Other European Games

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Other European Games

Postby PeterParker » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:48 pm

Get in Sevilla.
1-0 with Wolves.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Re: Other European Games

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:49 pm

Haha Wolves out, now start planning for your ffp sanctions, Karma’s a fucking bitch isn’t it :lol: :lol:
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby carolina-blue » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:25 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:Haha Wolves out, now start planning for your ffp sanctions, Karma’s a fucking bitch isn’t it :lol: :lol:

And the Cunts missed a pen hahahaha
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby BlueinBosnia » Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:10 am

The CL preliminary round final between Linfield and Drita (Kosovo) has been postponed after 2 Drita players tested positive for Coronavirus. This is after the 4-team preliminary competition was arranged by UEFA at a neutral venue in Switzerland, with UEFA being responsible for implementing all safety precautions.

Now it gets even more interesting. The winner is supposed to play Legia Warsaw next Tuesday in Warsaw. There is a zero-tolerance approach due to postponement of matches as a result of coronavirus, with the home team most likely to face punishment, unless the away team are unable to field a squad.

Fortunately for both teams (and UEFA), Poland is one of the countries that have guaranteed access for teams at risk of being banned from entering other countries. However, due to UEFA's mismanagement, were they to have been drawn against most other teams, Drita could *theoretically* win the game, but be banned from entering a country for the subsequent round, meaning their opposition would have been left with a couple of days (at most) to suggest an alternative venue, which is unrealistic, leading to them being disqualified due to circumstances for which UEFA would have been entirely responsible.

Incidentally, had UEFA not organized this round, Drita would have been disqualified already, from what I understand.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby PeterParker » Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:44 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:The CL preliminary round final between Linfield and Drita (Kosovo) has been postponed after 2 Drita players tested positive for Coronavirus. This is after the 4-team preliminary competition was arranged by UEFA at a neutral venue in Switzerland, with UEFA being responsible for implementing all safety precautions.

Now it gets even more interesting. The winner is supposed to play Legia Warsaw next Tuesday in Warsaw. There is a zero-tolerance approach due to postponement of matches as a result of coronavirus, with the home team most likely to face punishment, unless the away team are unable to field a squad.

Fortunately for both teams (and UEFA), Poland is one of the countries that have guaranteed access for teams at risk of being banned from entering other countries. However, due to UEFA's mismanagement, were they to have been drawn against most other teams, Drita could *theoretically* win the game, but be banned from entering a country for the subsequent round, meaning their opposition would have been left with a couple of days (at most) to suggest an alternative venue, which is unrealistic, leading to them being disqualified due to circumstances for which UEFA would have been entirely responsible.

Incidentally, had UEFA not organized this round, Drita would have been disqualified already, from what I understand.

The qualifiers will be full of this shit.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby PeterParker » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:10 pm

Come on Atalanta!
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:32 pm

BT commentary ahead of pictures - screaming goal when Atalanta were just passing around the edge of the box :lol:
PeterParker wrote:Come on Atalanta!
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby stevefromdonny » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:32 pm

Atlanta winning 1-0 but are they watching steam as said Atlanta had scored but it was 0-0 for about 10 seconds
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:34 pm

stevefromdonny wrote:Atlanta winning 1-0 but are they watching steam as said Atlanta had scored but it was 0-0 for about 10 seconds

just blamed it on the weather
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby salford city » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:34 pm

johnny crossan wrote:BT commentary ahead of pictures - screaming goal when Atalanta were just passing around the edge of the box :lol:
PeterParker wrote:Come on Atalanta!

Come the fuck on Atalanta, they cannot defend for shit but love to attack - hmm sounds familiar. Enjoyed our two games against these before Ederson's brain-fart
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby zuricity » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:50 pm

The rag ref let Atalanta off with a lot of petty ( Tactical ) fouls that he might see ( or be told in his earpiece to see ) in the PL.
Last edited by zuricity on Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Saul Goodman » Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:53 pm

I hate PSG so much
Saul Goodman

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby PeterParker » Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:53 pm

Have to feel for Atalanta.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Sideshow Bob » Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:54 pm

atalanta chokes at the death. sad.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby zuricity » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:00 pm

Second goal was offside. All part of the same move . No VAR , well, well, well.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby City64 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:01 pm

Both teams pretty shit to be fair and PSG loaded with diving cheating cunts .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby branny » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:50 pm

I only watched the last half hour but both teams hit the deck at the slightest contact and Psg looked like us on an off day. I'd be quite happy facing them in the final if we get through.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby Saul Goodman » Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:48 am

branny wrote:I only watched the last half hour but both teams hit the deck at the slightest contact and Psg looked like us on an off day. I'd be quite happy facing them in the final if we get through.

if PSG play like this vs. Atletico then they won't get to the final
Saul Goodman

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby BlueinBosnia » Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:53 am

PeterParker wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:The CL preliminary round final between Linfield and Drita (Kosovo) has been postponed after 2 Drita players tested positive for Coronavirus. This is after the 4-team preliminary competition was arranged by UEFA at a neutral venue in Switzerland, with UEFA being responsible for implementing all safety precautions.

The qualifiers will be full of this shit.

Update: Drita have been expelled from the competition. This is going to be mental: If UEFA cannot guarantee safety at a mini-tournament that they've organized for small and financially weak clubs and mete out punishments like this for their own failings, imagine the ways clubs from Russia and the like will try to 'influence' testing results.

Also, something like a quarter of a million euros rested on this tie, which isn't insignificant money to teams from small leagues. If too many qualifiers start being called off, I wonder what happens to UEFA's TV deals? This game got called off just over an hour before kick-off, and I guess broadcasters are going to be limited in their capacities for switching to screening another game at such short notice.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby branny » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:16 am

Saul Goodman wrote:
branny wrote:I only watched the last half hour but both teams hit the deck at the slightest contact and Psg looked like us on an off day. I'd be quite happy facing them in the final if we get through.

if PSG play like this vs. Atletico then they won't get to the final

Strange things can happen in straight knock out football. We know that more than most.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum