Centre Back

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Centre Back

Postby Saul Goodman » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:56 pm

At this point we will likely end up with Diego Carlos who doesnt look that good and will probably be another Stones.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby sheblue » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:36 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:At this point we will likely end up with Diego Carlos who doesnt look that good and will probably be another Stones.

Dont know much about him, reading that many do not think he is good enough. If hes no better than what we have why bother.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby nottsblue » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:38 pm

This lad from Atletico Madrid wd are supposed to be in for is surely a no go. Only once in 6 years started more than 25 games.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Saul Goodman » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:39 pm

nottsblue wrote:This lad from Atletico Madrid wd are supposed to be in for is surely a no go. Only once in 6 years started more than 25 games.

Sounds like he's right in our wheelhouse
Saul Goodman

Postby sheblue » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:44 am

If this wasn't so serious it would be laughable.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby harveytravis » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:31 am

And Tosin apparently wants to leave...
harveytravis
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:48 am

Now we've allegedly moved on to Diego Carlos centre back partner at Sevilla, Kounde.

Fucking silly season.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby aaron bond » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:32 am

It's disappointing that we have not brought in another centre back or left back yet, but if we were start this weekend with a back 4 of Walker, Ake, Laporte and Cancelo then that would be a solid back 4. That should be good enough to begin the season with and we still have a couple of weeks to bring new players in (and ship out some deadwood).

But this season Pep needs to play the same back 4 as often as possible. We know Stones, Otamendi, Fernandinho, Mendy, Zinchenko etc. all struggled last season but I don't think any of them were helped by us playing a different back 4 every game. Even if you don't have the best defenders, you can still have a strong defence if they are well organised and play regularly together.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby Dubciteh » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:08 am

aaron bond wrote:It's disappointing that we have not brought in another centre back or left back yet, but if we were start this weekend with a back 4 of Walker, Ake, Laporte and Cancelo then that would be a solid back 4. That should be good enough to begin the season with and we still have a couple of weeks to bring new players in (and ship out some deadwood).

But this season Pep needs to play the same back 4 as often as possible. We know Stones, Otamendi, Fernandinho, Mendy, Zinchenko etc. all struggled last season but I don't think any of them were helped by us playing a different back 4 every game. Even if you don't have the best defenders, you can still have a strong defence if they are well organised and play regularly together.

Two left footed centre backs feels weird. I know right footers do it all the time but to me it feels awkward
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby PeterParker » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:58 am

Just fucking ask Dunnie to come back for a season.
Even fucking Howie looks delicious now.

Yeah, I know how that phrase sounds.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Mase » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:06 pm

PeterParker wrote:Just fucking ask Dunnie to come back for a season.
Even fucking Howie looks delicious now.

Yeah, I know how that phrase sounds.

I’ve always thought Richard Jobson could do a job in this City team.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:07 pm

aaron bond wrote:But this season Pep needs to play the same back 4 as often as possible. We know Stones, Otamendi, Fernandinho, Mendy, Zinchenko etc. all struggled last season but I don't think any of them were helped by us playing a different back 4 every game. Even if you don't have the best defenders, you can still have a strong defence if they are well organised and play regularly together.

Baldie will never ever play the same back 4 as long as hes got a hole in his arse - its his downfall and is the main reason why we were nowhere last season.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby PeterParker » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:22 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
aaron bond wrote:But this season Pep needs to play the same back 4 as often as possible. We know Stones, Otamendi, Fernandinho, Mendy, Zinchenko etc. all struggled last season but I don't think any of them were helped by us playing a different back 4 every game. Even if you don't have the best defenders, you can still have a strong defence if they are well organised and play regularly together.

Baldie will never ever play the same back 4 as long as hes got a hole in his arse - its his downfall and is the main reason why we were nowhere last season.

I will be shocked if we manage to have a great season.
My feel is that our morale is low and our squad is tired and used.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby sheblue » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:05 pm

Dubciteh wrote:
aaron bond wrote:It's disappointing that we have not brought in another centre back or left back yet, but if we were start this weekend with a back 4 of Walker, Ake, Laporte and Cancelo then that would be a solid back 4. That should be good enough to begin the season with and we still have a couple of weeks to bring new players in (and ship out some deadwood).

Two left footed centre backs feels weird. I know right footers do it all the time but to me it feels awkward

I dont think its weird to be honest. I would have a good left footer in that position rather than an bad right one!!
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:32 pm

Until we have a consistent back 4 playing together it doesn’t matter who we sign, defenders need to play together regular to develop into a unit
So chopping and changing defenders every week has the opposite effect and, leads to the unforced errors we saw occur last season.
A typical example of this is Sheffield United, ask yourself this -: name their back 4 without google - see what I mean, yet they had a good defence, in fact without it would have been relegated.
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Saul Goodman » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:57 pm

Isnt Ake still injured? I bet Fernandinho starts at CB vs Wolves
Saul Goodman

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:00 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:Isnt Ake still injured? I bet Fernandinho starts at CB vs Wolves

Nope, in full training.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby PeterParker » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:12 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:Isnt Ake still injured? I bet Fernandinho starts at CB vs Wolves

Nope, in full training.

Good, then Ake & Fern it is :lol:
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby nottsblue » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:15 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:Until we have a consistent back 4 playing together it doesn’t matter who we sign, defenders need to play together regular to develop into a unit
So chopping and changing defenders every week has the opposite effect and, leads to the unforced errors we saw occur last season.
A typical example of this is Sheffield United, ask yourself this -: name their back 4 without google - see what I mean, yet they had a good defence, in fact without it would have been relegated.

Correct.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby carolina-blue » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:21 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Harry Dowd scored wrote:Until we have a consistent back 4 playing together it doesn’t matter who we sign, defenders need to play together regular to develop into a unit

Correct.

Unfortunately won’t happen with tinkerman MKll
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum