****Official Overthinking City vs Lyon

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ****Official Overthinking City vs Lyon

Postby Mase » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:27 pm

Sparklehorse wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:PLEASE SELL STERLING

Our second best player after KdB. And I'm not talking about tonight.

Let's settle this.
He is shit. Always was shit and always will be shit.

His only quality is speed. That's it.

......and 30 odd goals !!

Darren Huckerby would get 30 goals in this City team
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:27 pm

PrezIke wrote:Watching Sterling's miss again...I can't even believe it still

Get him out the fucking door, shit cunt.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Mase » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:28 pm

Laporte was fuckin shite tonight as well. The Otter pisses all over him
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:30 pm

patrickblue wrote:
sheblue wrote:Oh for fuck sake can we stop blaming VAR. We made a billocks of it right from the off.
Schoolboy stuff from the manager. Horrendous blunders that have cost us yet again this season.
Blunder after blunder.

Spot on.
Only ourselves to blame.

What really grates is the sheer number of defeats this season, and even games we’ve struggled to win, that we have been the architects of our downfall. This hasn’t been a one off. Not by a long fucking chalk.

Let’s see what business we do in the summer because we have some way to go to catch the dippers
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Sparklehorse » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:34 pm

I’ve not criticised Pep at all, but this loss was his fault, chopping and changing, trying to be too smart for his own good. Jesus has a great game against RM but was completely anonymous tonight. Pep has to see that and do something. Sterling has been our best player this season but the miss is inexplicable. Jesus’ miss was more important, that would have put us in front. Hey ho, I fucking hate this competition for the simple reason it’s the pundits get out clause that we’re not the best PL team ever, which of course we are. Cnuts.
All we need is composure and as good as Laporte is in most games, when it really fucking matters he falls short every time. I’m pissed off right now
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: All of them

Postby PeterParker » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:40 pm

I think many of you Sterling lovers have short memory.
A little reminder of who we are dealing with.

One thing is to support the club and the other is not to understand we have some shit players. If we see only 30 goals and forget the other 97 misses, then we truly are like Pep.
As Mase pointed out Huckerby above, we long passed that day. We either act like a top club and solve our issues or we will continue to fail.

Sancho, as much I dislike would have scored that. Because he is not bottler.

When you are shit and have a shit day, you score those chances.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Grandad Rosler » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:43 pm

Mase wrote:Laporte was fuckin shite tonight as well. The Otter pisses all over him

Steady on Mase. Although agreed he was terrible tonight
Grandad Rosler
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Andy Morrison

Postby Sparklehorse » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:43 pm

I would employ any player in the world if he scores thirty goals......what more do you you want, he will miss chances like any other player in the world ffs
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Sparklehorse » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:44 pm

Laporte with analysis was fucking shite against Madrid, he was as shaky as fuck. Not a big game player in my opinion.
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Postby salford city » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:49 pm

PeterParker wrote:I think many of you Sterling lovers have short memory.
A little reminder of who we are dealing with.

One thing is to support the club and the other is not to understand we have some shit players. If we see only 30 goals and forget the other 97 misses, then we truly are like Pep.
As Mase pointed out Huckerby above, we long passed that day. We either act like a top club and solve our issues or we will continue to fail.

Sancho, as much I dislike would have scored that. Because he is not bottler.

When you are shit and have a shit day, you score those chances.

I'm not and have never been Sterlings biggest fan however to say Sancho scores that is just nonsense. You may as well stick up a gif of a keeper saving shot at him and say Ederson would not have saved that- it amounts to the same thing
We are all pissed off right now, but keep things in perspective
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Redna » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:50 pm

Sometimes I miss old proper football.
When a retired footballer had to find some way of living after the legs were gone.
When admission was affordable for a missfit.
When every goalkeeper whore a green jersey.
When there was one, maybe two straws of grass in the box come May.
CTID!
"A man's gotta do what his women says"
Redna
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods own
My favourite player is: Ron Jeremy

Postby PeterParker » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:53 pm

salford city wrote:
I'm not and have never been Sterlings biggest fan however to say Sancho scores that is just nonsense. You may as well stick up a gif of a keeper saving shot at him and say Ederson would not have saved that- it amounts to the same thing

I am not even 1% impressed with Sancho, don't get me wrong.
My comparision with him was that they are let's say, almost at the same level, more experience in Sterling's favour. My point was that Sancho and many top players that are at a big level, are not bottlers. He is. You cannot trust him in key moments.
For Sterling this type of miss is as common as it can be.

Imagine him in the Aguero moment.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:57 pm

Mase wrote:Laporte was fuckin shite tonight as well. The Otter pisses all over him

He missed Kolarov.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Sparklehorse » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:58 pm

My final point is this......our club hierarchy need to stop our players giving press releases, saying we’re going to do this and going to do that. It ALWAYS WORKS AGAINST US. Shut the fuck up and just get on with your preparation. Be humble and be glad you’re being paid a posh house every week.
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Outcast » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:59 pm

PeterParker wrote:
salford city wrote:

I am not even 1% impressed with Sancho, don't get me wrong.
My comparision with him was that they are let's say, almost at the same level, more experience in Sterling's favour. My point was that Sancho and many top players that are at a big level, are not bottlers. He is. You cannot trust him in key moments.
For Sterling this type of miss is as common as it can be.

Imagine him in the Aguero moment.

Dortmund are not expected to win the Champions league or even their league, he's not on £300k a week. Different pressures, once he's in similar situation, only then we can start comparing. not defending Sterling but he's under alot of pressure to deliver. Sancho isn't the best example but I get your point
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby london blue 2 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:03 pm

Sterling is ok. Won enough games. But I do get the frustration with his flaky finishing.

But tonight is on pep. We can’t blame anything else.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Bluemoon16 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:04 pm

Remember the days when Mancini used to sub a forward (while losing) for a defender, then bring an additional forward into the game later. And bang, City wins by the end of the game. It was like Nasri out for De Jong, so Yaya can move further forward, while Barry shuttles behind him and De Jong protecting any counters. This tactic frustrated most of us as the logical sub we used to demand was Johnson for Nasri to create more penetration into the box. Yet Mancini (for those with longer memories) used to win tactical games with the right substitutions to the frustration of many including myself. Ohh and I really miss how solid he made our defence.. Back to the present, Pep's lineup and luck of tactical substitutions cost us the game tonight.
Last edited by Bluemoon16 on Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bluemoon16
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

My favourite player is: ZabzZ

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:07 pm

mr_nool wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:PLEASE SELL STERLING

Our second best player after KdB. And I'm not talking about tonight.

He is useless and always has been. He cant link the play. He fucks up our attacks. He has everyone putting it on a plate for him and even then he fucks up. He always goes missing in big games. He always gets picked no matter how shit he plays. Sane has left because he couldn't get minutes over this Shithead and Mahrez and Bernado could go a similar way.

He has some marketing appeal so if there is any club absolutely mad enough to put up the money, then get rid ASAP.

I've said it numerous times, our front 3 all need to be clinical. Sterling misses chance after chance. Even in the 4th minute he had a chance but didn't have the skill or brain to finish and copped out with a shit pass to Jesus. Any top player would have finished it. We cant carry Sterling any longer
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby sheblue » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:09 pm

Bluemoon16 wrote:Remember the days when Mancini used to sub a forward (while losing) for a defender, then bring an additional forward into the game later. And bang, City wins by the end of the game. It was like Nasri out for De Jong, so Yaya can move further forward, while Barry shuttles behind him and De Jong protecting any counters. This tactic frustrated most of us as the logical sub we used to demanded was Johnson for Nasri to create more penetration into the box. Yet Mancini (for those with longer memories) used to wins tactical games with the right substitutions to the frustration of many including myself. Ohh and I really miss how solid he made our defence.. Back to the present, Pep's lineup and luck of tactical substitutions cost us the game tonight.

He had a lot of faults, and some very bad ones, but he was the best manager at changing a game mid way through, by subs or change of formation.
He could see what was wrong and change it, more often than not it worked.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Mase » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:19 pm

sheblue wrote:
Bluemoon16 wrote:Remember the days when Mancini used to sub a forward (while losing) for a defender, then bring an additional forward into the game later. And bang, City wins by the end of the game. It was like Nasri out for De Jong, so Yaya can move further forward, while Barry shuttles behind him and De Jong protecting any counters. This tactic frustrated most of us as the logical sub we used to demanded was Johnson for Nasri to create more penetration into the box. Yet Mancini (for those with longer memories) used to wins tactical games with the right substitutions to the frustration of many including myself. Ohh and I really miss how solid he made our defence.. Back to the present, Pep's lineup and luck of tactical substitutions cost us the game tonight.

He had a lot of faults, and some very bad ones, but he was the best manager at changing a game mid way through, by subs or change of formation.
He could see what was wrong and change it, more often than not it worked.

He wasn’t a stubborn, arrogant, egomaniac in those instances and would admit he got his initial selection wrong.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum