bayern Munich and we will lose as they WILL take their chances...there's nothing wrong with that statement at all - KDB put a couple of balls on a platter , one was for sterling who fucked it up.......we just cannot afford to miss our chances when it comes to playing a team like Bayern and this is the point that's being made.

I'm still confident as when we are on song we are better than most teams but in this competition we need to be on song for the full 90 and take our chances.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby patrickblue » Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:37 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
Mase wrote:

No one said we didn't deserve it Patrick - what was said , and its factual , play like that against a Bayern Munich and we will lose as they WILL take their chances...there's nothing wrong with that statement at all - KDB put a couple of balls on a platter , one was for sterling who fucked it up.......we just cannot afford to miss our chances when it comes to playing a team like Bayern and this is the point that's being made.

I'm still confident as when we are on song we are better than most teams but in this competition we need to be on song for the full 90 and take our chances.

That's not what was being said at all. This to me is saying we didn't deserve it, "that's the worst Madrid team in my lifetime and we only scored from two howlers".
I don't think anyone's disagreeing about missed chances, but people are saying in effect we only won because Real are shit now, and you'd think that both our goals were gifted to us without any input from the City team. Even the red shite press aren't using those excuses
The only reason for the two howlers was because we forced them. The reason that the Spanish champions looked shite was because we made them look shite.
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Plain Speaking » Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:50 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
Mase wrote:

Off the top of my head I can only think of the Liverpool game at home where we were clinical and took our chances. Most games we are incredibly wasteful. We can do it but it's going to be tough.
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Superbia » Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:22 am

patrickblue wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
Mase wrote:

That's not what was being said at all. This to me is saying we didn't deserve it, "that's the worst Madrid team in my lifetime and we only scored from two howlers".
I don't think anyone's disagreeing about missed chances, but people are saying in effect we only won because Real are shit now, and you'd think that both our goals were gifted to us without any input from the City team. Even the red shite press aren't using those excuses
The only reason for the two howlers was because we forced them. The reason that the Spanish champions looked shite was because we made them look shite.

we forced shag all , varane did his best laporte impresion against spurs, madrid don't keep a clean sheet against anyone ,we would have been better losing 1 nil and going through because if we start that midfield again the tie will be over by half time
Superbia

Postby patrickblue » Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:48 am

So we didn't press and force the error for the first? Varane just thought he's give it to Jesus, did he?
And Jesus didn't put any pressure on him for the second, he just thought he'd head it out, miss it and head it short toward the keeper?

Unbelievable!
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum