Other European Games

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Other European Games

Postby PeterParker » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:06 am

Mase wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
Mase wrote:A shitty team like PSG in the final and we couldn’t get passed QTRs..

Neymar and Mbappe. World beaters.

I don’t rate Neymar. We should have got Mbappe when we signed his two mates from Monaco. But we don’t sign superstars.

Only Cook did that. On a napkin.

I don't rate Neymar either, but he knows how to take a player.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:59 am

Mase wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
Mase wrote:A shitty team like PSG in the final and we couldn’t get passed QTRs..

I don’t rate Neymar. We should have got Mbappe when we signed his two mates from Monaco. But we don’t sign superstars.

We have 1 superstar Mase like him or not the Brazilian is in a squad that is doing it,Manager who is controlled we are serial chokers I include Pep !

Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Wooders » Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:02 pm

Neymar is a cunt but he can carry games
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Clowncrete » Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:24 pm

Mase wrote:
PeterParker wrote:

Pretty much. Psg is literally 2 superstars, Di Maria and a load of good to average players. I really think we should buy a superstar striker this year or next year to replace Aguero.
Clowncrete
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Super Kev!

Postby BlueinBosnia » Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:38 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:The CL preliminary round final between Linfield and Drita (Kosovo) has been postponed after 2 Drita players tested positive for Coronavirus. This is after the 4-team preliminary competition was arranged by UEFA at a neutral venue in Switzerland, with UEFA being responsible for implementing all safety precautions.

Now it gets even more interesting. The winner is supposed to play Legia Warsaw next Tuesday in Warsaw. There is a zero-tolerance approach due to postponement of matches as a result of coronavirus, with the home team most likely to face punishment, unless the away team are unable to field a squad.

Fortunately for both teams (and UEFA), Poland is one of the countries that have guaranteed access for teams at risk of being banned from entering other countries. However, due to UEFA's mismanagement, were they to have been drawn against most other teams, Drita could *theoretically* win the game, but be banned from entering a country for the subsequent round, meaning their opposition would have been left with a couple of days (at most) to suggest an alternative venue, which is unrealistic, leading to them being disqualified due to circumstances for which UEFA would have been entirely responsible.

Incidentally, had UEFA not organized this round, Drita would have been disqualified already, from what I understand.

The qualifiers will be full of this shit.

Update: Drita have been expelled from the competition. This is going to be mental: If UEFA cannot guarantee safety at a mini-tournament that they've organized for small and financially weak clubs and mete out punishments like this for their own failings, imagine the ways clubs from Russia and the like will try to 'influence' testing results.

Also, something like a quarter of a million euros rested on this tie, which isn't insignificant money to teams from small leagues. If too many qualifiers start being called off, I wonder what happens to UEFA's TV deals? This game got called off just over an hour before kick-off, and I guess broadcasters are going to be limited in their capacities for switching to screening another game at such short notice.

Update 2: Another Kosovo team (Prishtina) had EIGHT members of its squad test positive before a game in Gibraltar last night. It seems that the lab company that UEFA have contracted to test teams doesn't have a presence in Kosovo, so they sub-contracted the whole shebang out to a local outfit. Now there are 3 possibilities (i) something is seriously wrong with the lab/tests, (ii) the results are being faked, or (iii) teams from Kosovo are extremely unlucky and have contracted cases either in transit or once they have arrived in other countries, while no other teams from other countries have.

Before this, I thought it was harsh of UEFA to ban Drita for UEFA's failings. Now it's pretty clear that it's just incompetence from the people UEFA handed out contracts to, so I have no idea who the blame lies with. According to some sources, the Prishtina game hasn't been called off, but instead postponed.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby salford city » Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:46 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:The CL preliminary round final between Linfield and Drita (Kosovo) has been postponed after 2 Drita players tested positive for Coronavirus. This is after the 4-team preliminary competition was arranged by UEFA at a neutral venue in Switzerland, with UEFA being responsible for implementing all safety precautions.

Now it gets even more interesting. The winner is supposed to play Legia Warsaw next Tuesday in Warsaw. There is a zero-tolerance approach due to postponement of matches as a result of coronavirus, with the home team most likely to face punishment, unless the away team are unable to field a squad.

Fortunately for both teams (and UEFA), Poland is one of the countries that have guaranteed access for teams at risk of being banned from entering other countries. However, due to UEFA's mismanagement, were they to have been drawn against most other teams, Drita could *theoretically* win the game, but be banned from entering a country for the subsequent round, meaning their opposition would have been left with a couple of days (at most) to suggest an alternative venue, which is unrealistic, leading to them being disqualified due to circumstances for which UEFA would have been entirely responsible.

Incidentally, had UEFA not organized this round, Drita would have been disqualified already, from what I understand.

The qualifiers will be full of this shit.

Update: Drita have been expelled from the competition. This is going to be mental: If UEFA cannot guarantee safety at a mini-tournament that they've organized for small and financially weak clubs and mete out punishments like this for their own failings, imagine the ways clubs from Russia and the like will try to 'influence' testing results.

Also, something like a quarter of a million euros rested on this tie, which isn't insignificant money to teams from small leagues. If too many qualifiers start being called off, I wonder what happens to UEFA's TV deals? This game got called off just over an hour before kick-off, and I guess broadcasters are going to be limited in their capacities for switching to screening another game at such short notice.

Update 2: Another Kosovo team (Prishtina) had EIGHT members of its squad test positive before a game in Gibraltar last night. It seems that the lab company that UEFA have contracted to test teams doesn't have a presence in Kosovo, so they sub-contracted the whole shebang out to a local outfit. Now there are 3 possibilities (i) something is seriously wrong with the lab/tests, (ii) the results are being faked, or (iii) teams from Kosovo are extremely unlucky and have contracted cases either in transit or once they have arrived in other countries, while no other teams from other countries have.

Before this, I thought it was harsh of UEFA to ban Drita for UEFA's failings. Now it's pretty clear that it's just incompetence from the people UEFA handed out contracts to, so I have no idea who the blame lies with. According to some sources, the Prishtina game hasn't been called off, but instead postponed.

That is mental. UEFA really don't have a clue do they? Trouble is they know that they cannot overrun 20/21 chumps league due to the rescheduled Euros so will need to come up with solutions on the fly
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby BlueinBosnia » Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:01 pm

salford city wrote:That is mental. UEFA really don't have a clue do they? Trouble is they know that they cannot overrun 20/21 chumps league due to the rescheduled Euros so will need to come up with solutions on the fly

From what I've read about the criteria for hosting a match, it's advantageous to be the away team in these single-leg qualification games, especially considering no fans are allowed in the stadiums.

The reason the match has been postponed rather than cancelled is that Prishtina had enough players for the match to start, but Gibraltar refused to let the match go ahead and forced the team to quarantine at the airport. In normal circumstances, that would have meant the Gibraltar team would have forfeited the game, but the dodgy test results from Kosovo bring that logic into question in this specific instance, especially with regard to the sub-contracting of labs.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Postby PeterParker » Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:02 pm

I hope this ends up on the wire. If Bayern fucks them I will feel even worse.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby PeterParker » Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:03 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:
salford city wrote:That is mental. UEFA really don't have a clue do they? Trouble is they know that they cannot overrun 20/21 chumps league due to the rescheduled Euros so will need to come up with solutions on the fly

From what I've read about the criteria for hosting a match, it's advantageous to be the away team in these single-leg qualification games, especially considering no fans are allowed in the stadiums.

The reason the match has been postponed rather than cancelled is that Prishtina had enough players for the match to start, but Gibraltar refused to let the match go ahead and forced the team to quarantine at the airport. In normal circumstances, that would have meant the Gibraltar team would have forfeited the game, but the dodgy test results from Kosovo bring that logic into question in this specific instance, especially with regard to the sub-contracting of labs.

Cluj are playing now in Malta and the game is not on tv here. The reason is interesting because Cluj was accused on faking the have covid to postpone a game near the end of the season, two weeks ago.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby nottsblue » Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:04 pm

The CL Semi, Could have been, Should have been, still hurts
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby city72 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:34 pm

nottsblue wrote:The CL Semi, Could have been, Should have been, still hurts

Munchen would have done us big time
city72
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester city

Postby PeterParker » Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:34 pm

nottsblue wrote:The CL Semi, Could have been, Should have been, still hurts

Game over.

Goddamn it City.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby london blue 2 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:36 pm

0-2 game over. We’re rubbish
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Sideshow Bob » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:34 pm

0-2 scoreline is not really relflective. lyon have opened them up half a dozen times only to let themselves down with poor finishing. why does that sound familiar...
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby sheblue » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:54 pm

Our best team could deal with Bayern. Ahhhhhhhh...
PSG will get goals against them.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby BlueinBosnia » Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:56 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:Update: Drita have been expelled from the competition. This is going to be mental: If UEFA cannot guarantee safety at a mini-tournament that they've organized for small and financially weak clubs and mete out punishments like this for their own failings, imagine the ways clubs from Russia and the like will try to 'influence' testing results.

Update 3: The third team from Kosovo have had their match in San Marino postponed, due to a player testing positive.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Postby PeterParker » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:56 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:Update: Drita have been expelled from the competition. This is going to be mental: If UEFA cannot guarantee safety at a mini-tournament that they've organized for small and financially weak clubs and mete out punishments like this for their own failings, imagine the ways clubs from Russia and the like will try to 'influence' testing results.

Update 3: The third team from Kosovo have had their match in San Marino postponed, due to a player testing positive.

I think teams will "solve" this in another way.
Imho every team has a player/staff member with covid. They don't have the same protection and ways like all the big clubs.

I think UEFA somehow accepts this.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Saul Goodman » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:07 pm

Diego Carlos of Sevilla has given away penalties in 3 straight knockout rounds of the EL this season. Of course he's one of our CB candidates
Saul Goodman

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby dick dastardley » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:21 pm

Inter remind me of the rags surrounding the ref. Let's hope the twats lose
Horrible club/team
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Saul Goodman » Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:16 pm

dick dastardley wrote:Inter remind me of the rags surrounding the ref. Let's hope the twats lose
Horrible club/team

Sevilla havent been much better. Diving and play-acting all over the pitch from both clubs
Saul Goodman

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum