Build up vs Lyon

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Build up vs Lyon

Postby Nick » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:58 pm

Lastly - anyone know anyone who knows anyone that has it? I speak to hundreds of people daily and the only friend of a friend who I've heard had it is my mates girlfriends grandad. He said he died from it, which is awful. But I'm still sceptical that it was covid. The government have admitted that flu, pneumonia, even car crash deaths are put down as covid.

Not football related but thought I'd post. Don't really come across anyone in Manc that is hibernating. I work with a girl in southport with low immune system and she is. And the mate above is (aside from working for UU and mixing with people every day).
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby zuricity » Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:48 pm

My point was/is , that playing the games normally would have reduced the possibility of Contacts in Lisbon . A totally unnecessary move on the part of UEFA and not fair to the teams and fans
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby brite blu sky » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:24 pm

zuricity wrote:My point was/is , that playing the games normally would have reduced the possibility of Contacts in Lisbon . A totally unnecessary move on the part of UEFA and not fair to the teams and fans

Correct

as for broken society and all that - well it is only brken as we are generally losing the ability to discuss and listen and ultimately compromise.
Blame social media, blame The media, blame politicos
either way the people are more and more impatient with alternate viewpoints and that is the root of the divisions. I'm right everyone else is a loser - sounds like some big fat orange cunt.

As for the virus, it seems to be about 4x more contagious and lethal than ordinary flu. If we let that transmit freely it will kill off a lot of people - some may be your friends and relatives. Obviously not giving a shit about everyone else is seen as cold and heartless.
Interesting that when it comes to livelyhoods then people always have been capable of being cold and heartless - so the dynamic here is always going to be contentious. ( why should I care if your Dad dies of a flu thing )

The whole economy is totally fucked all across the globe and govts have been desperately trying to avoid that, but just simply cannot be that heartless to throw the vunerable to the wind.
As for the rest of us we simply have to accept that this is one major fucked up situation that we just have to accept, as there is no point at all having been through a lockdown and now distancing, wrecked the economy and millions of livelyhoods to then just let the fucking virus back in again.
What would be the point of that ? Millions of jobs lost for absolutely nothing gained.

We have to accept the situation as fucked up and we have to see the general plan through till we get vaccines etc. Even then there will still be a lot of people get ill and die. But as a society we will have mitigated it as best we can, we have done ll we can - freeing us to get back to normal as best as possible. There is no right answer and no perfect solution, just fucked up shit for everyone.

We still should be preventing contagion, that much is obvious. A lot of people from different places, gathering and drinking is a major risk. Stupid idea from UEFA really as Zurich says.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby harveytravis » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:51 pm

The lethality of CV19 is far less than seasonal flu. Around 0.047%

The huge number of new "cases" (i.e. not patients) the government has managed to wangle through its enormous tracking (whilst deaths remain low and falling) has brought the IFR right down.

(I qualified as a doctor at Manchester University in 1973 if anyone would like to discuss this.)

All current restrictions are totally unnecessary and frankly quite ridiculous.

I do not think we will ever return to normal. There is another agenda working here.
harveytravis
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Bournemouthcityfan » Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:36 pm

The government are lying bastards and have fiddles wherever they can the world beating test regime is one huge lie Brexit is an even bigger pile of horse shit. They would be heartless enough to throw the vulnerable under the bus for sure.
Bournemouthcityfan
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sergio Augero

Postby zuricity » Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:47 pm

harveytravis wrote:The lethality of CV19 is far less than seasonal flu. Around 0.047%

The huge number of new "cases" (i.e. not patients) the government has managed to wangle through its enormous tracking (whilst deaths remain low and falling) has brought the IFR right down.

(I qualified as a doctor at Manchester University in 1973 if anyone would like to discuss this.)

I do not think we will ever return to normal. There is another agenda working here.

i also think there is another agenda.

Phoney, ridiculously low interest rates. Negative interest. governments tracking your every movement by your phone location . Scouse2 winning the league . Simply not on !
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:12 pm

harveytravis wrote:The lethality of CV19 is far less than seasonal flu. Around 0.047%

Of course its BS - they do not want to listen to cold hearted facts , most of which are from virologists and similar experts ,but rather listen to speculative apocalyptic scenarios if we don't do what our governments tell us to do.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:18 pm

brite blu sky wrote:
zuricity wrote:My point was/is , that playing the games normally would have reduced the possibility of Contacts in Lisbon . A totally unnecessary move on the part of UEFA and not fair to the teams and fans

Correct

as for broken society and all that - well it is only brken as we are generally losing the ability to discuss and listen and ultimately compromise.
either way the people are more and more impatient with alternate viewpoints and that is the root of the divisions. I'm right everyone else is a loser - sounds like some big fat orange cunt.

As for the virus, it seems to be about 4x more contagious and lethal than ordinary flu. If we let that transmit freely it will kill off a lot of people - some may be your friends and relatives. Obviously not giving a shit about everyone else is seen as cold and heartless.
Interesting that when it comes to livelyhoods then people always have been capable of being cold and heartless - so the dynamic here is always going to be contentious. ( why should I care if your Dad dies of a flu thing )

The whole economy is totally fucked all across the globe and govts have been desperately trying to avoid that, but just simply cannot be that heartless to throw the vunerable to the wind.
As for the rest of us we simply have to accept that this is one major fucked up situation that we just have to accept, as there is no point at all having been through a lockdown and now distancing, wrecked the economy and millions of livelyhoods to then just let the fucking virus back in again.
What would be the point of that ? Millions of jobs lost for absolutely nothing gained.

We have to accept the situation as fucked up and we have to see the general plan through till we get vaccines etc. Even then there will still be a lot of people get ill and die. But as a society we will have mitigated it as best we can, we have done ll we can - freeing us to get back to normal as best as possible. There is no right answer and no perfect solution, just fucked up shit for everyone.

We still should be preventing contagion, that much is obvious. A lot of people from different places, gathering and drinking is a major risk. Stupid idea from UEFA really as Zurich says.

If they had told the vulnerable to stay indoors and isolate and then be given financial assistance while the rest of the planet goes back to work - then we would not be facing economic ruin, would we ? its not rocket science ffs!
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby zuricity » Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:44 pm

Here , this evening , the Swiss government have just announced that as of October people will be able to attend Concerts and Football . For FCZ , it will be embarrassing when they get less than 1000 turning up in October.
Last edited by zuricity on Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby City64 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:50 pm

It is a man made virus there won’t be a vaccine , the world is fucked crack on as best you can before it’s too late . Time waits for nobody the fucking end .
Just be sensible eh !
Society has gone just be your best you only have one life and if you trust politicians your a fucking idiot
Up the fucking blues there is a game on !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby brite blu sky » Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:56 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
brite blu sky wrote:

Correct

If they had told the vulnerable to stay indoors and isolate and then be given financial assistance while the rest of the planet goes back to work - then we would not be facing economic ruin, would we ? its not rocket science ffs!

With hindsight yes maybe. Sweden did that but with pop of just 10mil.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:04 pm

brite blu sky wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
brite blu sky wrote:

Correct

With hindsight yes maybe. Sweden did that but with pop of just 10mil.

They knew this info in May - the data coming through was enough for them to change strategy and they did not act on it as they listened to TiTs like that Ferguson...and still they wont do the obvious..instead dishing out billions of pounds to Furlough everyone when a lesser % of that could be used to help the Vunerable.

Madness....and the more research you do yourself on this situation the more maddening it becomes.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:29 pm

Lyon finished 7th when the season finished in France. Surely we’ve got to do them?!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby salford city » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:37 pm

Mase wrote:Lyon finished 7th when the season finished in France. Surely we’ve got to do them?!

You'd hope so wouldn't you but am sure that's what Juve were thinking. That should work in our favour so we don't make the same mistake.

I know they have lost a few of their stars since, but I thought these were the best team that we played the season before last. Had the better of us on both occasions
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Sparklehorse » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:46 pm

This all day long......anyway, about Lyon :P
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: All of them

Postby sheblue » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:52 pm

salford city wrote:
Mase wrote:Lyon finished 7th when the season finished in France. Surely we’ve got to do them?!

You'd hope so wouldn't you but am sure that's what Juve were thinking. That should work in our favour so we don't make the same mistake.

I know they have lost a few of their stars since, but I thought these were the best team that we played the season before last. Had the better of us on both occasions

Hold on isn't this a covid thread, lecture. Covid bollocks talk now?
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby salford city » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:06 pm

sheblue wrote:
salford city wrote:

Hold on isn't this a covid thread, lecture. Covid bollocks talk now?

Apologies, just cracked open my first Estrella Galicia and must have gotten giddy......
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city

Postby zuricity » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:53 pm

City64 wrote:It is a man made virus there won’t be a vaccine , the world is fucked crack on as best you can before it’s too late . Time waits for nobody the fucking end .
Just be sensible eh !
Society has gone just be your best you only have one life and if you trust politicians your a fucking idiot
Up the fucking blues there is a game on !

Indeed. At some stage the US must pay it's debts . They owe an awful lot to other Countries .
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Saul Goodman » Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:54 pm

So how about that Lyon match....
Saul Goodman

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:57 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:So how about that Lyon match....

Is there a match? On the COVID thread? :?:
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Fernandinho

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum